B1. Seated Shoulder Press 3x8
B2. Lat Pulldown 3x8

Sunday

1. DEADLIFT 5x2

A1. Good Morning 5x5
A2. Cleans 5x5
B1. GHR 3x8
B2. Leg Press 3x8

I may drop the 2nd leg day, as I have some slight knee problems, and have trouble recovering from leg day that soon. It all depends.

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
TUESDAY

1. Bench Press 5x2

A1. CG Incline 5x5
A2. T-Bar Rows 5x5
B1. Incline DB Press 3x8
B2. Bent over Rows

THURSDAY

1. SQUAT 5x2

A1. Front Squat 5x5
A2. Good Morning 5x5
B1. Leg Press 3x8
B2. GHR 3x8

SATURDAY

1. PUSH PRESS 5x2

A1. Weighted Dips 5x5
A2. Chins 5x5
B1. Seated Shoulder Press 3x8
B2. Lat Pulldown 3x8

Sunday

1. DEADLIFT 5x2

A1. Good Morning 5x5
A2. Cleans 5x5
B1. GHR 3x8
B2. Leg Press 3x8

I may drop the 2nd leg day, as I have some slight knee problems, and have trouble recovering from leg day that soon. It all depends. [/quote]

Seems solid to me, though I would make a few changes. I’d get rid of the leg press and replace it with split squats or walking lunges. I’d also think of substituting the overhead squat for the front squat if you’re able to. Besides this, it seems pretty simple and effective.

Give it a go and see how it works out.

I like it, but what is the goal of your program? That’s the most important thing.

Hey yoda,

My basic goal is to put on mass and add strength. Nothing to specific right now.

I plan to followup with a “westside like” program. Hence, all those questions on the other thread. haha

Looks ok to me then, just make sure that you only take the first one or two exercises really heavy. It’s easy to burn out doing really heavy 5x5 day after day with several lifts per session. One thing I think is useful is this: don’t try to get super strong on every lift you do. Pick one or 2 for upper body and lower body and get strong in those lifts, using assistance to help those lifts specifically. Then, the added strength from perfecting one lift will add the size you want because the tension will get high. You’ll never get that really high level if you try to go heavy on everything because you can’t be super strong on every single lift. If that wasn’t clear enough let me know.

Looks solid. Just replace the leg press with a unilateral quad dominant movment. For your vertical pulling, you may want to use a different grip on the lat pulldown.

Thanks konstantine. Appreciate your thoughts.

Man I had a brutal leg workout yesterday.

You’re welcome my friend.

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Thanks konstantine. Appreciate your thoughts.

Man I had a brutal leg workout yesterday.[/quote]

I’d say for you first lift of each day, spend a little more time on it. Do 10 x 2 insteead of 5, spend like 20 minutes lifting hard and heavy. Then, for your first 1-2 assistance lifts hit them hard but not super heavy (5-8 reps) and for anything else do 6+ reps with a relatively light weight.

Thanks Yoda,

My only concern is that I am aiming for maximal strength. The higher volume take longer and may not allow me to train in the upper 90% ranges.

Yeah, I structured my assistance work in the 5 ranges, but you recommended me not to try and get super strong at every lift.

Thanks for your help!

-The Truth

quote]Yoda-x wrote:
I’d say for you first lift of each day, spend a little more time on it. Do 10 x 2 insteead of 5, spend like 20 minutes lifting hard and heavy. Then, for your first 1-2 assistance lifts hit them hard but not super heavy (5-8 reps) and for anything else do 6+ reps with a relatively light weight.[/quote]

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
Thanks Yoda,

My only concern is that I am aiming for maximal strength. The higher volume take longer and may not allow me to train in the upper 90% ranges.
[/quote]

My thought is, if you’re set on doing sets of 2 you’ll be working with <95% and >85%, so you won’t be in max range. If you want max strength, one day (or week) do sets of 2, then one week do like 10 x 1, with 6-8 at 90-95 and 2-4 at 95%+.