Critique My Workout Nutrition

20 mins before workout- 1 med. apple 1 scoop whey casien blend

During workout/finished at the end- 2 servings powdered gatorade (main ingredients sucrose and dextrose) and 1 scoop whey casein blend 20g protein

Post workout (30-60 mins after) 1/2-1 cup (dry measure) oats with 1-1/2 scoop whey. I use more oats on max effort lower body days.

Tell me what ya think. Am I getting the right types of nutrients around my workout?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I would personally try to get the nutrients from “whole” foods rather than just protein powder. Eat a meal post workout consisting of some type of meat rather than just drinking more whey. Also I’d ingest more carbs pre-workout. Hope this helps

Just get a feed bag and eat your oats while you are working out.

Must get MOAR energiez!

Nothing “wrong” with this approach. Pretty basic - has carbs and good protein. Just depends on your goals and budget. You can sure manage to spend a lot more money though if you were man enough to up the ante. J/k looks fine to me. I would actually consider front loading more carbs regardless of your goal. Starches sugars and fructose to boost insulin, control cortisol and fuel your workouts.

The Anaconda protocol (if it weren’t as expensive) would have a lot more positive feedback. Actually very few ppl that try it are unsatisfied. I digress, but the point is that you can look at the timing and quantity (and type) of macronutrients there and try to manipulate your strategy based on that.

What is your budget, there are stuff you can change for sure but what will depend on how much ur willing to spend

[quote]hemmingmatt wrote:

The Anaconda protocol (if it weren’t as expensive) would have a lot more positive feedback. Actually very few ppl that try it are unsatisfied. I digress, but the point is that you can look at the timing and quantity (and type) of macronutrients there and try to manipulate your strategy based on that.[/quote]

This. I tried reproducing it myself with bulk products to cut the cost and while what I used works/worked it had a lot of downside that Anaconda/MAG-10 dont and in the end I wasnt saving that much $$

[quote]zraw wrote:
What is your budget, there are stuff you can change for sure but what will depend on how much ur willing to spend[/quote]

I don’t have much of a budget, I’m 15 years old, I’m lucky enough that I can buy protein powder every few weeks lol

[quote]jaker51 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:
What is your budget, there are stuff you can change for sure but what will depend on how much ur willing to spend[/quote]

I don’t have much of a budget, I’m 15 years old, I’m lucky enough that I can buy protein powder every few weeks lol[/quote]

In that case all I would suggest is to maybe try and get some bcaa instead of whey/casein blend intra workout

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]jaker51 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

I don’t have much of a budget, I’m 15 years old, I’m lucky enough that I can buy protein powder every few weeks lol[/quote]

In that case all I would suggest is to maybe try and get some bcaa instead of whey/casein blend intra workout[/quote]
15 year olds have no business taking bcaas.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]jaker51 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

In that case all I would suggest is to maybe try and get some bcaa instead of whey/casein blend intra workout[/quote]
15 year olds have no business taking bcaas.[/quote]

Lol. But protein powder is ok? Plz explain logic

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]jaker51 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

Cause you do realize leucine isoleucine and valine are all amino acids that are in every whey powder amino acid profile…?

But im curious to see reasoning so plz go ahead

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]jaker51 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

is this a joke?

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]jaker51 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

Lol. But protein powder is ok? Plz explain logic[/quote]
BCAAs are ridiculously expensive for what they are (in UK anyway). 15 year old IMO should be taking MINIMAL supplements if any at all. Maybe some protein powder and fish oils. I am assuming 15 year old is noob with tight budgets BTW.

EDIT: And this is just my opinion I don’t really care if it makes sense to anyone else, it makes sense to me :stuck_out_tongue: :
Protein powder is ok because, whey in particular is one of the cheapest sources of protein availble as well as being one of the highest quality profile wise.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]hemmingmatt wrote:

The Anaconda protocol (if it weren’t as expensive) would have a lot more positive feedback. Actually very few ppl that try it are unsatisfied. I digress, but the point is that you can look at the timing and quantity (and type) of macronutrients there and try to manipulate your strategy based on that.[/quote]

This. I tried reproducing it myself with bulk products to cut the cost and while what I used works/worked it had a lot of downside that Anaconda/MAG-10 dont and in the end I wasnt saving that much $$[/quote]

This is one of the strongest Biotest endorsements I’ve ever seen.

Reminds me of the (few) companies that say: “go check out the competition. we’ll wait. you’ll be back.”