Critique Routine Please

Hello everyone I am a new poster here looking for some advice. I am a college student (19 years old) and I am 6’5 205 right now. I just finished a weight loss program with the help of Shelby Starnes and now I am looking to bulk. He is doing my diet so I know that, that is perfect.

However, I would like for you guys to please look over my weight lifting program and tell me if you think it is good for a intermediate-beginner. (I would ask Shelby, but he is diet only). I tend to do more DB work than BB because I just recently tore my left labrum in my shoulder (~7 months ago)

Monday: Chest/ Tricep
Bench Press 5x8-10
DB Bench Press 4x8
DB Incline Bench 4x6
DB Flys 3x10
Skullcrusher 3x10
Rope Pulldown 4x8

Tuesday: Legs
Squat 5x10
Leg Press 4x8
Leg Ext 3x10
Ham Curl 3x10
Donkey Raises: 3x20

Wednesday: Shoulders
OHP 5x10
DB Seated Military Press 4x8
Lateral Raise 3x10
Front Raise 3x10

Thursday: Back/Bicep
(warm up) Pullups as many as I can get in 5 minutes
Deadlift 5x10
DB Row 4x8
Cable Row 3x10
Concentration Curl 3x10
Preacher Curl 3x10

Friday: Chest/Arms

Bench Press 5x8-10
DB Bench Press 4x8
DB Incline Bench 4x6
DB Flys 3x10
Skullcrusher 3x10
Rope Pulldown 4x8
Conc Curl 4x10
Preacher Curl 3x10

Saturday: Legs

Squat 5x10
Leg Press 4x8
Leg Ext 3x10
Ham Curl 3x10
Donkey Raises: 3x20

Sunday: Back/Shoulder

OHP 5x10
DB Seated Military Press 4x8
Pullups as many as I can get in 5 minutes
Deadlift 5x10
DB Row 4x8
Cable Row 3x10

I like to train 7x a week because when I’m done with all my school work/studying there really isn’t much for me to do besides party, which I’m not that big on. I have heard that if your diet is in check and you’re sleeping 8+ hours a night, there’s no reason why you can’t train everyday. If I’m wrong please, speak up. Thank you all in advance for taking the time to look this over.
-Doober

Only thing I see weird honestly is why do over head and then military press its essentially if not exactly the same movement.

Just a question, not a criticism or suggestion or anything like that. Why are you doing pulldowns after skullcrushers? I ask because many people around here suggest doing them the other way around.

That’s a ton of volume, just be sure you can handle it.

Personally, I would try to have some sort of weight progression built into your main lifts. Strength is important, even if it’s not your main focus.

Your routine looks really bad. Shoulders the day before Chest? How do you even perform.

Arms 2 days in a row as well?(Back/Bicep->Chest/Arms)?

Also you may eventually find yourself injured doing chest the day after back,because the back is such an imperative stabilizer; if it is weakened, some real bad stuff can happen while benching.

The volume is incredible. I suppose if you’re going to the gym to avoid getting drunk this is it, but you’re going to have a hard time seeing any tangible gains this way. When do you allow for recovery? Doing any cardio?

Why don’t you read up on some hypertrophy programs/articles on this site I think you’ll find that you can ‘create’ or mimic something a little more efficient than this.

As long as your staying around your 60-70% and not going heavy alot, this program should be fine for bulking

but if your looking for strength gains as well, this isnt the routine for you

[quote]shibboleth wrote:
The volume is incredible. I suppose if you’re going to the gym to avoid getting drunk this is it, but you’re going to have a hard time seeing any tangible gains this way. When do you allow for recovery? Doing any cardio?

Why don’t you read up on some hypertrophy programs/articles on this site I think you’ll find that you can ‘create’ or mimic something a little more efficient than this.

[/quote]

Do you think maybe I should just do a 4 day split?
Mon: Chest/Tri
Tues:Legs
Wed: Cardio
Thurs: Back/Bi
Friday: Shoulders
Sat: Cardio

[quote]shibboleth wrote:

[/quote]

Recovery wise I get 8+ hours of sleep a night and eat 7-8 meals a day always hitting my macros.
Cardio I do on Weds/Saturdays

I don’t know much about bodybuilding,but an amazing powerlifting routine:

Mon- SQUAT (Quad/Ham Emphasis)
Tue- BENCH (Chest/Bi Emphasis)
Thu- DLIFT (Back/Tri Emphasis)
Sat- PRESS (Shoulder Emphasis)

Very simple, no overtraining, and you can do plenty of volume after each of the main lifts.

Why not a push/pull/legs split 2x a week if you want to train that often.

Example:

M: Lats/upprback/biceps.
T: Quads/hams/calves.
W: Chest/delts/triceps.
T: Off/light cardio.
F: Lats/upperback/biceps.
S: Quads/hams/calves.
S: Chest/delts/triceps.
M: Off/light cardio.
Etc.

Do 1-2 excercises pr muscle group pr session and if you like you can have two different pull/push/legs sessions.

Example:

Leg day1: ( quad emphasis )
Pull day1: ( Lat emphasis )
Push day1: ( Chest emphasis )
Leg day2: ( hamstring/hip emphasis )
Pull day2: ( Upperback emphasis )
Push day2: ( shoulder/OHpress emphasis )

Atleast your muscles get a bit more recovery doing it like this, but offcourse the volume is still rather high, so I hope your nutrition and sleeping pattern are solid.

Okay, Thank you guys for your help!