Cro Cop Out of Pride

This whole thing was not reported by the Japanese media. It only took a day though. So it was a very calculating ploy by Mirko. Releasing it to the Croatian media. Then it had to be translated. Never would have made it to Japan. I know he knows if it did make it to Japan he would have lost some respect here.

Cottamn Cro-Crop is a baby! An out-of-shape baby at that. His conditioning is no where near that of Wandy and he will get his ass handed to him. Here we have a man who has killed several people, but when he doesn’t get his way in the ring (read: when his high kick doesn’t work, like vs. Mark Hunt…) he starts to break down and throw a hissy fit like a little bitch. And now it’s this shit? Wow, somebody please knee CroCop in the face and pay that person!

[quote]6foot5 wrote:
Cottamn Cro-Crop is a baby! An out-of-shape baby at that. His conditioning is no where near that of Wandy and he will get his ass handed to him. Here we have a man who has killed several people, but when he doesn’t get his way in the ring (read: when his high kick doesn’t work, like vs. Mark Hunt…) he starts to break down and throw a hissy fit like a little bitch. And now it’s this shit? Wow, somebody please knee CroCop in the face and pay that person![/quote]

We’ll see about that :slight_smile: I agree that Wandy’s cardio is better, but that’s all he has on Mirko. If the fight goes long Wandy can pull it out, but I don’t see much chance of him escaping the first round. On paper, the only way Mirko can lose is his own level of motivation, and given that Wandy has already pissed him off I think he’ll have that covered.

[quote]6foot5 wrote:
Cottamn Cro-Crop is a baby! An out-of-shape baby at that. His conditioning is no where near that of Wandy and he will get his ass handed to him. Here we have a man who has killed several people, but when he doesn’t get his way in the ring (read: when his high kick doesn’t work, like vs. Mark Hunt…) he starts to break down and throw a hissy fit like a little bitch. And now it’s this shit? Wow, somebody please knee CroCop in the face and pay that person![/quote]

You don’t know what you are talking about. A baby? ok internet tough guy.

OK, how about some outright heresy, blasphemy? When Chuck gets beaten by Babalu, then Silva can fight Mirko in the following UFC. It becomes the best of both worlds and the UFC finally gets a decent fight.

Or not.

[quote]TWalton wrote:
OK, how about some outright heresy, blasphemy? When Chuck gets beaten by Babalu, then Silva can fight Mirko in the following UFC. It becomes the best of both worlds and the UFC finally gets a decent fight.

Or not. [/quote]
Na. That won’t happen. Crocop is a heavyweight. The UFC has a ban on any heavyweights who can actually fight in case Tim Silva gets hurt.

i’m just saying im losing respect for cro-cop, now hes got a lot 2 prove…and 1, u prob dont know what mma stands for. kill yourself and come back as a man.

[quote]6foot5 wrote:
i’m just saying im losing respect for cro-cop, now hes got a lot 2 prove…and 1, u prob dont know what mma stands for. kill yourself and come back as a man.[/quote]

Yes, because real men bash fighters on the internet.

MMA fighters need to form a union. I know all of the big American sports are being ruined by the greed of the athletes, but promoters in mma are making MILLIONS.

It is a little difficult to understand how a boxer can command tens of millions for a title fight and mma fighters are getting such wimpy paychecks. They probably support a larger training staff also.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

We’ll see about that :slight_smile: I agree that Wandy’s cardio is better, but that’s all he has on Mirko. If the fight goes long Wandy can pull it out, but I don’t see much chance of him escaping the first round. On paper, the only way Mirko can lose is his own level of motivation, and given that Wandy has already pissed him off I think he’ll have that covered.[/quote]

I don’t think that’s all he has on Mirko. I think Silva’s ground game is better as well. Mirko’s ground defense is much improved, but he is still no match for Silva on the ground. I know Silva isn’t a big submission guy but he is still more comfortable on the mat then Mirko.

Another advantage Silva has is that Mirko looks real, real bad in fights were he is being pressured. Just look at the Hunt/Fedor fights. Those guys just kept coming at him and Mirko really looked lost out there. Silva will keep coming after him.

I see this being a close fight ending in a decision with no clear winner.

[quote]SprinterOne wrote:
Donut62 wrote:

We’ll see about that :slight_smile: I agree that Wandy’s cardio is better, but that’s all he has on Mirko. If the fight goes long Wandy can pull it out, but I don’t see much chance of him escaping the first round. On paper, the only way Mirko can lose is his own level of motivation, and given that Wandy has already pissed him off I think he’ll have that covered.

I don’t think that’s all he has on Mirko. I think Silva’s ground game is better as well. Mirko’s ground defense is much improved, but he is still no match for Silva on the ground. I know Silva isn’t a big submission guy but he is still more comfortable on the mat then Mirko.

Another advantage Silva has is that Mirko looks real, real bad in fights were he is being pressured. Just look at the Hunt/Fedor fights. Those guys just kept coming at him and Mirko really looked lost out there. Silva will keep coming after him.

I see this being a close fight ending in a decision with no clear winner.
[/quote]

All good points, nice post. Once the card firms up I’ll, or someone else will, start a Final Conflict thread. There’s a lot to talk about in these fights. I agree that Mirko falls apart when he can’t control the pace of the fight, but keep in mind that only two people have been able to do that well in Pride. 1) Fedor, is well Fedor. And Silva isn’t Fedor. Mirko was too afraid to plant his feet and strike, if he wouldn’t have slipped that one kick that went an inch over Fedor’s head would have been lights out. 2) Hunt took enough damage pressuring Mirko to make any other human being permanently brain damaged. Silva wouldn’t survive those LHK or the Axe Kicks without going down.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
All good points, nice post. Once the card firms up I’ll, or someone else will, start a Final Conflict thread. There’s a lot to talk about in these fights. I agree that Mirko falls apart when he can’t control the pace of the fight, but keep in mind that only two people have been able to do that well in Pride. 1) Fedor, is well Fedor. And Silva isn’t Fedor. Mirko was too afraid to plant his feet and strike, if he wouldn’t have slipped that one kick that went an inch over Fedor’s head would have been lights out. 2) Hunt took enough damage pressuring Mirko to make any other human being permanently brain damaged. Silva wouldn’t survive those LHK or the Axe Kicks without going down.[/quote]

Well, either way I expect this to be a great fight and can’t wait to watch it.