Critique My Split and Nutrition

That’s why on the big lifts, you take a 120s break between sets. The assistance work, isolations and supersets utilize a shorter period with the emphasis on pump and failure.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the clarification. Would it be ok to do an already designed ab/core routine? I was thinking incould add it in on my chest day and arms day.

If so I’ll start looking up plans because my core is very weak

I don’t see any harm in doing an extra ab routine as long as you don’t murder your abs right before a lower body workout.

1 Like

For awhile I was doing the following, every other day:

3 x 10-12 leg lifts
3 x 10-12 weighted crunch machine
3 x 20-30 v- up swingovers with medicine ball
3x 8-10 leg lifts

On other forums people said this was a good routine. I saw results. But I’ve also read on tnation that people get enough core work from doing deadliftd and squats, so I was going to reduce this… however, for someone with a severe lacking in overall ab and oblique size, woukd you recommend i stick with what i listed above? Id also do some oblique work here and there

it worries me that you’re posting for help in the beginner forum and asking for help with AAS in the pharma subforum…

Don’t be, I’m just trying to get this right. I’m not on any test cycles, or any other more abusive substanc es.

I know a few things about some peptides and dnp as I’ve done them both for a couple cycles . That’s all I know about that side of bodybuilding. Also done loads of research on a test E cycle… but decided against it until I’m not a " beginner" anymore. I am doing a 4 week cycle of ghrp6 and cjc with dac, currently. Mainly for joints as my wrists have chipped bones.

Ditch all of those ab movements and do use an ab wheel and do cable crunches both once a week. Do both with enough added resistance to keep the reps between 8-12 and they’ll grow.

1 Like

With kindness, I say this is a god-awful routine for ordinary, non-drug-aided people.

You need another type of program altogether, and considering you might be lifting for some time and not be a beginner in a chronological sense, you are a noob in a technical sense.

How tall are you? If you are 190 pounds at 20% body fat, then you are not sporting a lot of muscle, which relates to my statement of you being a noob.

Seriously, start your whole darn whole training thing all over again. Go back to a basic full body program, learn the lifts with good form all over again, and progress with your weights and reps. Then move onto a lower-upper or A-B split of some type for three or four times per week, with mostly compound lifts, some bodyweight lifts, single-leg lifts, and necessary isolation exercises and focus on beating your reps and weight over and over again, for as much as your body will allow for a stretch.

Use canned upper-lower routines if you must:
Paul Carter’s 350 method
Candito’s Bodybuilding-Strength program
Lyle McDonald’s Generic Bulking
5/3/1 (not really a purely size gaining routine)
PHUL
Doggcrap…
… and so on.

It might be a long time til you need a friggin’ seven-exercise arm day or to even think of the word super-set.

Take it from an ordinary guy like myself.

Thanks for the input Brickhead and related workout routine names. I’ve been logging my workouts and do see improvement after 3 weeks and I am about to up the weights for most every lift though.

Gosh this is confusing on what advice to take or do. I will say that I am a noob, I’m 6’ 2", very broad shoulders and smaller waist, Chronologically I am not a noob I would say.

Back when I first started lifting I didn’t really follow a routine, but had an upper/lower a-b split… Mostly skipped leg day, but I saw a lot of results

It might seem like that, but it’s actually not.

I don’t say the following to be a wiseass.

You are gonna up the weight on up to seven arm exercises and five chest exercises? Dude, think of that amount of exercises and the low frequency you train your muscles. What kind of focus or ability do you have by your fifth chest exercise?!

Are these six sets a piece actually high-quality sets?

The only day you have that makes any sense to me is your leg day because not much more is needed to hit the lower body when you perform deadlifts and squats in the same day. You might not even have to perform leg extensions at the moment.

How often do you repeat this three day split cycle?

Wait, are you discussing my plan I posted in the original first post, or the one I posted after furious shared a link to some good workouts?

I switched to a 4 day a week plan, it is better than my original posted routine

Alright so it looks like my lifts are all slowing down , drop weight 15% and go up in reps?

Eat more, sleep more, drink more than a gallon of water a day, and sip some bcaas.

Do you have one on one time with your muscles, you know that special mind muscle connection. Do you wake up and make your dear sweet muscles breakfast in bed?

Jokes aside in body building the weight on the bar isn’t as important as seeing the results. By that I mean are you squeezing the muscle, do your reps last long enough to really feel a burn, to create that God like pump. If you get to the end of the set and you got more in the tank do you follow the CT bible and think to yourself “one more rep till greatness, grow mother trucker grow”?

It’s a mental game as well, if you don’t know it, your muscle won’t grow it.

P.S: I’m guessing your hormones are all over the place since like you said your sit at a desk 10 hours a day, that’d kill my lower back, create tight hamstrings, give you some wicked bad wrist arthritis, and that hunched over shoulder/neck problem. Get a standing desk if you can.

Move on to something like 5/3/1 triumvirate or this…

Alright will consider… does anyone know a appetite “enhancer”? I think my stall may be caused by my recently prescribed adhd meds. It’s been absolutely killing my appetite.

Hey, completely off topic, but, are these a change in meds or is the whole ADHD thing new to you (diagnosed two weeks ago, see my neuro in a few to start meds).

a good digestive enzyme with HCL.

Also the 10x3 days in that waterbury program will make you pretty damn hungry

Well great, now I broke my collarbone. F life man. I gained 10 pounds, lifts went up… now I can’t eat enough or let alone to a push up

How? Lifting? How did you break your collarbone lifting if that’s how it happened that is.

No it was motorcycling. Bike is in decent shape, about a 50mph fall from the real wheel spinning out on me