Week 4 (1/12/03): 85% of ORM for 3 sets of 4 reps
Week 5 (8/12/03): 90% of ORM for 3 sets of 3 reps
Week 6 (15/11/03): 95% of ORM for 2 sets of 2 reps
Week 7 (22/11/03): Test for 1 set of 1 rep

1. Barbell shrugs 4 sets 10 reps
  2. Split jumps with dumbells 4 sets for 20 reps
  3. Calf Raises 2 sets 5 reps - heavy

Deadlift Workout:

1. Squat (light/fast) 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 reps (pyramid up with weight)

2. Deadlift Week 1: 60% of ORM for 3 sets of 8 reps
    Week 2: 65% of ORM for 3 sets of 6 reps
    Week 3: 70% of ORM for 3 sets of 5 reps
    Week 4: 75% of ORM for 3 sets of 4 reps
    Week 5: 80% of ORM for 3 sets of 3 reps
    Week 6: 85% of ORM for 2 sets of 2 reps
    Week 7: Test for 1 set of 1 rep

3. Good mornings 4 sets for 10 reps

4. Bent over rows 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 6 reps

5. Pulldowns in front 3 sets 8 reps

6. RDL 3 sets 8 reps

Because I am top heavy, I will not push too much weight on the flat bench, on the incline I will go heavy because that part of the muscle is used for sprinting.

Bench Workout (Light chest)

1. Bench Press 3 sets 10 reps
  2. Incline Bench Press 3 sets 5 reps
  3. Barbell shoulder press 3 sets 8 reps (Behind neck)
  4. Side lateral raises 3 sets 8 reps
  5. Nose breakers 4 sets 8 reps
  6. dips 4 sets 15 reps

I have taken most of it from David Knowles article and modifide it so that it meets my needs.

If anyone can modify it further please do. My weaknesses are lower back, hamstrings and core. My strengths are quads and upper body. I will be sprinting on Tue and Thurs, resting on Saturday and Sunday. The deadlift workout will be done on Friday.

I will add core work later.

correct me if im worng, but isnt a 0rm the amount of weight you can lift 0 times?

“Because I am top heavy, I will not push too much weight on the flat bench, on the incline I will go heavy because that part of the muscle is used for sprinting.”

Can you explain that a bit more? I’ve never heard that before.

I’d rather critique your spelling. Nothing personal but I detest the internet butchered versions of “please” To me it’s a sign of laziness and disrespect. Oh well, at least you spared us the attack of the killer bees version: plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And yeah what’s with a 0RM?

I believe ORM = One Rep Max but then againt I’m not genius :wink:

As far as the program if your focusing purely on lower body it seems you could up the volume without risking overtraining. The last few weeks just seem to be really lacking volume. I’m pretty new to serious lifting so I could be off, hopefully some more well seasoned lifters will chime in.

I believe ORM = One Rep Max but then againt I’m not genius :wink:

As far as the program if your focusing purely on lower body it seems you could up the volume without risking overtraining. The last few weeks just seem to be really lacking volume. I’m pretty new to serious lifting so I could be off, hopefully some more well seasoned lifters will chime in.

ahh, well most people write: 1rm

Hey, there, Ludacris. Welcome to T-Mag!!!

Could I ask you one thing? You did a good job of laying out what you’re lifting, but what are you lifting/pulling on what days? In other words, how many days a week are you working out?

Good for you, identifying your weaknesses!!!