Critique My DC Routine

Okay. So, I think it’s time that I revisit DC. I went back and looked through my logbook and decided to make some changes. I would greatly appreciate and feedback from those of you that know about DC, or any of you that just have some constructive criticism of my exercise choices.
Thanks in advance.

A1
HS Incline Press 11-15rp
Seated Smith Shoulder Press 15-20rp
Dips 15-20rp
HS Pulldowns 20-30rp
Smith Bent Rows 10-12, 5-8ss

B1
Incline Concentration Curl 20-30rp
Reverse Barbell Curl 11-20ss
Leg Press Calf Raise 10-12ss
Leg Press 4-8ss, Widowmaker
Smith Stiff-Legged Deadlift 10-12ss

A2
Incline Bench 11-15rp
Seated Dumbbell Press 15-30rp
CG Bench Press 11-15rp
Reverse Grip Pulldowns 20-30rp
HS Rows 10-12, 5-8ss

B2
Barbell Curl 20-30rp
Reverse Cable Curl 11-20ss
Seated Calf Raise 10-12ss
Leg Curl 15-20rp
Smith Front Squat 8-10ss, Widowmaker

A3
Hex Press 20-30rp
HS Shoulder Press 15-20rp
Incline Skull Crushers 15-20rp
Rack Chins 20-30rp
Seated Cable Rows 10-12, 5-8ss

B3
Cable Curl 20-30rp
Pinwheel Curl 11-20ss
Standing Calf Raise 10-12ss
Good Mornings 15-20rp
Leg Extensions 6-10ss, Widowmaker

I wonder if having Good Mornings set at 15-20rp is a mistake due to the stress on the lower back. Ideas?

Definitely don’t rest-pause GM’s.

Consider replacing leg extensions with a compound movement.

Consider replacing concentration curls and hex press with something easier on which to progress.

[quote]bcingu wrote:
Definitely don’t rest-pause GM’s.

Consider replacing leg extensions with a compound movement.

Consider replacing concentration curls and hex press with something easier on which to progress.[/quote]

Agreed on all points.

I also might consider doing the widow maker for your front squat day on a different leg press, machine hack, or HS squat if you have access to any of those. Having the bar against your throat while trying to gut out a WM isn’t very comfortable IME. If you’ve done it in the past and were ok or don’t have access to something else then go ahead with your current plan though.

I’d also consider going up to 20-30rp for your incline skull crushers (or dropping the skull crushers entirely in favor of PJR’s, or dead stop extensions as those tend to be easier on the elbows).

Finally, unless you have some sort of lower back injury that you didn’t mention I would suggest replacing one of your rowing exercises with a deadlift variation (rack deads would be my personal choice). Not saying that all rowing exercises for back thickness won’t work though, again just feel that rack deads will better hit the upper back better.

Turn the GM into a straight set for 10-15 reps. =)

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback. I’ll make the changes.

Also, I was wondering what PJR’s are. And, the rack in my gym doesn’t have pins, so it would be hard to do rack pulls. Any other ideas?

Thanks a bunch for the video. I’ll go ahead and add those. Funny thing is that I was using pullovers as my triceps exercise my first time around.

[quote]J. Prufrock wrote:
Also, I was wondering what PJR’s are. And, the rack in my gym doesn’t have pins, so it would be hard to do rack pulls. Any other ideas?[/quote]

You could try dead lifting off blocks/boxes if you have those. If not, then yeah, rowing variations are probably gonna be your best bet.

Thanks, Sento. Much appreciated.