CRM Software

Long shot, I know.

I’m doing some consulting for a medical practice and the scope of the work has expanded to include marketing efforts. I know what the client wants, but have no idea of what type of CRM software is out there and what is can do.

Is there anyone here who’d be willing to field some questions from me?

TIA.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Long shot, I know.

I’m doing some consulting for a medical practice and the scope of the work has expanded to include marketing efforts. I know what the client wants, but have no idea of what type of CRM software is out there and what is can do.

Is there anyone here who’d be willing to field some questions from me?

TIA.[/quote]

I have some experience. Helped to evaulate some for businesses. Ask away. If you want, you can email me at the address in my hub.

Really depends upon what they want to accomplish. Stuff that does heavy lifting like SalesForce, Oracle, etc is expensive and requires in house staff. If they are looking to maintain regular contact via email, social media,etc with patients and prospective patients Constant Contact, MailChimp are inexpensive and easy to use.

It’s a small office, 5 doctors.

They want to keep track of what doctors are referring patients to them, how and when they’ve marketed to that doctor, and how did their patients choose that particular practice.

Currently, everything is in a spread sheet and looks something like:

“Dr. Smith sent us 4 patients on these dates. We sent him a packet introducing our practice and one follow up letter on such and such date” and “Patient Doe was referred to us by Dr. House…or maybe Yelp…we’re not sure because the question on the intake form is unclear.”

All the information is there, but you can’t do anything with it without going through and reading all the entries next to the drs. names or reading the entries next to each patients name.

ideally, they’d be able to easily answer questions such as: How many patients did Dr. Smith send us last year. How many patients found us on Yelp this month. Wow, we just received our third referral from patient johnson, let’s send them a quick note of appreciation.

That type of thing.

Salesforce is overkill and like every small business, cheaper is better, and free (or nominal cost) is best.

Thanks guys!

You could probably just use a pivot table in excel.

Something nicer than this, but should give you the general idea.

I’ve only been involved in large, corporate CRM implementations (mostly Dynamics and Salesforce).

However, I would recommend asking additional questions if you post similar pics.

I’ve worked w/ SalesForce for a couple years. It’s pretty much best in class, but probably overkill.

Some free options like Sugar and Zoho exist… they aren’t perfect, but the price is right.

Alternatively, a sweet spreadsheet with forms and visualizations should do the job or Access. Depends on where you’d like to grow professionally and your feel for the clients.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I think I’m going to go the spreadsheet route for now.

Unfortunately, the docs at the practice are completely spreadsheet illiterate but with some work I should be able to make something idiot-resistant.

I sent your summary off to a friend of mine that works for Constant Contact to get some input from him. I know they do some of what you are looking for. I know their stuff is cloud based and they provide coaching as part of the monthly service. Let’s see what he say.

[quote]rdcrdrvr wrote:
I sent your summary off to a friend of mine that works for Constant Contact to get some input from him. I know they do some of what you are looking for. I know their stuff is cloud based and they provide coaching as part of the monthly service. Let’s see what he say. [/quote]

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

THere’s always open source CRM solutions.

Interesting you brought this up man. I am currently struggling with salesforce because I do not believe it is applicable to our business.

Keep me in the loop on our other contact site

How much you charge to help us?