170-175 lbs
(fluctuating)

goals

by august 7
16-17 inch arms (flexed)
32-34 inch waist
165 lbs
7-10% body fat

i do not max out so i cant tell you what that is but i would appreciate any feedback or comments or whatever. i have been working out for almost 2 years and seriously for the past 2 months(approx.) i have lost 10 lbs already (in the past 2.5 months) and am in the process of cutting down to nothing.

by the way i am 17 years old…if it makes a difference.

some people are going to say this is unrealistic, but you never can tell. never set a goal that is easily achived, because then you will never truly grow …

WhiteFire,
It’s good to see someone your age who has put some thought into a program, and laid out some goals. You didn’t list your current bf%, so I’ll take a guess that you are right around 10%. I think that trying to get down to 165 would be counterintuitive to increasing mass( arms), especially for someone 5’10". Since you are 17, any androgen use would be out of the question. What I do reccommend is reading John Berardi’s articles, especially the Massive Eating series. With a tweaking of macronutrient ratios, combined with optimal training(Ian King, Thibeadeau, Waterbury), you will be able to add a significant amount of lean mass, while eliminating some fat mass. If you are able to order any supplements, Grow! and LC Grow! should be a main staple in your diet. Also, since you would be doing hypertrophy-based programs, I’d also reccommend Surge. Good luck, and keep us posted. -The Starkdog

14.7, eh?

I wonder what incredibly accurate measuring technique and static body composition you must have to measure within a tenth of an inch.

I continue to wonder why your goals are based solely on arm and waist size.

“and am in the process of cutting down to nothing.”

And believe me, you will. Unless you’re prancing around without a shirt all day, no one will have any idea you lift at 165 and 5’10.

DI

Hey there…goals are great, but I agree with KnightRT about questioning goals based on arm and waist size…don’t forget your pins as well, nothing looks worse than the old chicken leg/massive top combo. Belive me I know of what I speak; all through University I could bench more than I could squat and it showed whenever I wore shorts. Good luck…

well, first off, thank you. also, in response to your question about measuring, im not completely accurate but i am to within .2-.3 of an inch. also, i will look more into eating and nutrtiion, i just havent found anything worthwile, and i will look at the massive eating article. as far as i can tell my body fat is 11% but the guage i used was digital and only had ages for down to 18. the goals i posted are simple yes, but my main goal is to enter my first amatur contest by next summer. all in all i want to improve myself as much as possible and those are just general goals so i will be adding more as time goes on. i am also in the process of developing a workout to suit my body or to pull one from someone else so when i do im going to post that when its done. thank you and i hope ill hear more from you guys!

i also(unfortunately) have a limited amout of equipment. im basically limited to an old bench, plastic weights, and 10, 20, and 40 lb dumbbells. i also have a squat bar but no rack, a pullup bar hooked to a doorframe, and a weight machine for pulldowns that is at least 15 years old(and barely works) so i have to work around that. also, i am the oldest in a family of 7 so my money is kinda limited…

You’re 175 lbs, 5-10" with a 36 inch waist and you’re 10% body fat. That’s hard to believe. A 36 inch waist and 10% body fat. You may want to rethink you’re body fat percentage or waist size. Those 2 are not measuring up.

What do you mean?

WhiteFire,
What he means is that if you are 5’10" and 175 at 10% bodyfat, your waist size would be a bit smaller that 36". My waist is about 42"-44" and that’s at a body fat in the high teens to mid 20s at 235 (need to buy a caliper). My guess is that you would be somewhere in the 28"-32" waist range at your height and weight, so I think your bodyfat estimate is off by a few percent if you say you have a 36" waist at 10% bodyfat. Hope this helps.

-Chris

WhiteFire,
At the moment: Weight 170-175 lbs at 5’10" with arms 15 inch.
Goals: Weight 165 lbs with arms 16-17 inch.
Concerning arm dimension, I’m afraid is impossible. I frequently read on T-Mag and elsewhere (Kubik, Mc Roberts) that to get bigger arms you have to raise your bodyweight. If you want a 16-17 inch arm, plan, in a couple of years, to raise your bodyweight up to approximatively 200 lbs. If you slowly raise your weight (1 lb/month), it will be easier to put on lean bodymass. Do not forget your waist: for visual impact arms look bigger if the waist is smaller.
Luca

Hi,
I just want to say some good tips that I’ve learn from reading and other bodybuilder and trainee. I would say to not spend time tryin to cut down right now, you need to bulk up a bit. I am myself the oldest of eight children at home, I have to pay for anything at home and let me tell you that most of my money goes in food. I think it is the most important part in bodybuilding. As someone states, 5’10, 165, nobody will notice that you are lifting, it is true and let me tell you that doing squat and deadlift are the best plan for developping mass and strengh. My problem was my toothpick leg when I first it the iron and since I started doing them, My upper body just explode and I don’t care having 19" arms if my legs are 25", Sure, people at the beach will say that you have a great body, but when I see someone with an incredible upper body and almost no legs, I just can help it, I just laugh.
My points is to concentrate on nutrition and lifting weight, have a realistic goal. For my part, I am 236 at 6’ and find myself skinny, I know I have a problem but you know, my previous goal was to hit the 200, and when I did, Geeeezzz, what was that, I am never satisfied and will pursue a goal all my life. I love to train and maybe will compete some day in Canada ( that is were I live).
Let me tell you that it is possible to achieve great goals if you put all the chances on your sides, do a training and nutrition log, work to save money but also to buy some good food, deals are everywhere, you can find them.
For your goal for this summer, 16’‘17’’ for your arms, from my experience, summer is always bad for me because most of the time I am struggling to add muscle mass. I was a hard gainer till I learned how to eat and then I realize that even with a fats metabolisme, you can add size and mass, you just need to keep eating.
Well man, feel for you and encourage you to read not most but all T-mad article, it will help.
I recently bought a book which is the naked warrior, by pavel wich state some body exercice which could help you in your basement.
For my last point (Man i am like my mom, can’t stop to talk) I would say that it is possible to achieve your goal if you put effort into it.

nuffsaid

STACK

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE MASS SAYS GET BIG OR DIE TRYIN’

Hi,
I just want to say some good tips that I’ve learn from reading and other bodybuilder and trainee. I would say to not spend time tryin to cut down right now, you need to bulk up a bit. I am myself the oldest of eight children at home, I have to pay for anything at home and let me tell you that most of my money goes in food. I think it is the most important part in bodybuilding. As someone states, 5’10, 165, nobody will notice that you are lifting, it is true and let me tell you that doing squat and deadlift are the best plan for developping mass and strengh. My problem was my toothpick leg when I first it the iron and since I started doing them, My upper body just explode and I don’t care having 19" arms if my legs are 25", Sure, people at the beach will say that you have a great body, but when I see someone with an incredible upper body and almost no legs, I just can help it, I just laugh.
My points is to concentrate on nutrition and lifting weight, have a realistic goal. For my part, I am 236 at 6’ and find myself skinny, I know I have a problem but you know, my previous goal was to hit the 200, and when I did, Geeeezzz, what was that, I am never satisfied and will pursue a goal all my life. I love to train and maybe will compete some day in Canada ( that is were I live).
Let me tell you that it is possible to achieve great goals if you put all the chances on your sides, do a training and nutrition log, work to save money but also to buy some good food, deals are everywhere, you can find them.
For your goal for this summer, 16’‘17’’ for your arms, from my experience, summer is always bad for me because most of the time I am struggling to add muscle mass. I was a hard gainer till I learned how to eat and then I realize that even with a fats metabolisme, you can add size and mass, you just need to keep eating.
Well man, feel for you and encourage you to read not most but all T-mad article, it will help.
I recently bought a book which is the naked warrior, by pavel wich state some body exercice which could help you in your basement.
For my last point (Man i am like my mom, can’t stop to talk) I would say that it is possible to achieve your goal if you put effort into it.

nuffsaid

STACK

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE MASS SAYS GET BIG OR DIE TRYIN’

Concerning my BFat i prob am more than 10% but thats just a number i was told by the trainer at our school(b4 she got fired) so i have no clue what i am right now. i have also lost weight since then so…im basically really confused. can anyone suggest a good bodyfat caliper for me to use?