Critique This Nutrition Log Please!

I’m aware that I’m not Peter, but to answer your question, any and all (natural) nut butters and regular nuts, eggs, avocado, coconut, olive oil.

Is granola healthy in general for breakfast?

No. granola generally has a good deal of added sugar to it, even as much as a candy bar sometimes. look for weight control oatmeal if you want a similar product without the added sugar

[quote]nikoV wrote:
I’m aware that I’m not Peter, but to answer your question, any and all (natural) nut butters and regular nuts, eggs, avocado, coconut, olive oil. [/quote]

Good answer. Also fattier cuts of quality meat like chicken legs, lean beef instead of extra lean, side ribs, and a good butcher’s homemade bacon occasionally.

As for the oatmeal, I just use thick rolled oats and add 5-7g brown sugar per half cup of oats (sometimes I eat it without). This is one of my two deviations from no sugar (outside cheat meals). I also add some salt to most my meals since without my intake is 800-1200mg (depends on whether I eat eggs or not). Cinnamon and a hint of cloves go nice too. In whole milk, though you could use protein shake too.

I think its more the lack of variety in your carb sources that concerns me. That bread itself is still mostly wheat and related grains. Sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa, oats are good choices if you have no issues with them, save the bread for meals on the go where convenience is paramount.

check this out:

I would sum it up/bastardize it as:

1. Quality animal protein with each meal, in your case 40-60g depending on how many times you eat.

2. Veggies, particularly broccoli and spinach, or at the very least fruit, but try to eat at least 2 decent veggie containing meals. About a half pound of broccoli in a covered bowl nuked for 4.5-6 min (depends on bowl size) season with salt and pepper and a pat of butter or a quarter pound of spinach stir-fried in a pan with butter or olive oil on medium heat for a few minutes until it reduces to a fifth of its original size and turns darker green, a little salt and garlic powder go nice.

3. Eat some carbs and fat as talked about above.

You may need to add salt to your clean meals. No need to go overboard, but a little bit goes a long way to making your food palatable.

Feel free to PM me if you want, I can call you to discus. As I stated before this is free and not an upsell, in fact I will refuse to work with you as a client, but if you show the same potential for learning you have thus far I will be more than glad to consult.

Here’s a great article on fat from John Meadows