T Nation

Critique My Plan?


#1

Hey guys, I've been thinking about starting a new plan for my squat and deadlift. I'm in the gym twice a week, Monday's and Thursday's. On Monday's I squat and Thursday I deadlift.

Monday:
Squat 5x2 85% of max
Hack squat 5x2
Leg extension 4x15
Leg curl 4x15
Calf work

Thursday:
Deadlift 5x2 85%of max
Speed deadlift 5x3
Power clean+press 4x2
Pullups 3x10
One arm rows 3x10

Just let me know if you think I should be doing something differently or if you have any suggestions of things I should add in/take out. Thanks guys


#2

Well you should probably bench at some point …


#3

Add bench to Monday.
Also I don’t think you need speed deadlifts if you are doing power cleans.

What kind of progression are you planning to use? And what are you current stats and lifts?


#4

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
Well you should probably bench at some point …[/quote]
My bench program is already set in stone so I didn’t bother listing that


#5

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:
Add bench to Monday.
Also I don’t think you need speed deadlifts if you are doing power cleans.

What kind of progression are you planning to use? And what are you current stats and lifts?[/quote]

My stats are nothing special, I’m just entering grade 11 and I’ve been powerlifting for about 6-7 months

Deadlift:335
Squat:300
Bench:205

What do you mean as far as progression?


#6

Why don’t you pick a program that has proven to work and follow it?


#7

[quote]Chicksan wrote:
Why don’t you pick a program that has proven to work and follow it? [/quote]

You’ve got a good point, I was just hoping that if I tried this it might work.


#8

Honestly bro, use a proven plan. I, and no doubt many others on this site, wasted time on inefficient self-made programs. Just throw the dice and choose a program. 5/3/1 would be ideal for your current stats, in my opinion. Plus it’s flexible with literally dozens of templates.


#9

I think you shopuld squat on both days


#10

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:
Honestly bro, use a proven plan. I, and no doubt many others on this site, wasted time on inefficient self-made programs. Just throw the dice and choose a program. 5/3/1 would be ideal for your current stats, in my opinion. Plus it’s flexible with literally dozens of templates.[/quote]

Amen. If I could travel back in time, I would go back to 11th grade grab myself by he neck and shake myself while yelling “DO 5/3/1!!!”
Trust me this guy just gave you the best lifting advice I bet you’ve ever heard kid!

5/3/1