1 /2 cup kale greens 35
Veggie burger 100
Whole wheat bun 180
American cheese 96
Dinner
2 cups black bean chili 400
American cheese 96

Total

Goal is to lose weight, workout fairly intensely 3-4 days a week, starting 5/3/1 tomorrow. What do you think about this sample daily diet and do you see any red flags? What kind of things would you add/remove to this etc? (Formatting did not come across as I intended, but I think its fairly clear still)

More varied veggie source. Adding a daily onion would be quite simple. Grilled with asparagus and onion slices and drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with feta crumbs, salt and pepper to taste. Something like that. Are you vegetarian? If not, add ground beef all up in that menu.

I swear I replied to this.

i think you should tell us your weight/body fat level and maybe a pic or some goals or something.

1500 calories is what teenage girls that don’t lift eat by the way.

#1 Try absolutely to take out dairy, i mean cottage cheese in the mourning? really…
there’s plenty of ways to eat a great breakfast even on short time. Take in a fruit, veggie or salad with your eggs. plus try moving to soy milk, vanilla flavor is pretty good if you dont like original. It has a little extra fat but its much easier for the body to digest. Dairy in general doesnt work well with digestion or weight loss. its hard to absorb that protein.

#2 Help your body by taking in high fiber foods. legumes (pre-soaked overnight then boiled) and brow rices will provide you with easy to digest calories and proteins that leave you full and get you healthy.

#3 If you do these two things you will be able to take in a few extra calories with the amount your working out.
Id suggest at least some more greens in your diet!!

Good luck :slight_smile:

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
i think you should tell us your weight/body fat level and maybe a pic or some goals or something.

1500 calories is what teenage girls that don’t lift eat by the way.

[/quote]

Right, I’m pretty overweight still, while I have lost almost 60 lbs already im still about 40 lbs from where I want to be. I am 5’ 10" and 220 at the moment. I wanted to eat more than this ideally, but I was worried about not losing weight. I’ve been kind of stuck at a plateau weight loss wise so I was being extra careful, but if someone who knows more than me tells me otherwise I could change that up easily.

(too the guy that somehow appeared first after I typed this up :P) Not really a vegetarian, just more of a fan of eating Chicken/Fish over beef. Also I chose more vegetarian type stuff because I could eat more while not getting as much calories, being hungry all the time is kind of an issue for me.

Day 1
Breakfast Calories
2 Large Hardboiled egg 156
1 cup brown rice 216
1 cup skim milk 86

Post workout meal
1 banana 106
3 tbsp protein powder 130
1 cup skim milk 86
Lunch
1 /2 cup kale greens 35
Veggie burger 100
Whole wheat bun 180
1 cup steamed vegetables 118
American cheese 96
Dinner
2 cups black bean chili 400
American cheese 96
7 spears asparagus 24
1 tbsp olive oil 130
�½ cup of onion 35

Total	

(Update to include some of the previously mentioned info)

Tuna salad is great also!! put; tuna(canned in water), red onion, grated carrots, chopped celery, spinach, or anything you like in it, cucumbers… whatever. Mix it up with some fat free mayo (be light on it) maybe mustard and then make sandwiches out of it for like 2 days!!

Basic creativity to help bring in those Veggies!!

Stir fries are easy and fun!

Plus just fry up some salmon with green onions and olive oil for an instant success.

PS broccoli and spinach are fucking great for your body.

Remember that fat loss isnt something you do till your happy then let go again.
its a life style. get yourself into your diet, and find ways to get the fruits, veggies and fiber into your diet!

And im out. hope i could help a tiny bit. best I could offer

[quote]okage wrote:
Remember that fat loss isnt something you do till your happy then let go again.
its a life style. get yourself into your diet, and find ways to get the fruits, veggies and fiber into your diet!

And im out. hope i could help a tiny bit. best I could offer[/quote]

Thanks for reiterating that, but I dont intend to go back, since I’ve made the changes I have I feel tons better and im just trying to fine tune the nutrition aspect of that, 6 months ago I wouldnt have even had the energy to work out.

Sample workout for you guys im working on 531 total reps i did 86 overhead press with a “max” weight of 90 lbs. Aside from the hilariously low weight is the amount of calories im consuming going to support that? Oh yeah boring but big assistance work

[quote]okage wrote:
Tuna salad is great also!! put; tuna(canned in water), red onion, grated carrots, chopped celery, spinach, or anything you like in it, cucumbers… whatever. Mix it up with some fat free mayo (be light on it) maybe mustard and then make sandwiches out of it for like 2 days!!

Basic creativity to help bring in those Veggies!![/quote]

I add coleslaw mix to tunamelts. sounds weird, but it tastes pretty good.

[quote]skybluewater wrote:

[quote]okage wrote:

Basic creativity to help bring in those Veggies!![/quote]

I add coleslaw mix to tunamelts. sounds weird, but it tastes pretty good.[/quote]

that does sound weird but I wont judge. Even though i dont want to, now imma have to try that. haha

Also get some brown jasmine rice!! ive just added this gluten free product to my diet and it fills me up great, gives me a touch of protein in a carb (awesome), tons of fiber for slow digestion(filled longer) and its fucking the most filling thing in my diet!!! NOICE!

holy shit I dont think I will be going without it anymore…

PS This was a major breakthrough for me. haha

[quote]okage wrote:
#1 Try absolutely to take out dairy, i mean cottage cheese in the mourning? really…
there’s plenty of ways to eat a great breakfast even on short time. Take in a fruit, veggie or salad with your eggs. plus try moving to soy milk, vanilla flavor is pretty good if you dont like original. It has a little extra fat but its much easier for the body to digest. Dairy in general doesnt work well with digestion or weight loss. its hard to absorb that protein.

#2 Help your body by taking in high fiber foods. legumes (pre-soaked overnight then boiled) and brow rices will provide you with easy to digest calories and proteins that leave you full and get you healthy.

#3 If you do these two things you will be able to take in a few extra calories with the amount your working out.

Good luck :)[/quote]

wtf is this shit

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]okage wrote:

wtf is this shit[/quote]

I was kinda thinking that about the cottage cheese thing, but I tend to assume everyone knows more than me on these forums, care to explain why he is wrong in the interest of helping a newbie?

[quote]Almack9 wrote:
… care to explain why he is wrong in the interest of helping a newbie?[/quote]
^because cottage cheese is good for muscle building. Some people have an issue with dairy and THOSE people should not overdo it with dairy. Modification through trial and error is the only way to know what works best for you.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]okage wrote:

wtf is this shit[/quote]

Seconded.

#1 is just stupid unless you have problems with dairy, or are about to step on a stage. And replace with Soy milk? What website have you been reading? I thought Soy was banned from T-Nation.

#2 I like me some beans and rice, but to claim that they give you protein is down right stupid. A can of beans is what, like 20 grams of protein? And that is if you eat the entire can. Beans and rice are carbs. Chicken and steak is protein.

The only good recommendation is the extra greens.

[quote]Almack9 wrote:
… Modification through trial and error is the only way to know what works best for you.[/quote]

They honestly just need to remove 99% of this forum, and just post this in BIG BOLD letters over and over again.

If you ask 10 different guys who have made decent progress how they eat, you are going to get at least 6 different answers. Varied amounts of protein, carbs, fats, veggies, meats, powders, dairy, gluten free, intermittent fasting, etc…

Try it all, and use what works for YOU.

Everything about this thread makes me think you haven’t done a lot of reading yet. Your diet seems strangely constructed, and most educated people in the subject of dieting will look at the big picture more than a ‘sample day’. In other words, things like carb cycling (isn’t that the subject of today’s article? or yesterday’s? can’t remember) are used to lose weight, along with well constructed workout plans. Also, training day caloric intake shouldn’t be the same as non-training day caloric intake.

My advice would be to exit the forums and enter the world of articles. There are COUNTLESS articles on this site about weight loss. Nate Miyaki has some great stuff that seems to reflect your values. Read his stuff, and any other diet ARTICLES on this site, and if you’re up for it, read some primary sources referenced in the articles.

Spending time in forums is fun and everything, but the truth is, if you’re trying to obtain real useful information, this isn’t the place to start. Learn from the experts.

[quote]Dont Want None wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]okage wrote:

wtf is this shit[/quote]

Seconded.

#1 is just stupid unless you have problems with dairy, or are about to step on a stage. And replace with Soy milk? What website have you been reading? I thought Soy was banned from T-Nation.

#2 I like me some beans and rice, but to claim that they give you protein is down right stupid. A can of beans is what, like 20 grams of protein? And that is if you eat the entire can. Beans and rice are carbs. Chicken and steak is protein.

The only good recommendation is the extra greens.

[/quote]

If youre going to second my opinion, do that. If youre going to type up stuff that I wouldnt necessarily agree with (like you did here) make a completely separate post. Thanks.