Critique Sought for Prospective Program

Greetings, I joined a long time ago but really think I might start viewing and posting more frequently.

I am a smidgeon past 40 years of age and have had a reaggravation of a hamstring strain this past spring. I have been to a MD physio and am taking an antiinflammatory/analgesic when needed and reminded to take it easy.

I have been told last year by a different doctor that my goal of eventually reaching a deadlift of 500lbs is attainable and that occasional tweaks shouldn’t be too discouraging so long as I lay low with the weights for the shorter term.

Ok, I am doing a program that is fine, mostly 4 sets of 7 and squats and deadlifts on separate days for a 5 X 5 each.

I am thinking ahead to what I might do in several weeks when I wrap this up, rest, and start something different. My idea is this:

A 5 % routine.

Day 1
split squats 4 sets of 4-6
BB shoulder press 3 sets of 6-8

Day 2
DB chest press 4 sets of 5, on a 5% progression down to 3 reps per set.
DB incline press 3 sets of 6-8
close grip bench press 3 sets of 6-8

Day 3
deadlift 4 sets of 5 on a 5% progression.
BB bent rows 3 sets of 6-8
rear delts 3 sets of 6-8
DB hammer curls

So a day1offday2offday3offoff schedule. 2 or 3 minutes between sets. I have never done split squats and just read on another part of this site to include single leg work, as the stabilizing requirement is beneficial. I didn’t therefore make them on a low rep 5 % type of thingy, as I will have to learn them. Does this type of squat require too much breaking by the hamstrings?

Input will be appreciated.