Critique My Latest Split

Been working on a new split coming off a TBT routine. Let me know what you think. Goals are mass, density…yeah…the usual.

day 1
DB Press, 4x6
Gironda neck press(LOVE THIS!), 3x8
Incline DB press, 3x8
Cable cross thinger, 3x8
rope push down, 3x8
dip/seated pushdown machine, 3x8

day 2
dead lift, 5x6
pulldowns, 3x8
DB row, 3x8
pull overs 3x8
incline db curl, 3x8
reverse EZ curl, 3x8

day 3
abs
BB military press, 3x8
DB military press, 3x8
lateral and front raises, 3x8

day 4
off
Bball

day 5
squat or front squat, 4x5
quad extend, 3x8
good mornings, 3x8
calf stuff
DB lunges, 3x8

day 6
off
bball

Day 7
restart or another day off

In the exercises listed with 3x8, that’s more of a goal than a reality. I use enough weight so that I can complete the first set. The second is tougher and I usually can get about 5 or 6 reps on the last set.

So far, in the last 6 weeks I’ve had good gains with just protein powder and creatine. I think this will be the final draft of my plan and I’ll stick with it for the next couple months.

I’m still open for suggestiong or critiques, though.

thanks

Day 1. I would eliminate rope push downs and machine dips. I would also do either bench to neck or incline but not both. I would put in military press into day 1 workout.

Day1 would be something like this
Bench 4x6
incline 3x8
Barbell or dumbbell military press 3x8
Close grip bench 3x8.

[quote]Politico wrote:
Been working on a new split coming off a TBT routine. Let me know what you think. Goals are mass, density…yeah…the usual.

day 1
DB Press, 4x6
Gironda neck press(LOVE THIS!), 3x8
Incline DB press, 3x8
Cable cross thinger, 3x8
rope push down, 3x8
dip/seated pushdown machine, 3x8

day 2
dead lift, 5x6
pulldowns, 3x8
DB row, 3x8
pull overs 3x8
incline db curl, 3x8
reverse EZ curl, 3x8

day 3
abs
BB military press, 3x8
DB military press, 3x8
lateral and front raises, 3x8

day 4
off
Bball

day 5
squat or front squat, 4x5
quad extend, 3x8
good mornings, 3x8
calf stuff
DB lunges, 3x8

day 6
off
bball

Day 7
restart or another day off

In the exercises listed with 3x8, that’s more of a goal than a reality. I use enough weight so that I can complete the first set. The second is tougher and I usually can get about 5 or 6 reps on the last set.

So far, in the last 6 weeks I’ve had good gains with just protein powder and creatine. I think this will be the final draft of my plan and I’ll stick with it for the next couple months.

I’m still open for suggestiong or critiques, though.

thanks[/quote]

I would add some more sets, In the split your doing you need to hit those muscles hard because you are allowing a full week for each bodypart to recover. Since your goals are mass,you should add some higher reps in some of your exercises in the 8-12 rep range, also add in some drop-sets to destroy your muscles some more.