Critique My Current Routine/Split

After lurking these forums for years I have decided to join , there are tons of informed people here and I would really appreciate if the good people of t nation would give my routine the once over.
By the way my goal is and has always been :mass and a balanced physique.

Monday: back/biceps
10 min warm up cardio.
Wide pulldowns: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Row attachment pulldowns: 3sets 6-10 reps
Underhand barbell rows: 3sets 6-10 reps
Machine rows: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Deadlifts: 3sets 6-8 reps

Hammer curls:3 sets 6-8 reps
Barbell curls 6-8 reps

Tuesday :chest /triceps
Cardio warm up
Incline bench press:3 sets 6-10 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Bench press : 3 sets 6-10 reps
Cable flys:3 sets 6-10 reps

Tricep dips: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Pushdowns with row attachment: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Straight bar tricep pushdowns: 2 sets 6-8 reps

Wensday: legs
Warm up cardio
Narrow squats : 3 sets 6-8 reps
Narrow leg press: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Lunges : 3 sets 6-8 each leg
Stiff legged deadlift: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Leg curls : 3 sets 6-8 reps
Seated leg curls: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Leg press calf press: 5 sets 10-15 reps

Thursday-Friday :off

Saturday : abs/calfs/arms

Warm up cardio
Ab work: 5-10 min
Seated calf raises: 5sets 10-15 reps
Hammer curls : 4 sets 6-8 reps
Dips: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Superset
Dumbbell curls : 3 sets 6-8 reps
Rowing attachment pushdowns: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Superset
Preacher curls: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Tricep pushdowns :6 sets 6-8 reps

Sunday : shoulders/traps
Warm up cardio
Rear delt machine flys:4 sets 8-10 reps
Leaning cable lateral raises: 5 sets 6-10 reps
Military barbell press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Smith machine wide shoulder press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Rear shrugs: 3 sets 6-8 reps.

My main goal is to improve my shoulders and arms have always been difficult areas for me. This routine has brought me great growth in both these areas, I should probably note this is a more streamline version of my routine as I tend to get over zealous and over train my arms and shoulders.
Any advice and criticism is greatly appreciated .

[quote]Ahkamasotn wrote:
After lurking these forums for years I have decided to join , there are tons of informed people here and I would really appreciate if the good people of t nation would give my routine the once over.
By the way my goal is and has always been :mass and a balanced physique.

Monday: back/biceps
10 min warm up cardio.
Wide pulldowns: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Row attachment pulldowns: 3sets 6-10 reps
Underhand barbell rows: 3sets 6-10 reps
Machine rows: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Deadlifts: 3sets 6-8 reps

Hammer curls:3 sets 6-8 reps
Barbell curls 6-8 reps

Tuesday :chest /triceps
Cardio warm up
Incline bench press:3 sets 6-10 reps
Incline dumbbell press: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Bench press : 3 sets 6-10 reps
Cable flys:3 sets 6-10 reps

Tricep dips: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Pushdowns with row attachment: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Straight bar tricep pushdowns: 2 sets 6-8 reps

Wensday: legs
Warm up cardio
Narrow squats : 3 sets 6-8 reps
Narrow leg press: 3 sets 6-10 reps
Lunges : 3 sets 6-8 each leg
Stiff legged deadlift: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Leg curls : 3 sets 6-8 reps
Seated leg curls: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Leg press calf press: 5 sets 10-15 reps

Thursday-Friday :off

Saturday : abs/calfs/arms

Warm up cardio
Ab work: 5-10 min
Seated calf raises: 5sets 10-15 reps
Hammer curls : 4 sets 6-8 reps
Dips: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Superset
Dumbbell curls : 3 sets 6-8 reps
Rowing attachment pushdowns: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Superset
Preacher curls: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Tricep pushdowns :6 sets 6-8 reps

Sunday : shoulders/traps
Warm up cardio
Rear delt machine flys:4 sets 8-10 reps
Leaning cable lateral raises: 5 sets 6-10 reps
Military barbell press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Smith machine wide shoulder press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Rear shrugs: 3 sets 6-8 reps.

My main goal is to improve my shoulders and arms have always been difficult areas for me. This routine has brought me great growth in both these areas, I should probably note this is a more streamline version of my routine as I tend to get over zealous and over train my arms and shoulders.
Any advice and criticism is greatly appreciated .
[/quote]

nothing is wrong with your routine, personally though I’d add movements specifically for the long head of your triceps if you want to improve them, like pjr pullovers.

and personally I find dips are better towards the end of an arm routine after pre-exausting the triceps especially if your doing tricep dips on a chest day a good movement is for this is simply doing rope tricep extensions with slow amazing form for sets of 15-20.

Those pushdowns with row attachment really hit the long head of the tricep I can feel it all the way to my elbow, I do rotate with over heads thought.
Dips are my bread and butter lol , I will try the rope though , thank you.

If shoulders are also a priority, why are you only hitting them once a week? (Genuine question; not a criticism)

Also, several people on here recommend high-rep (20-35+) heavy partial laterals, a la John Meadows.

This was a good read: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/shoulders_what_are_you_doing_1?id=2360814&pageNo=0

[quote]LoRez wrote:
If shoulders are also a priority, why are you only hitting them once a week? (Genuine question; not a criticism)

Also, several people on here recommend high-rep (20-35+) heavy partial laterals, a la John Meadows.

This was a good read: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/shoulders_what_are_you_doing_1?id=2360814&pageNo=0[/quote]

I was doing a small second day of shoulders but I noticed i would take too long 1:40+ in the gym. Where do u think it would be good to incorporate in my routine ? . I have tried higher reps on all my body parts, I don’t grow unfortunately , I also lost some strength and size by doing that before. Thanks for the good read.

Aside from what everybody said, I don’t think you should do Back/Biceps the day before Chest/Tricep. It will make your benching performance go down because your heavy stabilizers are now shot. Yes it could be even just 5-10-15 pounds, but why do that if you don’t need to?You’re only on a 1x a week frequency as it is.

I don’t like the following routine,but it is merely an EXAMPLE of something you could do. Hopefully you get the point,and you could make it better. You have a day where you do ONLY shoulders,and a day where you do ONLY arms. On other days, you will add side/rear delts onto the Chest/Back day. Your arms will also be done after Chest/Back; therefore they have 2x a week frequency while having another day dedicated to just them alone

Mon- Shoulders (Do all shoulder heads)
Tue- Quads/Hams
Wed- Chest/Triceps (+Side Delts)
Thu- Back/Biceps (+Rear Delts)
Fri- Off
Sat- Bicep/Triceps
Sun- Off

Is there a reason you are taking thursday-friday off specifically instead of breaking up your rest days?

I would probably skip the specific arm, calf, and ab day and instead add those on to some of your other workouts. Your abs can easily handle a couple times a week and you’re already hitting biceps and triceps on other days. I’d also suggest doing two leg days, one more for quads and one more for hams. You can just add some calf exercises on to the end of those.

I would consider something like:

MON-Shoulders/Tris
TUE-Back/Bis
WED-Legs(Quad dominant)/Calf
THU-OFF
FRI-CHEST/Tris
SAT-Legs(HAM dominant)/Calf
SUN-OFF

Abs after two or three of the days when you have some extra time.