Critique My Squat

Please critique my squat from the video I made. How is the form? What do I have to work on and how?

This was the last set of 5x5 with about 360 lbs. - YouTube

Afterwards I ate the “bolivia bug”.

Link no workie.

Like-e work fine-e for me-e!

My observations…

-unracking… you step too far back to quickly and look fairly unstable.

-set up… you’re shifting around alot. That’s just wasted energy

-depth… perfect

-form… you’re back appears to round out slightly in the bottom position. You probably jsut aren’t staying tight enough.

-belt usage… where is it??? fantastic work to be squating that weight with no belt for sets of 5. Keep up the good work.

Depth looks good but it looks like you may be losing your arch in the hole. It’s hard to tell from the angle, but you seem to have a narrower stance than most who choose to use Chucks to squat in. You’re also squatting down more than back, and you’re hips are rising out of the hole first. All in all, your squat looks a lot more like the IPF crowd (who largely wear heeled shoes and squat narrower) than it does the Westside-style squatting.

I would arch harder and keep your chest up. Nice job.

Looks like you head and eyes drop in the hole. Perhaps leading to the loss of your arch in the hole.

Yes, I do the same thing at the bottom of my squat! Coming out of the bottom, my butt tends to rise first and I lose a little of my arch. What causes that? How can I correct it? Is that a weakness in glute/hammie strength? Thanks for any help.

[quote]beans wrote:
Yes, I do the same thing at the bottom of my squat! Coming out of the bottom, my butt tends to rise first and I lose a little of my arch. What causes that? How can I correct it? Is that a weakness in glute/hammie strength? Thanks for any help.[/quote]

Good mornings. Worked like hell for me. I quit squats and replaced them with good mornings for 4 weeks (keeping other PC and leg work steady) and when i started squatting again my form was very stable in the hole and coming out of it. Also my squat weight went up even though I hadn’t done any in 4 weeks, i think because of the fact that i could stabilize more with my ass/back/core.

-chris