Critique My First Body Part Split

I would say that Romanian deads, is the type of movement I would choose, if adding deads to a legs day. Deads from the ground would surely put a bit too much stress on lower back, after back squatting. Obviously, this may be individual…I met a guy at gym who is making gains just fine using back squats, then dead lifts as his NEXT exercise. I would certainly not do that.

Another option is doing front squats of legs day to reduce the stress on the lower back and adding any deadlift may not be at issue…Experiment yourself until you find what works.

GJ

[quote]mr popular wrote:
I guess we’re not all as incredibly hardcore as you, Live.

I’m perfectly capable of doing a calf workout after I hit my thighs.[/quote]

i used to be able to do them too. but but who wants to spend that much time in a single session? i dont, i need to eat. you can drop the patronizing shit too, theres tons of people who do an abs+calves day.

Live, Why don’t you like dips for chest? i think they are a great chest exercise and I really feel it there.

Are you sure you lean forward enough when you do them?

because at least for me, when i do dips i feel it mouch more in my triceps than chest. now dips do involve the chest but about the same way a bench press involves the triceps. basically its going to get used but it isnt the method for targeting them. if you want to bring up your chest do dips on your tricep day that way youll still be targeting your main musle for that day but youll also be doing a little chest work too.

as far as feeling it there, are you talking about feeling it in the muscle as DOMS the next day or are you feeling it in the sternum? youre always gonna get some sternum tension from dips but i dont think ive ever gotten doms there. but then again if this is your first bodypart split youre probaly a begginer and it may be plausible. but then again you may not know the difference between sternum tension and DOMS.

A couple of my friends also had trouble feeling dips for their chest (as opposed to their triceps).

I suggested they:

• Let their elbows drift away from their torso instead of tucking them along side of it

• Keep their feet in front of their body (like a 30 degree vertical leg raise) the entire time to force the torso to tilt to the proper angle

• Don’t let your chest cave inwards

Most noticed an improvement

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
because at least for me, when i do dips i feel it mouch more in my triceps than chest. now dips do involve the chest but about the same way a bench press involves the triceps. basically its going to get used but it isnt the method for targeting them. if you want to bring up your chest do dips on your tricep day that way youll still be targeting your main musle for that day but youll also be doing a little chest work too.

as far as feeling it there, are you talking about feeling it in the muscle as DOMS the next day or are you feeling it in the sternum? youre always gonna get some sternum tension from dips but i dont think ive ever gotten doms there. but then again if this is your first bodypart split youre probaly a begginer and it may be plausible. but then again you may not know the difference between sternum tension and DOMS.[/quote]

Dips with a wide grip and while leaning forward do more for my chest than tris… If I lean slightly backwards, then it’s more tris than chest, same for shoulder/armpit-width grip.

I’m going to start Monday with a bulking diet and this:

Monday, Chest:

Flat BB Bench Press 4x6-8
Incline BB Bench 3x8-10
Dips 3x10-12

(I’m doing the range thing but I’m going for the highest number there but if I don’t get it I won’t cry)

Tuesday, Back:

Chins 4x6-8
Pull Ups 3x8-10
DB Rows 3x10-12
T-Bar Rows 3x10-12

Wednesday, OFF

Squat 4x6
Romanian deadlift 3x8-10
Leg Press 3x10-12
Leg Curl 3x10-12
Calf Raises 3x10-12

Friday, OFF

Saturday, Tris, Bis, Shoulders, Abs, mirror muscles basically.

Military Press 4x6-8
Barbell Curls 3x10-12
Close Grip Bench 3x10-12
Revers Crunch 3xFailure
Shoulder Press 3x8-10

Sunday OFF

Any routine that does not include conventional deadlifts sucks in my opinion.

[quote]INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Any routine that does not include conventional deadlifts sucks in my opinion.[/quote]

Oh my…

[quote]INTERNETWARLORD wrote:
Any routine that does not include conventional deadlifts sucks in my opinion.[/quote]

What about rack pulls from below the knee, followed by leg curls?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
why are you doing dips on chest day? either do decline or machine/cable fys.[/quote]

your kidding right?

I think the workout is pretty solid. But I’d lose the chinups. That days seems to be all about the “back” and chinups hit the biceps a litle more(while still hitting the back). Since you have a “arm” day on sat, while not leave bicep work to that day?

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
I think the workout is pretty solid. But I’d lose the chinups. That days seems to be all about the “back” and chinups hit the biceps a litle more(while still hitting the back). Since you have a “arm” day on sat, while not leave bicep work to that day?[/quote]

It depends on how you do the chins, but they are a back movement.