T Nation

Critique My Nutrition Plan

Please help, first try at this, constructive criticism is wanted. I’m 5’7", 19 years old, 155 lbs, “ectomorph”, very active lifestyle.

Breakfast
2 Eggs
2 Canadian Bacon
2 Ezekiel Bread
3 Slices AmericanCheese

Lunch
Chicken Salad
3 Ezekiel Bread

Pre Workout
Banana
Nuts
Fiber One

Post Workout
Shake
Milk

Dinner

Nuts

After Class
Yogurt
Fiber One
Banana
Blueberries

Before Bed
Natural Peanut Butter
2 Natural All Fruit Jelly
2 Ezekiel Bread

3,522 Calories, 227 Protein, 372 Carbs, 94 Fat

Numbers go up and down depending on dinner meal. Not drastically as my mom is a healthy eater and makes healthy, nutrient dense meals.

It actually looks “OK”.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
It actually looks “OK”.[/quote]

I’m interpreting Brick’s comment as “you have the best fucking diet I’ve ever seen” since he’s not chastising or referring you to any articles :slight_smile:

First post in a while, from one teen new jersey-ite to another ill tell you if u were close to the “ectomorph” that i was/am your probably going to need to eat more then this to gain noticeable weight. This is assuming that’s your goal though. What are your goals?

[quote]Deorum wrote:
First post in a while, from one teen new jersey-ite to another ill tell you if u were close to the “ectomorph” that i was/am your probably going to need to eat more then this to gain noticeable weight. This is assuming that’s your goal though. What are your goals? [/quote]

My goals are gaining weight, i was just following the formulas from Thib’s newbie articles. How much more do you think I should eat?

[quote]TCharger130 wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:
First post in a while, from one teen new jersey-ite to another ill tell you if u were close to the “ectomorph” that i was/am your probably going to need to eat more then this to gain noticeable weight. This is assuming that’s your goal though. What are your goals? [/quote]

My goals are gaining weight, i was just following the formulas from Thib’s newbie articles. How much more do you think I should eat?[/quote]

I think you’d be better finding that out yourself. Try this out for a while(few weeks). See if you are gaining weight. If not, just add more food(like 500kcal if you are not gaining anything at the moment). Experiment with what works for you and learn about yourself at the same time.

[quote]Peteks wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

My goals are gaining weight, i was just following the formulas from Thib’s newbie articles. How much more do you think I should eat?[/quote]

I think you’d be better finding that out yourself. Try this out for a while(few weeks). See if you are gaining weight. If not, just add more food(like 500kcal if you are not gaining anything at the moment). Experiment with what works for you and learn about yourself at the same time.[/quote]

Good advice.

The OP shouldn’t worry about how much others eat, especially from anonymous posters on the internet who often just regurgitate what they’ve read elsewhere.

Experiment and find what works for you.

Agreed, but as someone who went from 145lbs to around 175lbs within 3 months while losing body fat as a teenager at around 5’7 i’d say my not so anonymous voice could lend a helpful hand in this thread. I did what he is likely trying to do from where he seems to be.

[quote]Deorum wrote:

in my most eloquent speaking voice I 'unno.

Like others said try this first and if your not gaining add more food. Just from my experience this kind of diet didn’t gain me any weight. I started gaining the weight when i started trading things like chicken off for ground beef. Egg whites for whole eggs. Skim milk for whole milk. That kind of thing. I wouldn’t fall into the whole “health food” scene myself. Just stay away from shit that’s prepackaged in a box and eat real foods and you’ll likely be more than fine.

[quote]Peteks wrote:

[quote]Deorum wrote:

I think you’d be better finding that out yourself. Try this out for a while(few weeks). See if you are gaining weight. If not, just add more food(like 500kcal if you are not gaining anything at the moment). Experiment with what works for you and learn about yourself at the same time.[/quote]

QFT.

I agree with starting with the diet you have…if after lets say a few weeks no added weight is seen…add an additonal 500 calories.

When i first read your weight and calories i thought they were low…but if your adding weight then more power to you.

What does your workout consist of?