Critique my Schedule

Day 1
squats 5 sets of 10
superset with
military press 5 sets of 10
(ABBH parameters eg load 60% of 1RPM with 60 secs rest between supersets)
abs (Ian king’s awesome abs program day A)

Day 2
dbell bench press 10 sets of 3
superset with
barbell rows 10 sets of 3
(ABBH parameters eg load 80% of 1RPM
with 60 secs rest between supersets)
abd (Ian King’s awesome abs program day B)

Day 3 amd 4 off

Day 5
deadlift 10 sets of 3
superset with
standing rows 10 sets of 3
(ABBH paramters again)
abs IK’s dayA

Day 6
Dips 5 sets of 10
superset with
Chins 5 sets of 10
(ABBH parameters again)
abs IK’s dayB

Day 7 off

I’m aiming for mainly hypertrophy and some strength gains. I don’t mind some fat gain but I wouldn’t say that I was out and out bulking.

Any particular reason why you’re not doing ABBH as written? You’re following many of the same exercises and parameters, so it should work well. I’m just curious why you paired your exercises the way you have it listed rather than the way it’s originally written.

I’m currently starting week 3 of the ABBH program and have been very happy so far. Your program is similar, but where ABBH has no direct shoulder work, you have added some. I’m curious as to why you didn’t just go with ABBH and modify it later(or maybe you did)? You also have more ab work than ABBH. This is one area where I’m anxious to see my ab results under ABBH. I had always worked abs at the end of my workouts (time permitting) with pretty decent results. Under the ABBH, I haven’t seen a dropoff in my abs’ appearance, while I have definitely gained strength, but I don’t do as much ab work - train smarter, not harder. I’d say give it a try and get back to us on how it works. It looks like a decent approach and I’m sure you will get some results. Good luck.

DB

It seems to me that if you are really pushing yourself, as you should be, you would have a difficult time supersetting squats. Then again I don’t know how hard you are working.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Any particular reason why you’re not doing ABBH as written? You’re following many of the same exercises and parameters, so it should work well. I’m just curious why you paired your exercises the way you have it listed rather than the way it’s originally written.[/quote]

I’m glad that you picked that up. I’ve done ABBH before and included the calf training but my calves are really well developed compared to the rest of my body (possibly due to golf on a hilly course?). Anyways I’m not that bothered about my calves and I’d rather try to match my calf development in my chest, shoulders, back and upper legs.

I’m quite lean at the moment but my abs are still poor. I’ve never done any serious ab training apart from my last ABBH session. I wanted to do some oblique work and aome vacuum work rather than some half assed crunches at the end of my workout.

That’s why I changed the lay out of the program but I didn’t know how to change the original ABBH leg and abs days. ZEB mentioned that supersetting squats could be hard. I have done that day already squatting to horizontal and didn’t fail but it was only 60% of my 1RPM. Chad Waterbury puts squats in giant supersets but I didn’t know what exercises to superset them with. I chose shoulder work because there is no direct shoulder work in ABBH but I do know dips,rows and bench presses all hit the shoulders so I don’t know if I’m overtrainig there.

Thanks you all for your comments so far. I’d love to hear your thoughts on changing anything, the exercises, reps, weight.

Anyways I’m not that bothered about my calves and I’d rather try to match my calf development in my chest, shoulders, back and upper legs.

TommyT, I agree with Nate Dogg and ZEB.
I would perform CW’s sequence: ABBH,ABBH2,Quattro Dinamo,Single’s Club.
If you really want add the ABS exercises you mentioned in the days prescribed by CW.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
It seems to me that if you are really pushing yourself, as you should be, you would have a difficult time supersetting squats. Then again I don’t know how hard you are working.[/quote]

Well then, that was bitchy.

I’m not so sure. I’ve already done that day and it was difficult yes but not so bad. I had about 2.5mins between sets of squats and I’ve seen squats supersets in other T-mag articles.

I would appreciate any suggestions for exercises that I could maybe replace military presses and standing rows with every other week to avoid overtraining my shoulders.