Critique My Split and Nutrition

Alright so it looks like my lifts are all slowing down , drop weight 15% and go up in reps?

Eat more, sleep more, drink more than a gallon of water a day, and sip some bcaas.

Do you have one on one time with your muscles, you know that special mind muscle connection. Do you wake up and make your dear sweet muscles breakfast in bed?

Jokes aside in body building the weight on the bar isn’t as important as seeing the results. By that I mean are you squeezing the muscle, do your reps last long enough to really feel a burn, to create that God like pump. If you get to the end of the set and you got more in the tank do you follow the CT bible and think to yourself “one more rep till greatness, grow mother trucker grow”?

It’s a mental game as well, if you don’t know it, your muscle won’t grow it.

P.S: I’m guessing your hormones are all over the place since like you said your sit at a desk 10 hours a day, that’d kill my lower back, create tight hamstrings, give you some wicked bad wrist arthritis, and that hunched over shoulder/neck problem. Get a standing desk if you can.

Move on to something like 5/3/1 triumvirate or this…

Alright will consider… does anyone know a appetite “enhancer”? I think my stall may be caused by my recently prescribed adhd meds. It’s been absolutely killing my appetite.

Hey, completely off topic, but, are these a change in meds or is the whole ADHD thing new to you (diagnosed two weeks ago, see my neuro in a few to start meds).

a good digestive enzyme with HCL.

Also the 10x3 days in that waterbury program will make you pretty damn hungry

Well great, now I broke my collarbone. F life man. I gained 10 pounds, lifts went up… now I can’t eat enough or let alone to a push up

How? Lifting? How did you break your collarbone lifting if that’s how it happened that is.

No it was motorcycling. Bike is in decent shape, about a 50mph fall from the real wheel spinning out on me

Double post, but wouldn’t my bone healing benefit from a ghrp 6 and cjc cycle? I did a 4 week cycle once and made me feel 5 years younger

Ok so I’ve been doing a workout split listed above that you all helped me pick out.

I’m starting to be curious if a upper lower split would be better. That way each muscle group is trained 3x a week… which can produce better results in mass gain.

Looked into a few of the programs above. Any advice?

try each for 8-12 weeks or so and decide which you like better. It’s impossible for anyone to advise you one way or the other.

I personally do better training less, whereas some like the gym 6 or 7 days a week.

Alright well I’ve been doing the “once a week body part” and although i’ll get ripped apart on leg and back day. I was gonna try giving this one a try for a few weeks. Its just hard to tell when the results are good or bad… and if resultst look good… how good.

UPPER-LOWER

4 DAW standard

– every muscle group is trained twice a week
– upper body days are divided between horizontal and vertical sessions, while lower body are constituted of quad-dominant and hip-dominant sessions
– lower body days are harder, hence we start with them

Splits:
——-

MON – Lower body quad dominant
TUE – Upper body horizontal
WED – Off
THU – Lower body hip dominant
FRI – Upper body vertical
WEEKEND – Off

OR

MON – Lower body quad dominant
TUE – Off
WED – Upper body horizontal
THU – Off
FRI – Lower body hip dominant
SAT – Upper body vertical
SUN – Off

DAY 1 – Lower body quad dominant
A Squats – w 3×8-12 / 180
B Glute-ham raises – w 2020 90
C Front squats – 4×5-8 3110 75
D1 Standing calf raises – w 3×6-10 52X1 45
D2 Cable crunches – 3×15-20 2011 45

DAY 2 – Upper body horizontal
A1 Bench press – w 4×5-8 / 75
A2 Bent-over BB rows – w 4×5-8 / 75
B1 Incline DB bench press – 3×8-12 2110 60
B2 DB rows – 3×8-12 2011 60
C1 Skullcrushers – 3×8-12 2020 45
C2 Rear delt rows – 3×8-12 2020 45

DAY 3 – Lower body hip dominant
A Deadlifts – w 3-5×3-5 / 180
B Split squats – 3×8-12 21X1 90
C Leg curls – w 3×5-8 30X1 75
D1 Seated calf raises – w 2×15-20 32X1 45
D2 Hanging leg raises – 3×10-15 2121 45

DAY 4 – Upper body vertical
A1 Pullups – w 4×6-10 / 75
A2 DB Press – w 4×6-10 / 75
B1 Upright rows – 3×5-8 2020 60
B2 Parallel bar dips – w 3×5-8 31X0 60
C1 DB curls – 3×8-12 2021 45
C2 Reverse L-fly – 3×10-15 3030 45

Edit: Just realized a lot of these are supersets, not something I can handle so I would do them individually

Bump:

Trying to figure out if this routine will allow me to focus more on my back than my chest… As well as beef up my legs

You weigh 190 with 20% bf. that is the last question you should be asking.

Give it 6 months with full intensity. You need time under a bar and in the kitchen. Not on the internet asking questions that have no relevance to your present condition.

1 Like

6 months on thisn routine.

No 1 week “deload” phases?

Half my problem is testosterone is at 218ng/dL. Never cycled,other issue though but slight excuse

And Jupiter is not in conjunction with Mars yet…

Consistency trumps your excuses.

Start a program, see a doctor, get a tan, go for a walk. Stop thinking of ways to sabotage yourself.

You write a program down and ask me about deload???

1 Like

I am working on seeing a doctor.

I did not write this program, it was selected from a proven source in a link higher up in the thread.

I just read an article about body needing a break for a week with lighter training based on plateaus or overall length of the program.

All I’m asking is, do I need to take any sort of breaks with this routine if continuing for 6 months straight

Thanks for input regardless

Rule of thumb.

Start program.

Do 4-8 weeks progressing slightly every week.

Go back 1-2 weeks (in weight).

Repeat

Learn

Make slight changes as needed.

1 Like

Thanks man. Always hard for me to drop the ego but will do