Critique My Rice Protein Shake

I’m lactose intolerant and I suspect I may have a dairy allergy too because I can’t have a lot of dairy products without getting cramps even if I do take lactaid pills or use lactose free milk. So, one of my major sources of protein is rice protein drinks.

Based on my searches here, my understanding is that rice protein is not bad for you like soy is but it’s an incomplete/lower quality protein. So, I throw in a little cottage cheese and milk to compensate for this. I can’t handle much dairy, though. Is that what you would do?

I should mention that I’m trying to bulk up. Like Berardi recommends, I’m trying P+C and P+F meals rather than combining the C and F.

My drink is usually something like:
10 grams protein from 1% milk;
10 to 15 grams protein from 2% cottage cheese;
30 grams protein from rice protein;
some mixed vegetables;
2 bannanas;
extra fruit if I have any;
1 slice whole wheat bread for a few extra calories.

I have this drink twice a day and I have four additional food (non-drink) meals during the day. Are there any changes I should make? Am I having too many bannas (4 per day)? I like bannas because they are cheap, taste good, and add about 100 calories each. Thanks for your help!

Looks good to me, another thing you can try is liquid egg whites, which are an easy way to add more protein to your shakes if you wanted to, or to sub them for something else. In terms of other fruits… strawberries taste great with bannanas, and so do blueberries. Apples also are great and have a good amount of fiber- You can try including these things to mix things up.

By liquid eggs, do you mean uncooked egg whites?

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:
By liquid eggs, do you mean uncooked egg whites? [/quote]

I wouldn’t go with uncooked egg whites. Try to SEARCH it out, I believe that you only get about Half the protein that way. I forget the exact article.

This (egg white discussion) has been covered before. Most egg whites are now pasteurized, so don’t worry about minimal absorption. Use them, they’re an excellent protein source and a good alternative to whey/casein.

[quote]Bonn1997 wrote:
By liquid eggs, do you mean uncooked egg whites? [/quote]

Oh, i should have been more specific. They are pastuerized and usually come in little cartons (like milk), and are PERFECTLY safe- they are actually made for adding into shakes/smoothies/etc.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
By liquid eggs, do you mean uncooked egg whites?

Oh, i should have been more specific. They are pastuerized and usually come in little cartons (like milk), and are PERFECTLY safe- they are actually made for adding into shakes/smoothies/etc. [/quote]
Oh, sounds good! I’ll give it a try. Thanks!