Critique My 4 Day Split

Need a new routine. Been on my old one too long and there are a couple of exercises I dont like in it and some days are to long. So I have attempted to put together my own routine, please suggest any improvements in changing of exercises and order they are carried out.

My overall aim is to gain mass.

Sets = 3
Reps = 8
Break = 1.30 mins

Day 1 - Chest n Triceps
1.Bench Press
2.Dumbbell Inc. Bench
3.Dips
4.Cable Cross over
5.Smith machine Close grip bench?
6.Push downs

Day 2 - Legs n lower back
1.Back Squat
2.Deadlift
3.Leg press
4.Leg calve curl
5.Seated calves
6.Leg extension

Day 3 - Upper back n Biceps
1.Pull ups
2.Bent over row
3.Seated rope cable rows to neck
4.EZ barbell curl
5.Alternating rotating dumbbell curl
6.??

Day 4 - Abs n shoulders
1.Seated D/B Military Press
2.D/B lateral raise
3.Smith machine upright row
4.Lying down leg raises
5.Cable Crunch
6.??

Thanks for any help.

Still seems like a lot of work, dips, cgbp, and Pd’s in one day with 2 other pressing lifts is a lot.

Id drop pd’s and probably the cables for day 1

day 2 you are asking for a lot squats, deads, and leg press is more than enough work and frankly if you can still do leg extensions with a respectable weight then you arent going heavy enough on squats or deads.
I perfer to have squat and dead on sep days, but if you keep it that way id drop the leg extensions

day 3- 5 things are more than enough, how long between day 2 and day 3? Deads should cause enough trauma to your back to have another back day within 48 hrs unwise

day 4 seems fine, id move uprights to barbell instead. Many dont like upright rows for various reasons I think they are fine, personally id pick a wide grip about shoulder width maybe a little wider works the delts more than the bis

[quote]bonerjams98 wrote:
Still seems like a lot of work, dips, cgbp, and Pd’s in one day with 2 other pressing lifts is a lot.

day 2 you are asking for a lot squats, deads, and leg press is more than enough work and frankly if you can still do leg extensions with a respectable weight then you arent going heavy enough on squats or deads.
I perfer to have squat and dead on sep days, but if you keep it that way id drop the leg extensions

[/quote]

What kind of a pansy are you?

[quote]mr popular wrote:

[/quote]

What kind of a pansy are you?[/quote]

So you are saying on day 1 it makes sense to do 5 lifts that use triceps? besides what will pd’s and flies do for mass? The bread and butter of chest and tris are bench db/barbell, dips, close grip, and tri extensions.

Also my point about squats, deads, and leg press makes sense you can hit your quads really well on squats and leg press why add another? If you think its a wise decision to do leg extensions after those 3 then you probably arent doing enough weight or sets.

So you are saying on day 1 it makes sense to do 5 lifts that use triceps?[/quote]

Yes. Why the hell wouldn’t it?

Why wouldn’t pushdowns and flies build muscle mass? Do you think they are some kind of magic exercise that won’t produce results even though you’re progressively overloading them?

That is just an arbitrary list of exercises.

[quote] Also my point about squats, deads, and leg press makes sense you can hit your quads really well on squats and leg press why add another? If you think its a wise decision to do leg extensions after those 3 then you probably arent doing enough weight or sets.

[/quote]

Or maybe you’re just a pansy.

Thanks for the help. Well the small number of comments that are actually aimed at the origional post anyway.

So for day 1
Day 1 - Chest n Triceps
1.Bench Press
2.Dumbbell Inc. Bench
3.Dips
4.Cable Cross over
5.Smith machine Close grip bench?

Exercise 6 ? Maybe Tricep pull down ? Or what other tricep pull exercises would you suggest? As I do already have enough push exercises.

To be honest- you’re approaching this the wrong way.

Rather than say “I want to do X things a day/week- what can I fill them with?”, approach it as “ok, here are the things that will give me the best results, what is the best way to organize them?”

For Day 2 - Legs n lower back
1.Back Squat
2.Deadlift
3.Leg press
4.Leg calve curl
5.Seated calves

Will these 5 exercises hit all my leg muscles? Or am I missing any?

[quote]Beach wrote:
For Day 2 - Legs n lower back
1.Back Squat
2.Deadlift
3.Leg press
4.Leg calve curl
5.Seated calves

Will these 5 exercises hit all my leg muscles? Or am I missing any?[/quote]

That’s pretty similar to what I do for my leg/lower back day.

Anyone have any opinions as to if that’s too much? I.E. is it going past the point of muscle stimulation, and just excessively fatiguing the muscles (and therefore just increasing recovery time/decreasing the effectiveness of the next workout)?

Are you fresh enough to do the workout again when leg/lower back day comes in again?

At the moment the only supp I take is whey protein. Was thinking about adding creatine. Whats everyones thoughts on this? Im about 190lb and was thinking about taking 3 - 5g with breakfast and then 3 - 5g post workout? (On a side note im only 17, not sure if this would change anyones orgional views)