T Nation

Cro Cop Joins UFC

America, meet your new hero. Get the highlight reels ready.

I see a bad day coming for Tim Sylvia.

Hell yeah!

When he destroys Sylvia and takes the belt…I might just cry a little. I have never hated a fighter more than Sylvia, he is without a doubt the most boring and senselessly cocky persona in MMA. Who wears their title belt to WATCH someone else fight???

Down with Sylvia!

C

Praise the gods!

finally the UFC heavys division will cease to resemble the WWF, and for once, being the best in the UFC could ACTUALLY mean being the best in the world (contrary to what Xyience would like Spike TV fans to think)

Oh shit!!! It’s on now!

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

America, meet your new hero. Get the highlight reels ready.[/quote]

I think I just wet myself.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

America, meet your new hero. Get the highlight reels ready.[/quote]

Possibly the best news of the year for all MMA fans. At 32 CroCop is in his prime as a fighter, and has years more of high kicking service left.

I appreciate the MMA coverage, Donut62. Are you a Sherdog forum member as well?

Now UFC commentators can use the phrase “world class striker” and have it be true.

[quote]Michael570 wrote:
Donut62 wrote:

America, meet your new hero. Get the highlight reels ready.

I think I just wet myself.[/quote]

So did Timmy

That is true…but for the love of god can you get that Goldberg idiot to stop saying “so you wanna be an ultimate fighter!!!”…the next best move that the UFC could make, after signing potentially the worlds greatest heavyweight mma fighter, would be to FIRE MIKE GOLDBERG.

I have watched fights in mute because that jackass’ “commentary” is so poor. I wonder who he blows to keep his job…maybe he is in possesion of the secret Dana White boxercise tape?

C

[quote]Creidem wrote:
That is true…but for the love of god can you get that Goldberg idiot to stop saying “so you wanna be an ultimate fighter!!!”…the next best move that the UFC could make, after signing potentially the worlds greatest heavyweight mma fighter, would be to FIRE MIKE GOLDBERG.

I have watched fights in mute because that jackass’ “commentary” is so poor. I wonder who he blows to keep his job…maybe he is in possesion of the secret Dana White boxercise tape?

C[/quote]

Sometimes when I watch a fight after I’ve Tivo’d it, the best thing is when there is a lull in the action and I fastforward it…then I can’t hear those assholes speaking…the only commentators I’ve enjoyed in a long time are Bas(I hate to joing the long list of guys hyping Bas as a commentator, but dammit he was just that good)

Tank Abbott as well (just a clown) Phil Baroni did a good job when he was filling in at Rumble on the Rock a few times, and Randy Couture does a stand up job as well

Sylvia will kick his ass.

that sucks that UFC will be taking away alot of good Pride fighters. I really enjoy Pride.

[quote]Mr ian wrote:
that sucks that UFC will be taking away alot of good Pride fighters. I really enjoy Pride. [/quote]

I agree. I wanted to see CroCop and Fedor fight again. Pride better not lose Fedor now.

I hope he destroys Sylvia.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Sylvia will kick his ass.[/quote]

Does anyone know/remember an article/interview where Tim discussed how he would beat each of Pride’s top heavy weights? All I recall is “Fedor is just a little shit…” or something to that effect.

I’m wondering what Timmy’s game plan will be for CroCop? Aside from sitting back and waiting till CroCop throws a punch or kick and countering…oh wait that likely is his game plan.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Sylvia will kick his ass.

Does anyone know/remember an article/interview where Tim discussed how he would beat each of Pride’s top heavy weights? All I recall is “Fedor is just a little shit…” or something to that effect.

I’m wondering what Timmy’s game plan will be for CroCop? Aside from sitting back and waiting till CroCop throws a punch or kick and countering…oh wait that likely is his game plan.[/quote]

CroCop will probably try to leg kick Sylvia and chop him down like a tree. It probably won’t take very many but he might leave himself open for some decent counterpunching.

You just never know.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
CroCop will probably try to leg kick Sylvia and chop him down like a tree. It probably won’t take very many but he might leave himself open for some decent counterpunching.

You just never know.

[/quote]

Stranger things have happened. Tim is the perfect kind of fighter for Mirko, though. He doesn’t press the pace and generally will let Mirko dictate the action. Right leg kicks, and that change-up left that can probably reach up to Timmy’s head. The only time Cro Cop was knocked out was by Randleman faking a shoot. Without a ground game Tim brings nothing that Mirko has to worry about.

I’m wondering if his left foot can reack Timmah’s head. Sylvia has terrible posture at 6’ 8", Mirko dropped Aleks with a LHK who was 6’ 6" and standing straight up.

I assume they are going to announce this on the NYE show. I’m just surprised they didn’t do it last night. You figure announcing the acquisition of a former policeman, counter-terrorism commando, champion kick boxer, and parliament senator would have went over well with the troops. If promoted right, Mirko has the language skills and back story to become a superstar here. This also fits into Dana’s plan to expand to Europe where Mirko is already a deity.

[quote]EmperialChina wrote:

I appreciate the MMA coverage, Donut62. Are you a Sherdog forum member as well?[/quote]

I have an account, but I almost never post because the MMA forum is a lost cause. It’s like sifting through a haystack, you go through 30 shit threads and then find one that is so good you have to come back again.