T Nation

Critique My Diet - Looking to Clean Bulk

Doing 5/3/1. 6'1 195 lbs looking to clean bulk

Breakast: (Shake: milk, 2 scoops of whey, scoop of dry oats, 2 tbs peanut butter, tbs of flaxseed)

Workout

PWO: 1.5 scoops of whey with milk

lunch: (1 hour after pwo shake) 1 chicken breast with almonds and brocolli

Snack: canned salmon, almonds, and cucumber

dinner: same as lunch

Snack: greek yougurt, blueberries, and celery on the side

This is not bulking. That is the diet of a spoilt African kid in a country engulfed in civil war...

Dude, I'm cutting right now (5'11", 215) and I'm eating more than that. What are your total calories?

If you're bulking, I'd strongly advise some serious carbs post-workout.

I agree with the first two posters...

Use the search feature, look up articles on bulking... There's a million of them on here...

Pound O Week diet, etc...

Carbs are your friend, it is okay to eat them!

You need to be eating a lot more than "one scoop of dry oats" for your carbs.

Sweet potatoes, red potatoes, baking potatoes, brown rice, some white rice, Ezekiel bread, oatmeal, and a couple of pieces of fruit a day are all good, clean carb sources that you should eat early and often when attempting to "clean bulk."

Other than that you have the right idea, protein, some healthy fats, you just need to take what you have and eat more of it + a lot of the foods that I just mentioned.

increase everything on that list by 2x. add carbs to post workout meal.

x 2 with the carbs.
You have the right idea, just need more of it and more carbs. I would start by breaking down the macro nutrients you are taking in daily, and at 195 lb, I might start with 350-400 grams of carbs and go up from there (because you will increase that). I would consume a large amount of those around your workout and spread them out throughout the day. You can keep the sources clean, but you simply need more carbs.