Critique My Berardi Diet

Take a look at the last three days of my Berardi diet. I’m trying to take in about 35g fibre per day, and today I’ve managed 24g, so I’m slowly getting a handle on that.

What I’m really worried about is my fat situation. I’m worried that I’m taking in too much saturated fats and I have no idea what my n-3 to n-6 ratio is or saturated to mono to polyunsaturated fats is.

Advice? Observations?

Day 1

spinach - 6 cups
black olives - 100 grams
feta cheese - 100 grams
1 tomato
1/3 red onion
chicken breast (boneless, skinless) - 13oz
carrots - 1/2 cup
canned pineapples - 8 rings
40 grapes
canned salmon
low-fat miracle whip - 2 tbsp
relish - 1 tsp
almonds - 1oz
2 eggs

Totals = 2542.8 cals, 216.63g prot, 97.75g fat, 181.54g carbs, 12g fibre

Day 2

feta cheese - 60g
chicken breast (as above) - 17oz
1 tomato
spinach - 4 cups
1/3 red onion
jasmine rice (post-WO) - 4.5oz
80 grapes
cashews - 1oz
black olives - 64g
almonds - 1oz
walnuts - 1oz

Totals = 2531.25 cals, 242.36g prot, 96.6g fat, 147.77g carbs, 10g fibre

Day 3

40 grapes
brussel sprouts - 1 cup
beans - 1 cup
chicken - 15oz
olives/w almonds
cashews - 2oz
almonds - 1oz
walnuts - 1oz
whole baby clams canned

Totals = 2140 cals, 205.5g prot, 85.5g fat, 126.4g carbs, 17g fibre

Most people choose to supplement with flax oil, milled flax seeds, Udo’s Choice oil, fish oil or something of that nature.

Basically, other than fish and flax, there aren’t too many sources of n-3 fats out there.

My guess is you’ll just have to dig deeper into product labels to differentiate the fats contained, or look your foods up on an online nutritional guide.

It’s possible, but I can’t imagine that Berardi will want to do that for you…

[quote]vroom wrote:
It’s possible, but I can’t imagine that Berardi will want to do that for you…[/quote]

Yeah, I feel bad about that. I actually was just trying to say that it was a Berardi-based diet. Now I sound like a diva or something. :frowning:

Hopefully I’ll still get replies from people here.

Guess what? It turns out I can edit so I don’t sound like an ass.

I guess I didn’t want a macrovalue breakdown. I was hoping could look at my foods and say, “This looks fairly even for not supplementing with oils.” or “This is really skewed, get some oils immediately and try to reduce saturated fat.”

Do you actually count 40 grapes?

Well canned salmon is full of fish oil and omega-3s, so there is some.

Enter your diet on fitday.com it will break down your fats into sats/poly/mono. You will have to figure out your ratio of omega 3 to 6 yourself though.

[quote]got_beer? wrote:
Do you actually count 40 grapes? [/quote]

It’s not as anal retentive as it sounds. Just take five grapes at a time then count how many handfuls of grapes you eat throughout the day.

How big are you–Height, weight, approx. bodyfat percentage?
Day three looked really low in calories. Are you trying to build muscle or lose fat?

[quote]Axel wrote:
How big are you–Height, weight, approx. bodyfat percentage?
Day three looked really low in calories. Are you trying to build muscle or lose fat?
[/quote]

I’m six feet tall, 215 pounds, and 20% bodyfat according to my bathroom scale, which I just use as a reference of BF change.

I don’t know how to take accurate BF measurements because I’m a former fat bastard and skin calipers don’t work on my saggy skin.

I’m trying to get down to 180-185.

What is a “oz” anyway? Is a x grams? Is it x volume (like a bit bigger then a “slice”)? Whaaat?

An ounce (oz) is a unit of measure. It can be used for both weight if measuring a soild, Ex 16oz = 1 pound. Or it can be used to measure volume if measuring a liquid, in which case it is refered to as a Fluid Ounce (fl.oz.) For a point of referance, a soda can = 355 mL = 12oz.

1 oz = 28 grams