Critiquing my Crossfit Program

[quote]nkklllll wrote:
As someone who works primarily with pulls because of a chronic injury, I’ve probably my pull-full lift ratio is probably somewhere in the 3-4:1 range. I focus on making sure that my pulls look just like my snatches and its definitely transferred over. I have hit PRs in both hang and power snatch, and hang clean. [/quote]

Do you usually pull of blocks or off the floor? Also have u noticed any transfer to your full lifts?

I pull off blocks (chronic knee injury so the less kneed flexion involved the better). Haven’t performed a full snatch or clean in a cou couple months, but I’ve hit PRs in both hang and power variations.

the better I get at weightlifting, the easier crossfit wod’s become

so much so that I’m not even going to do them anymore. I’m once again going full throttle Olympic weightlifting. I see Klokov just blasting away people’s times snatch / power snatch wod’s… but obviously he’s a bit of a freak

aaand the 'ol T-Nation repping from today: Redirecting...

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

so much so that I’m not even going to do them anymore. I’m once again going full throttle Olympic weightlifting. I see Klokov just blasting away people’s times snatch / power snatch wod’s… but obviously he’s a bit of a freak

Do you think the program that I posted above is a good way to bring up my strength in the constituent parts of the olympic lifts while still working on my technique for the lifts as a whole?

[quote]cghiassi5 wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Do you think the program that I posted above is a good way to bring up my strength in the constituent parts of the olympic lifts while still working on my technique for the lifts as a whole?[/quote]

eh, I don’t like a few things. Going for a 5 RM on an overhead squat? Fuck that noise, shit’s stupid. All of your overhead squats should come from whatever snatch-type variation you are doing… hang snatch, snatch, snatch balance, whatever.

have you looked into the outlaw way, OPT blog (being or will WODs), or crossfit invictus (competition WODs)?

or deep barbell performance (spencer arnold)

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]cghiassi5 wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Do you think the program that I posted above is a good way to bring up my strength in the constituent parts of the olympic lifts while still working on my technique for the lifts as a whole?[/quote]

eh, I don’t like a few things. Going for a 5 RM on an overhead squat? Fuck that noise, shit’s stupid. All of your overhead squats should come from whatever snatch-type variation you are doing… hang snatch, snatch, snatch balance, whatever.

have you looked into the outlaw way, OPT blog (being or will WODs), or crossfit invictus (competition WODs)?[/quote]

I wanted to include overhead squats just because they come up a ton in crossfit competition and I just wanted to make sure I get comfortable with the position. I checked out the other competition WOD’s but the only thing is that they include a ton of work using the full olympic lifts. I’m really trying to focus on my strength #'s and bringing up my technique in the o-lifts, not so much my actual numbers in the o-lifts yet. With that being said, do u still think i’d be better off with one of those programs?

You’ll get plenty comfortable in an overhead position by doing snatches. You don’t need to train the OHS in all honesty. If you really want practice with overhead squats, include them in your WODs/warm-ups.