Critique My Routine ***

Here’s my push/pull/legs workout.
My goals is to gain some more size on by body. I currently weigh 184 pounds and would like to hit 190 by the end of June.

Tempo is 202 for most exercises

Incline Barbell Presses 3x6-8
Flat Dumbbell Bench Presses 2x8-12
Seated Military Press 3x6-8
Lower Cable Lateral Raises 2x8-12
Close Grip Bench Presses 2x6-8
Dumbbell Triceps Extension 2x8-12

Deadlifts 3x6-8
Incline Dumbell Rows 2x8-12
Close Grip Chins 2x8-12
DB Chrugs 2x10-15
Cable Bar Curls 2x6-8
Cable Preacher Curls 2x8-12
Rope Crunches 2x12-20

Squats 4x6-12
Leg Extension 3x10-12
Stiff-Legged Deadlift 3x6-12
Standing Calf Raises 3x12-15
Swiss Ball Crunches 2x12-20

Thanks In Advance.
-Gabe

Gabe

Do you currently workout? If so is this a modification of what you are doing now? Are you planing on doing three days a week, or two full cycles per week, or what?

I think you need more lat/rear delt work. Also I would not deadlift on the pull day and do stiff-legged deadlifts and squats on the leg day. If you are using heavy weights and are not used to it that could quickly become too much for your lower back.

I am imagining doing the push/pull/leg cycle two times per week here, or with and a rest day between cycles. If you are going to do something like m/w/f then maybe do pull/push/legs and all the deadlifts may workout for you.

You will get the most bang for you buck on the “lower body” so make your leg day the hard lifting day with squats and Romanian deadlifts. Skip the leg extension in favor of some heavy leg presses and maybe a set of leg curls for more hamstring work.

You may wish to check out www.exrx.net/Workouts/Workout3PPL.html for a template to use and compare with what you have. To gain size don’t forget to eat and progress in you lifting.

Hey there Chirs, yes I do currently workout and yes this is a modification of what I am doing now. I am going to be doing a three day split once a week. I don’t have much time between work and college.

I don’t use very heavy weight; here are my current stats for my three favorite exercises.
Bench - 215x7
Squat - 275x7
Deadlifts - 235x7

Here’s my current leg workout.

Barbell Squats 2x5-7
Leg Press 2x5-7
Stiff Legged Deadlifts 2x5-7
Lying Leg Curls 1x5-7
Standing Machine Calf Raises 2x10-12
Seated Machine Calf Raises 2x5-7

I would go as heavy as I could for these sets while maintaining good form. The rep and set scheme is the same for most of my push and pull days with more reps for smaller body parts.

So you suggest I remove the deadlifts on my pull day and add lat pull down or something similar?

Thanks for the response.
-Gabe