Critique My Workout

Hey all. i just got back into lifting after blowing out my knee a while back. im looking to gain as much size as possible. im 21 5’10 and 175 lbs. im eating my 175 grams of protien a day. i dont know my caloric intake.
id appresiate it if some of the more experianced guys would criutue my work out.

Day 1
Squat 4x10 205 lbs
Quad ext. 3x10 80 lbs.
Bench 3x10 135
DB flys 3x8 30 lbs
DB Military press 3x10 35 lbs
Side raise. 3x8 20lbs

Day 2
Dead lift 3x8 135lbs
Romainian DL 3x8 135lbs
BB back rows 3x8 115lbs
Back flys 3x8 20lbs
Lat pulldown 3x8 120lbs
incline hammer curl 3x8 20 lbs.

Rest day 3
Repeat.

I have a home gym with a squat rack bench lat pull down. as well as a preacher curl attachment and quad extention.
any advice yall could give me would be appresiated.

Thanks

Italianadonis18

not the greatest IMO but not the worst. Why not three day split?? push pull legs. there is a HUGE carry over in squat and DL and the DL’s are going to suffer. Do push/rest/pull/rest/legs/rest/rest.

or if you must thorw an extra day for arms ect in the day after legs. but remember you grow outside the gym.Youll also need to eat for it.

If sticking to this I would push all the icing stuff the isolations to last and devote the time and energy to the BIG movments.

Hope that helps,
Phill

yeah ive accually been feeling the squats and DLs on different days to be counter productive. made my back hurt a little so im takeing a few days off to let it rest up.
my goal is to gain as much mass as possible. and then cut it down. so is direct arm work really nessisary? or can i properly work out my arms and cheast with out them?

Well you can do DL and sqaut different days most do just not back to back alternate them on day do Sqaut and then RDL, next leg day DL then Front squat or something of the sort.

Arm work, touchy sublect yes you will work them without isloation, should can you add them Sure Id do the tris on pressing day and bis on pulling day at the end.

Too much isolation work

[quote]Konstantine wrote:
Too much isolation work[/quote]

my current program has too much isolation? what lifts do you suggest to correct it?

[quote]Phill wrote:
Well you can do DL and sqaut different days most do just not back to back alternate them on day do Sqaut and then RDL, next leg day DL then Front squat or something of the sort.

Arm work, touchy sublect yes you will work them without isloation, should can you add them Sure Id do the tris on pressing day and bis on pulling day at the end.

[/quote]
thanks man. main problem is that im a waiter and am constantaly on the run. my trying to balance eating as much as possible with a very hectic work schedule. im afraid to over train. but im also afraid to undertrain.

Try reading Customized Volume training by Mike Mahler… I group exercises like this…

squats bench rows
deadlits military press pullups

[quote]Konstantine wrote:
Try reading Customized Volume training by Mike Mahler… I group exercises like this…

squats bench rows
deadlits military press pullups[/quote]

hmm this program seams very interesting.

anyone want to post there experience with it? also i dont have anyone to give me a spot when im trying to find my max. anyone know of another way to find out if im perdominatly fast twitch or slow twitch so i can start this program.

[quote]Italianadonis18 wrote:
Konstantine wrote:

squats bench rows
deadlits military press pullups

hmm this program seams very interesting.

anyone want to post there experience with it? also i dont have anyone to give me a spot when im trying to find my max. anyone know of another way to find out if im perdominatly fast twitch or slow twitch so i can start this program.[/quote]

When I first started working out with my uncle a couple years ago, we did mostly isolation work. It was alright, didn’t really see too many gains though.

Now I’m doing compound excercises almost exclusive, and I love it. It’s easier for my home setup (I have a barbell and a power rack with a chinning bar), takes less time, I can move more weight, and it’s more balanced/natural than trying to isolate every muscle specifically. I wouldn’t worry about doing any direct arm work, my arms have made great gains from compound work alone, but if you ever feel any part of you is lagging, you can always add in some good accessory excercises.

Another big factor in making good gains, is of course, eating big.

with the customized volume traingin. anyone know a way to find out if im predomintaly fast twitch or slow twitch other than useing my max. i dont have anyone to spot me so i am weary of trying to find my max alone.
thanks