Critique my Split Routine

Would something like:

Day 1: Chest

Flat dumbbell bench
Decline Bench
Dumbell Flies
Pec Deck

Day 2: Legs

Squats (front or back, I switch it up every 4 to 6 weeks)
Dumbell Lunges
Leg Curls
Extensions
Claf raises (4x12)

Day 3: Arms

Dips
Preacher curls
Skull Crushers
Reverse Curl
Hammer curl

Day 4: Back and Shoulders

Deadlift
Pull ups
Krok rows
Pull downs
Reverse fly
Shrugs

look better? I spend probably 1 to 1.5 hours in the gym right now which I am fine with.... I can see what you guys are saying about back / shoulder and chest day so i edited out a few lifts...

I dont want to do a chest/bi and back/tri thing since I dont feel I hit either adequately enough when i do that... I like this split but I need some input in terms of moving/adding/subtracting lifts.... unless someone wants to tell me DC is the way to go...

Well, 75 reps of bench pressing seems like way too much. Lagging or not, I would drop one variation at least.

I would add in some more hamstring/lower back work, like weighted back extensions, pull throughs etc

And calves - 4 sets a week?

For traps I find something like hang cleans and presses work good. They probably won’t get massive by adding some shrugs at the end of a workout.

For me personally, I would probably replace the decline bench with dips and add skull crushers and make that a chest/tri day and either move the shoulders to bicep day. Or move biceps to back day, and give shoulders their own day and do something like traps/shoulders.

Overall, if every exercise is 5x5 thats way too much volume per workout imo. I think you might be better off just doing a program written by one of the coaches here.

forgot to add lat pulldowns on back day…

Also, on the calves, I actually end up doing them 2 times or more a week with the 4x12 I just pick a day where they feel rested and go from there… I dont schedule the second day right now cause I never now how they are going to feel…

more suggestions are always appreciated…

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
I think you might be better off just doing a program written by one of the coaches here.[/quote]

maybe its just time to try DC…

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
The bigger lifts I warm up with stretching and a set or two of lighter warmup lifts. * Unless otherwise noted the lifts are done in a 5x5 with increasing weight each set, on the last set i try to set a new pr every other weekout…

Day 1: Chest

Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Decline Bench
Dubell Flies
Pec Deck

Day 2: Legs

Squats (front or back, I switch it up every 4 to 6 weeks)
Dumbell Lunges
Dumbell Step up and drive
Leg Curls
Extensions
Claf raises (4x12)

Day 3: Arms

Dips
Preacher curls
Skull Crushers
Reverse Curl
Hammer curl

Day 4: Back and Shoulders

Deadlift
Pull ups
Bent over rows
Krok rows
Pull downs
Shoulder press
Reverse fly
Shrugs

I am somewhat happy with my squat and deadlift, however, my bench sucks (why I do so much work on it now). Also, any suggestions you have to help my upper back would be great. I really want to get a solid V tapper and massive lats / traps so please help !!

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

-Ratchet-[/quote]

Too much.

Definitely too much. Chest and back/shoulder day look like a cluster f*ck. I would pick one of Thibs’ programs or somthing else from one of the coaches here. How long are you spending in the gym?