Stiff leg deadlifts 3x8
Good Mornings 3x10
Hang Cleans 3x8
Bicep Curls 3x15
Dips 3x30
Hammer curls 3x22
Iso Curls x3

Saturday, Sunday Rest

Well, you’ve got no strength work (i.e. 1-6 rep sets)

Stats right now, age, position, is this season training, etc a little more about yourself.

You could probably go heavier on the lunges and front squats. Using a heavy-bag to do front squats isn’t too bad either(you can kind of have to bear hug it and it’s awkward object.) Or a sandbag or something. I would say throw in some weighted or resistance sprints (football gear right?) I’m not sure what planks 2x1 minute is, but I think it might be a bit low? Try planks at the start of the workout and try to get at least 5 for 1-2minutes. If you can find some weight or a resistance vest, they are hard with planks too.

If you ever feel like it throwing in some heavy step-ups on leg day instead of lunges or front squats, they hit the glutes and hamstrings pretty hard. I see you have “stiff legged deadlifts” on back day, which makes sense, but certain dead-lift variations hit the hamstrings really hard, again, they might be good for leg-day with squats too.

hamstring work is very important for powering through stuff when running and you want to make sure that there’s no imbalance between your quads and hamstrings. It’s easy to let quad development overtake hamstring development. (though each person has different bio-mechanics maybe the box-squats hit your hamstrings well enough. step-ups after box-squats are pretty fun.)

Also with all this leg work, you want to hit the calves as well. The calves are very powerful/strong leg muscles along with the quads/hamstring and they come into epic play during a run or quick rotational movement on the field. Tip toeing and walking on the balls of your feet with weight and a variety of calf raises will probably help. (though just sprinting alone can build epic calves) I would still suggest some standing and seated calf raises, as well as donkey ones.

Go do starting strength or even 5/3/1 for football. You need to get your strength up big time and you’re simply overcomplicating things.

killing some time before my workout so here is some free advice (double-money back garauntee!!)

Monday- Legs
Box Squats- 185 Lbs 8 sets of 3 building up weight each set/ each workout

Glute Ham Raise- keep reps 8 or less & add weight

Front squat, low reps… ramp up weight each week for a while

Tuesday- Speed
Sprints 10,10,20,20,30,30,40,40 yards - Nice
Box Jumps- 5x5 - Nice - make sure you r progressing effort somehow over time- height, weight, etc
Single Leg Box Jump 3x12 (each leg) - do less reps
Jump Lunges 3x12 (each leg) - Nice
Broad Jumps 3x5 - Nice
Depth Jumps 3x5 (each leg) - Nice
Lateral Lunges 3x12

Wednesday Upper Body strength
Bench- 115 Lbs - 5X5 ramp up weight each week
Close Grip Bench Press- 95 Lbs 3x15 - better ramp up weight each week, vary reps
Shoulder Press- 2x14 - i would switch to push press & ramp up weight with sets of 3 - 5
Shoulder Shrugs- 3x12 - fine

Thursday Core
Planks 2x 1 minute
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift 3x12 Each Leg
Double Hop to Bosu ball 3x10
Med Ball leg rotation 3x12 (each leg)
Russian twist on Bosu ball 3x20 with 25 pound plate

Throw in some more squat sets here… say 5x5 with weight you can do fast

Friday Back and Arms
Deadlifts- 135 3x10 - I suggest out of rack 7 far less reps per set, 3 & 5 safe bet
Stiff leg deadlifts 3x8
Good Mornings 3x10 - less reps
Hang Cleans 3x8 - your form probably sucks (maybe not) I say build strength first & have someone teach you the form later
Bicep Curls 3x15 - fine
Dips 3x30 - add weight for sure
Hammer curls 3x22 - fine
Iso Curls x3 - fine

Saturday, Sunday Rest

Thank you everyone for all the great feedback. I am 16 years old 5"8 143 pounds and before the season started these were my maxes:
height-5"8
weight- 152 pounds
bench max- 185 pounds
squat max-225
deadlift max- 275
40 time- 4.7-4.9
i injured my rotator cuff this season pretty badly so im starting off with very low weight on the bench press, and maybe starting with dumbbell bench press

what does 40 time 4.7-4.9 mean???

if it is estimated thats fine… maybe its hand-held vs. electronic?? let us know

1 simple tip for 40 training is to get your 10 yard SMOKIN’!!!

have the same person time you the sme way each time to make sure it is getting faster over time

y would u do speed the day after legs? u should rest atleast a day

The fastest Ive ran was a 4.7 and my average is a 4.9