Critique My Next Program

Hey,

I’ll be doing 3x/week Total Body Workouts and 2x/week as per CW’s “Booster Shots”. I’d appreciate any advice or input on what I’ve designed (my first attempt at “doing my own thing”…but still remembering the basics that CW presented in his TBT).

Monday: 3x8

Flat BB Bench
Chest Supp (Suspinated Grip)Rows

Seated DB Presses
Pullups

Romanian Deadlifts
Back Squats (1/2)

Tue (Booster Shot day, I chose Isolation movements because my other days are Full Body). Then I’ll do a little cardio in the AM (bike riding to the beach)

Pec Deck
“W” Bar BB Curls
Skull Crushers (BB)
Seated Calf Raises
Seated (bent over) DB raises

Wed: 4x6

Inc BB Bench
Seated Rows

Front Squats (1/2)
Stand Military Press

Chinups
Sumo Deadlifts

Thurs: Off but light Cardio in AM (probabaly same as Tue: Bike ride to beach)

Fri: 2x12

Lat Pulldowns
Deadlifts from Defecit (2")

Flat DB presses
Bent over Rows (DB)

Full ROM Smith Machine Squats
Straight Leg Deadlifts (Hamstrings)

Sat: Same idea as Tue (Booster Shot), but diff exercises. Cardio is the same (Bike to beach)

Inc Bench Cable Flies
Reverse Grip Cable Pressdowns
DB Hammer Curls
Calves on Leg Press
Standing DB raises

Sun: Rest like the dead.

For the TBT: Week 1 is straight sets, week 2 will be pairings (as I’ve put them here). I’ll add in an extra set on week 3 and possibly “up” the weight a little. Week 4 will be pairings again.

I can easily get 8-10 hours of rest/day. I have not calculated my caloric needs/day yet, but I will be somewhere around 4000-4500, I can guess.

Height: 5’8"
Weight currently (168 lbs)

Any input would be appreciated.

layout looks good, well thought out. take down a full serving of Surge+creatine after your booster shots as well. training like this with that many calories should put some good size on your frame. good luck, get sWOLL

DezZ

why are the squats all 1/2? and take out the smith machine squats. add in unilateral exercises and rotator cuff stuff. Not sure what level you are on but i sense doing those 2-3 days of booster shots could be a little excessive.

pretty high volume honestly. Also I think you’d get more bang for buck if you just switched a couple of those exercises. For instance do standing DB press instead of seated to work your core muscles a little more. And more free standing rows and pulls instead of chest supported to work stablizers and legs more. Also I agree w/ the nixing of the Smith Machine squats. Remember that sometimes less is more…that’s just a lot of volume and seems like too little recovery.

Thanks for the input. The “working the core more” idea sounds like a real winner, so I’ll definately do that. And the unilateral exercises…sounds good and I’ll try to figure out some ways to incorporate them (unless you have some ideas).

I chose the smith machine squats because I’m doing squats each day as it is and wanted something TOTALLY different…expecially because I’ve NEVER used it before. But perhaps I’ll just change to DB lunges or something, if need be.

As a side note, I’m currently off of work for about 2 months (teacher and the kids are on vacation), so I actually have lots of time to rest…bordering on too much time.

So, due to this, I’m a little hesitant to say that it’s too much volume(unless someone can please explain why).

Again, thanks for your time and input.

Use lunges or split squats instead of the smith machine squats, that way you get some unilateral leg work and replace the smith machine.

[quote]bruinsdmb wrote:
why are the squats all 1/2? and take out the smith machine squats. add in unilateral exercises and rotator cuff stuff. Not sure what level you are on but i sense doing those 2-3 days of booster shots could be a little excessive.[/quote]

agreed, good response…