• Whey Protein - w/ 1/4 cup Carbo Gain 205 cal/30.5 carbs/1 fat/24 protein

2 PM

• Turkey Sandwich - 430 cal/29 carbs/15 fat/29 protein

4:30 PM (2 Hr Pre Workout)

• Tuna Fish Sandwich - 320 cal/36 carbs/3.4 fat/34 protein
  • 3 Reduced Fat Cheese Sticks - 180 cal/3 carbs/7.5 fat/24 protein
  • Whey Protein - 110 cal/2 carbs/1 fat/24 protein

8:30 PM (PWO)
1 1/2 Whey Protein with 3/8 cup Carbo Gain - 307.5 cal/38.25 carbs/1.5 fat/36 protein

9:30 PM

• 4 oz Chicken w/ bbq sauce - 147 cal/11.3 carbs/0.5 fat/23 protein

Total: 2633.5 Calories / 260.65 Carbs / 55.9 Fats / 262 Protein

Workout Schedule
Monday - Bi, Tris, Abs
Tuesday - Legs and Cardio
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Chest, Shoulders, Tris, Abs
Friday - Back, Calves, Bis, (Cardio depending on time)

Thursday and Friday Arms are all dependent on how my body feels before and during the workout, I avoid overtraining the muscles, but if I feel I can fit them in without overstressing my body, I will.

Current Body 5’6 154 Lbs <10% Body Fat
Target Weight 175 Lbs LEAN muscle LOW body fat.

Outside of the fact that I dont like your workout schedule at all (and id bet its probably not that great of a plan you got going on)

Here are my major concerns

2633 calories a day for someone going to the gym 4 days a week + cardio 2x a week seems WAY too low for a guy who needs to gain 20 + pounds

I notice you are eating absolutely 0 fruits and or vegetables. Pretty sure thats not a good thing

Also your fat intake is pretty low

Youre talking in the ballpark of 18-20% fat, which isnt exactly ideal.

I mean if you added a salad with fruit veges avacados evoo and maybe some grilled chicken (600-800 calories~). That would totally take your diet from meh, to pretty decent.

It definitely needs improvements, but its a solid base to work with

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:
Outside of the fact that I dont like your workout schedule at all (and id bet its probably not that great of a plan you got going on)

2633 calories a day for someone going to the gym 4 days a week + cardio 2x a week seems WAY too low for a guy who needs to gain 20 + pounds

I notice you are eating absolutely 0 fruits and or vegetables. Pretty sure thats not a good thing

I mean if you added a salad with fruit veges avacados evoo and maybe some grilled chicken (600-800 calories~). That would totally take your diet from meh, to pretty decent.

It definitely needs improvements, but its a solid base to work with[/quote]

My routine is straight from the HRT workout plan, Ie hellraiser. 8 Positive Reps + 6 Negatives x2 / 3 workouts per muscle group = Low weight, ego hurting low weight, but I’ve seen an increase in lean muscle. It has been shown to work for the people that are currently doing it, but I’m always interested in improving if you have any suggestions.

I take the animalpak multivitamins daily, but vegetables will probably come in play around dinner time.

Calories and Fats are easy to increase, especially with peanut butter.

I can pull carbogain and replace it with fruits for my carbs, at the same time increase calories, the 1/4 cup can easily be replaced with a banana that increases calories, maintain carbs, and adds just a little bit of protein.

Appreciate the advice!

[quote]Karuza wrote:

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

My routine is straight from the HRT workout plan, Ie hellraiser. 8 Positive Reps + 6 Negatives x2 / 3 workouts per muscle group = Low weight, ego hurting low weight, but I’ve seen an increase in lean muscle. It has been shown to work for the people that are currently doing it, but I’m always interested in improving if you have any suggestions.

I take the animalpak multivitamins daily, but vegetables will probably come in play around dinner time.

I can pull carbogain and replace it with fruits for my carbs, at the same time increase calories, the 1/4 cup can easily be replaced with a banana that increases calories, maintain carbs, and adds just a little bit of protein.

Appreciate the advice![/quote]

Long as youre doing a legit plan, I see someone hitting each muscle group 1x a week, with more time dedicating to arms than anything (2x for arms, 1x for pretty much everything else) thats usually a red flag. But if its working and youre doing squats/deads etc then alrighty.

I mean if you got carbogain nothing wrong with using it (i use it pwo).

But yeah few changes and youre on the right track

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

[quote]Karuza wrote:

[quote]dcm1602 wrote:

Appreciate the advice![/quote]

Long as youre doing a legit plan, I see someone hitting each muscle group 1x a week, with more time dedicating to arms than anything (2x for arms, 1x for pretty much everything else) thats usually a red flag. But if its working and youre doing squats/deads etc then alrighty.

I mean if you got carbogain nothing wrong with using it (i use it pwo).

But yeah few changes and youre on the right track[/quote]

When I do arms on Thursday and Friday, its usually one workout with 2 sets, typically dips Thursday and Dumbell Curls Friday, something to give my arms that little extra pump from the workouts earlier, but also work the same muscle groups I worked out earlier that session.

I’ll definitely fiddle with it and try to get more calories and a bit more fats, I’m not trying to bulk super fast, just trying to gain lean muscle.