Critique My Template

I guys Been in a rut with my training lately training 4 days a week, benching twice, squatting twice, & deadlifting twice, with a lot of accessory work. I have been feeling a little beat up and fatigued. So i really wanted to give 531 a go i like the idea of using 90% of your 1rm max and building back up. I downloaded the book 531 & beyond from amazon and got to say i really like Jim’s approach to training a real good read.

Is this a good template? or is there to many joker sets… Also can you use a trap bar instead of conventional as im not a powerlifter, i have had a few lower back problems.

BENCH 531 JOKER SETS
OHP FSL SUPER SETTED WITH ROW 3X8
SHRUGS-BIS SUPER SETTED 3X12

SQUAT 531 JOKER SETS FSL AMRAP
CHINS & TRIS SUPER SETTED 3X12
HYPER EX & ABS SUPER SETTED 3X12

OHP 531 JOKER SETS
BENCH FSL SUPER SETTED WITH PENLEY ROW 3X8
SHRUGS& BI’S SUPPER SETTED 3X12

DEADLIFT 531 JOKER SETS
CHINS & TRI’S SUPPER SETTED 3X12
HYPER EX &N ABS SUPPER SETTED 3X12

You may be rushing into jokers a bit too quickly, especially if you’ve been feeling fatigued lately. Pendlay rows the day before deadlifting? I think you’re be better off picking a basic template.

Yer i think your right about the Joker sets mite throw them in on the 3+ or 1+ weeks instead of every week. Penley rows are not as taxing on my lower back as conventional rows but i can see what your saying about them the day before deadlifting

You may want to look into the 531 powerlifting template. I know you’re not a powerlifter, but it has you doing heavy singles on the 3’s and 1’s week if I’m not mistaken. If you’re really hell-bent on doing jokers at this point, from my rudimentary experience I’d still advise not SCHEDULING them, rather only doing them on days when everything is going right and your working sets feel more like warm-ups.

Typically, one-arm row variations are used in the 531 4-day set-ups to preserve the lower back, though I’ve found that even heavy one-arm rowing negatively impacts my deadlifts if done the day after. beyond 10 reps/set though I don’t seem to have that issue.

Sound advice!! think i mite change it to 3 day a week im 40yo in 3 months so less is probably best need some think thats goning activate me not fatigue me. And like you said throw some jokers in when i feel good.

Mon
Bench 531 fsl amrap
Db rows

weds
Squat 531 fsl amrap
abs & hypers

fri
Dead Lift 531
Ohp 531 fsl amrap
chins

This template seems much better.Sometimes less is more.

True that!!

id use the jokers and fsl on days you feel good days you feel like shit just hit the bare minimum. just returned to 5/3/1 myself. still hitting each lift 2x a week as well