Critique my Meal Plan

This is for cutting btw.

85kg
5’ 10"
15% BF (Yeah, I let myself go. I sicken me too.)

All the below numbers are rounded.

Total Calories: 1800-1850
Protein: 248g
Carbohydrates: 122g (Too high?)
Fat: 28g

Breakfast:

1 Serving Surge
600-700mL Water
2 Almonds

“Brunch”:

2 Servings Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
400mL Milk (Low fat, comes to 16g carbs)
3 Almonds

Lunch:

1 Whole Chicken Breast (170g approx.)
Lettuce, Bell Pepper, Celery (small amounts i.e. handful)
1 small Tomato or Carrot
2 Almonds

Afternoon Meal:

1 Serving Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
400mL Milk (as above)
3 Almonds

Dinner:

200g Wild Pink Salmon (in Spring water)
Lettuce, Bell Pepper, Celery (small amounts i.e. handful)
2 Almonds

Pre-Bed Meal:

1 Serving Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
400mL Milk (as above)
3 Almonds

Final Note: The Almonds are basically because I can chew on those things for about an hour each. No chewing on a nut jokes please.

whoa!!

I’ll take a shot here

(1) you’re way low on fat man! You may be cutting but you need fat for recovery and your muscles. I’m not sure what a good number would be offhand so someone else would have to help you there, I’d probably be going 40-50g but I can’t say i have a good basis for that. Carbs and protein look about right. You need some fish oil in there badly. You like olive oil or peanut butter at all?

(2) Surge for breakfast doesn’t make sense to me. You just fasted for 8+ hours, Surge is mostly protein and sugar and will spike your insulin levels horribly. Move the Surge to post-workout. You need some good solid food for breakfast, and if you want a protein drink, use a low carb whey protein base

(3) I don’t know about milk when dieting low-ish carb, but it won’t kill you. In general I’d try to keep my carbs early in the morning and around the workout. All of the salads are good but a bit unnecessary. You’d be better off with more fiber and green veggies.

(4) if this is a lifting day, you can probably up the carbs a little at the start of the diet and go lower in carbs on days you don’t train.

(5) unless you are really averse, add some fruit earlier in the day. I don’t see where the carbs are coming from. Make sure you drink the Surge after workout and have a good low carb in your next meal. Think sweet potato or brown rice. More green veggies is important too, most are relatively low in carbs and give you nutrients+ fiber (which you are low on)

(6) cut the carbs later in the day. in particular the bed time milk is really bad. I’d throw some peanut butter in there or something.

I’m not an expert or anything but that’s my advice. I’ve posted my own diet type things before and not gotten much detailed input, but maybe my diet is just stellar =) I’m gonna be cutting some weight for the summer in the near future too, good luck man!

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
whoa!!

I’ll take a shot here

(1) you’re way low on fat man! You may be cutting but you need fat for recovery and your muscles. I’m not sure what a good number would be offhand so someone else would have to help you there, I’d probably be going 40-50g but I can’t say i have a good basis for that. Carbs and protein look about right. You need some fish oil in there badly. You like olive oil or peanut butter at all?

[/quote]True. I may add Flameout.[quote]

(2) Surge for breakfast doesn’t make sense to me. You just fasted for 8+ hours, Surge is mostly protein and sugar and will spike your insulin levels horribly. Move the Surge to post-workout. You need some good solid food for breakfast, and if you want a protein drink, use a low carb whey protein base

[/quote]Ah, but that is post workout![quote]

(3) I don’t know about milk when dieting low-ish carb, but it won’t kill you. In general I’d try to keep my carbs early in the morning and around the workout. All of the salads are good but a bit unnecessary. You’d be better off with more fiber and green veggies.

[/quote]Yeah, I’ll be adding Glucomannan and veges like brocolli.[quote]

(4) if this is a lifting day, you can probably up the carbs a little at the start of the diet and go lower in carbs on days you don’t train.

[/quote]I lift 5x a week. Weekends I should probably just stick to oatmeal.[quote]

(5) unless you are really averse, add some fruit earlier in the day. I don’t see where the carbs are coming from. Make sure you drink the surge after workout and have a good low carb in your next meal. Think sweet potato or brown rice. More green veggies is important too, most are relatively low in carbs and give you nutrients+ fiber (which you are low on)

[/quote]I’ll eat an apple/pear/banana prior to leaving for the gym.[quote]

(6) cut the carbs later in the day. in particular the bed time milk is really bad. I’d throw some peanut butter in there or something.

[/quote]Before bed, I’ll do water and Metabolic Drive and drop the milk.[quote]

I’m not an expert or anything but that’s my advice. I’ve posted my own diet type things before and not gotten much detailed input, but maybe my diet is just stellar =) I’m gonna be cutting some weight for the summer in the near future too, good luck man![/quote]

Thanks!

Are those servings of almonds. Can’t be, because that would be like 2800 kcals, so is it individual almonds. Almonds are a great source of monounsaturated fats, also you may want to get a little variety in your diet.

Also, it appears that at 15% body fat which is letting yourself go, you don’t have to worry about carbs all that much. Get your protein, and keep your calories in check. Let the carb totals fall where they may.

LOL. “2 almonds”