Critique My Regime

Hey guys;

Here is my situation. I’m 5’10, 161 pounds; I started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago in hopes of gaining size and strength. I’m taking 100% Whey Gold Standard 1gram of protein per pound, hitting the gym 3x a week. I’m hoping you guys can critique my regime and point out its flaws and how to go about correcting it.

Tuesday: Back & Chest
Bent Over Barbell Row
Seated Cable Rows
Stiff Legged Barbell Deadlift
Barbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Flyes

Thursday: Legs & Shoulders
Seated Leg Curl
Leg Press
Seated Calf Raise
Front Dumbell Raise
Side Lateral Raise
Shoulder Shrugs

Saturday: Biceps & Triceps
Barbell Curl
Ez-Bar Curl
Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curl
Lying Triceps Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
Tricep Pull Downs

I do 4 sets, 8 reps. I try and make the last couple reps of the last set of each exercise a struggle, without compromising form (I hope anyways lol).

Fire away guys, I won’t take anything personal as long as it’s beneficial.
Thanks!

It’s awful.

Do this:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/starting_strength_the_guide

Why exactly is it awful so I could possibly learn from my mistake?

three pressing movements two pulling movements on day 1.

No conventional deadlifts.

You have a day for arms, and frankly you probably are not advanced enough to make use of that.

No squats.

Instead of doing something like, say, overhead press on shoulder day you do delt raises.

No chin/pull ups.

In general too much isolation work and not enough big movements.

Also, you stated you wish to gain mass, but didn’t post your diet. That’s going to be the crucial factor in achieving your goals.

Read the stickies at the top of this forum.

you can do rippetoes. It’s a great program. Me, and many other members have had success with it. If you want a better split to follow do:

Legs:
squat 3x5
quads (close stance leg press, extentions, lunges, etc) 3x10-15
hammys (leg curls, glute hams, etc) 3x 8-12
calves 3x10

Press:
flat press 3x5-8
overhead press3x5-8
side/front raises 3x 10-12
pec iso if you aren’t getting pec 3x10-12
stimulation from benching
triceps 3x8-12

Pull:
Deadlift or powerclean 1-3 rep sets
Cable row 3x8
DB row 3x15+ reps
Chins 3x8
curls 3x8-12

I would do rippetoes for a few months, the frequency will help you learn to squat, deadlift, bench correctly.

I dont see anything there about plans for future elections or suppression of dissenting elements. As far as i understand it you have no real regime to speak of.

In terms of that workout regimen I’m with the above posters

And that workout is meant for gaining muscle mass?

I’m a little confused as to why mine doesn’t work, if someone could go in a little depth with words I could follow, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday: Back & Chest
Bent Over Barbell Row
Seated Cable Rows
Stiff Legged Barbell Deadlift
Barbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dumbbell Flyes

more presses then pulls lead to shitty posture and increase your chance of shoulder issues (trust me on this).
The hell are the SLDLs there for anyways? You aren’t doing any vertical pulling.

Thursday: Legs & Shoulders
Seated Leg Curl
Leg Press
Seated Calf Raise
Front Dumbell Raise
Side Lateral Raise
Shoulder Shrugs

No squats? Too much frilly bullshit, not enough heavy iron. Not enough rest between chest and shoulder day. solution: do them on the same day.

Saturday: Biceps & Triceps
Barbell Curl
Ez-Bar Curl
Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curl
Lying Triceps Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
Tricep Pull Downs

As much as you may love the pump you get, you’ll be much better off progressing on 1-2 lifts for arms compared to a whole day of wheel spinning as a beginner. Can you progress on most of these excercises everytime you’re doing arms? probably not.

I’ma beliver in the heavy squat and conventional deadlift for erector and thigh development. These are your bread and butter.

Is it possible we can just tweak the one I’m currently using now. I really just don’t want to be jumping around?
Or is it that bad that I have to chuck it?

If I were going to keep the same schedule you’re using here, I would do this:

Chest&Back:
Deadlift 4xwarmup, 1x5
Pullups 3x6-10
Barbell Rows 2xwarmup, 2x6-10
Bench Press 4xwarmup, 1x5
Incline Bench press 2xwarmup, 2x6-10
Pec Deck 1xwarmup, 3x10-15

Legs&Shoulders:
Back Squat 4xwarmup, 1x5
Hack Squat 2xwarmup, 1x12-20
Leg curl 1xwarmup, 3x8-12
Military Press 3xwarmup, 1x5
DB Lateral Raise 3x10-15

Biceps&Triceps:
Barbell Curl 2xwarmup, 2x8
DB Curl 1xwarmup, 3x8-12
Dips 1xwarmup, 2x8
Lying extensions 1xwarmup, 3x8-12

Now that’s just me, but when looking to gain mass most people believe there is a list of basic, traditional barbell exercises that should basically always be present, or a direct variation of them.

If you revolve your training around progressively increasing the amount of weight you can squat, deadlift, bench press, military press, and barbell curl I think you’ll have much better results as long as you’re eating enough to gain bodyweight.

[quote]mchron wrote:
I dont see anything there about plans for future elections or suppression of dissenting elements. As far as i understand it you have no real regime to speak of.

In terms of that workout regimen I’m with the above posters[/quote]

I agree. I also think that the nationalization of natural resources you used to pander to the proletariat has actually backfired, and has empowered the working classes to such a degree that there may soon be a democratic uprising.

lol, it’s funny because I never caught on until the second post. When the first guy made fun of me it I just figured he was drunk.

[quote]Kemper1989 wrote:
lol, it’s funny because I never caught on until the second post. When the first guy made fun of me it I just figured he was drunk.[/quote]

Piss off, I wasn’t drunk.

I just told you what I thought!

You’re welcome.

lol no, I’m talking about the second post that made fun of my spelling “regime” instead of regimen