Critique My Fat Burning Diet

Hey guys, been lurking for a while and just curious to know what you think of my current diet.

GOAL: What im trying to acheive at the moment is more of a fat burning phase. I have 12 weeks till i want to be in good shape and i know i sit well at 5kg less then i am. So i have left myself plenty of time. I’m not competing im just doing it for the usual superficial reasons:)

Mon - Fri

7:00AM
5g glutamine
1 multivitamin

• CARDIO - 40 mins steady state cardio (walking)

7.40AM BREAKFAST
40g whey w/ 5g glutamine
1/2 cup of oats w/ skim milk

11.00AM MID MORNING
200G mixed vegies
100G Basmati rice
200G Chicken breast

2.00PM LUNCH
200G mixed vegies
100G basmati rice
200G Tuna

5.00PM MID AFTERNOON
40g whey w/ skim milk
Handful of almonds

6.30PM PRE TRAINING
60g waxy maize (never tried it before but im curious to see what its like)
30g whey

• TRAIN -

8.00PM POST TRAINING
60g waxy maize
30g whey

9.00PM DINNER
200G Lean steak
200G Mixed vegies

10.00PM
40g whey
1 tbsp flax seed oil

What you guys think? Also, on Sunday do you believe an entire junk day is ok? Or better off just going 1 meal.

Thanks!!

In order for anyone to help you, more information is needed. (Height, Weight, Age, Bodyfat, etc.)Also, what do your lifts look like?

Looks like a ton of carbs if you’re trying to lean out.

Height: 5"10
Weight: 89kg (195lb)
Bodyfat: 14-16% According to those scales that calculate it. I cant imagine them being to accurate though? You can just see the outline of my abs

Lifts 1RM:
Bench 150kg
Deadlift 190kg
Squat 160kg ( i know i know thats bad compared to the other lifts)

So i started when i was about 16 but only gotten serious in the last 2 years or so.
Yeah i can see what you mean with the carbs its just the last 3 months my diets been pretty bad so i thought just cleaning it up and adding cardio for the next 4 weeks and the reasses from there? Or still take some out?

Thanks!!

[quote]MaxImpact wrote:

So i started when i was about 16 but only gotten serious in the last 2 years or so.
Yeah i can see what you mean with the carbs its just the last 3 months my diets been pretty bad so i thought just cleaning it up and adding cardio for the next 4 weeks and the reasses from there? Or still take some out?

Thanks!![/quote]

You may see results from just cleaning up the diet.

I’d drop the rice in favor of green veggies.

Okay will drop the rice! How bout EFA’s do you think there is enough in there?

i would say shit one of your glutamine intakes to after your workout, and what the hell is waxy maize? corn starch or seomthing? lol

-Drop Flax in favor of fish oil
-Drop the Rice all together
-Drop the milk.

Experiment with MCTs on non-workout days in favor of oatmeal.

EDIT: Also 120G of quick carbs peri? I think this is simply too much, unless you are doing A Reg-Park style destroy yourself workout. I think to maximize fat burning 40-60g post is fine, and may be even worth dropping considering the other starch sources in your diet.

A one day carb reload is fine ONLY if you are consuming less than 70g carbs a day. Otherwise it just isn’t necessary. Even if your diet was around 70g total CHO, I’d still only recommend it every 1.5-2 weeks depending on leanness and progress. Here you would eat 12xBW in KG in CHO, with 20% kcal from fat, 1.5xBW in lb Pro over 24 hours. It would mostly be for psychological reasons, but some research suggests that it may return leptin levels back to baseline (making you happier, and upregualting fat burning machinery). Water retention, and supramaximal carbohydrate storage would mean in the coming days you could probably hit new PRs and build some muscle… wow I’ve totally gone off topic. Hopefully some of that is useful.