Critique Da Diet!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I don’t care for debating either. We’ve had debates already here on the topic. I just really don’t see what’s going on here. You’ll see all over fitness forums and Face Book people vilifying dairy and graings. I just don’t get it, as people have been doing just fine for a long, LONG time with dairy and grains.

I don’t have any gastric upset. I can eat a large sandwich with cheese or a wheat pizza and not feel a thing. [/quote]

^^Cause its the cool new thing to do. Everyones looking for the next big thing and right now its dairy and wheat/grains (thanks a lot paleo diet crossfit homos lol)

i know first hand about wheat/grain intolerance because my girlfriend has a gluten free diet (and so I pretty much eat gluten free since we live together and cook most meals together) I’ve seen what a difference it has made for her to stop eating gluten so I get that…

EDIT: I dont dislike paleo dieters and/or crossfit (for the most part) I just thought it might get a chuckle or two :slight_smile:

Why do people make it sound like 95% of the world’s population can’t handle wheat and dairy?

Brick’s not nomming on nitrate-cured bacon all day. But he’s going to die because he had cheese on wheat? Bah.

I guess I’m part of the 5% that has an extraordinary digestive system.

EDIT: I’m not being bitchy, just venting; I’ve encountered quite a bit of pushy Paleos in my day, so I take my frustration out on the innocent… :smiley:

Epic diet fail
Fat and carbs in the same meal? Preposterous!
Grains and dairy? Ridiculous!
3 mile run? Insane!

J/K

If you can handle the grains and dairy without a drop in performance, energy, or mood then more power to ya.
If you do not eat exactly as I, you are a:
Sexist
Racist
Communist
Prolly a normal person actually : )

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
Why do people make it sound like 95% of the world’s population can’t handle wheat and dairy?

Brick’s not nomming on nitrate-cured bacon all day. But he’s going to die because he had cheese on wheat? Bah.

EDIT: I’m not being bitchy, just venting; I’ve encountered quite a bit of pushy Paleos in my day, so I take my frustration out on the innocent… :D[/quote]

Agreed. If you truly ARE paranoid about food allergies, you can obtain a blood test for $175 that tests 95 different types of food (including the dreaded grains and milk). This particular panel would test for IgG, not IgE, so it does not consider the serious food allergies that result in anaphylaxis.

But, no one would ever consider doing that… because then, they might find they have no reason to be so smug about their dietary habits.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I don’t have any gastric upset. I can eat a large sandwich with cheese or a wheat pizza and not feel a thing. [/quote]

Fantastic!

I’m happy for you, truly. I just can’t eat like that and not get debilitating pain from my epigastric region.

And whilst many of my clients don’t get overt symptoms like I do, they all perform and look a lot better when they eliminate wheat and dairy.

If they were as robust as you Brick, then i guess they wouldn’t be my clients, now would they :wink:

BBB[/quote]

No doubt! And thanks!

You know I like you and your posts and the PMs we’ve shared.

So anything I say on this is just on the topic, on the OP. Don’t want to get in some flame wars about the topic at hand which for some reason turns into personal flaming on here.

Does the Clif bar really help anything before your run? I would try leaving it out to see.

The Clif bar is not necessary, but I go long without eating because I only eat 3 meals per day. I just feel more comfortable physically and mentally having a snack before workouts.

I have a Clif Bar; yogurt and granola; raisins and nuts; or banana with some peanut butter before workouts. I don’t use peri-workout nutrition shakes.

I still don’t see what we are critiquing if you aren’t trying to build muscle or lose fat?

and why don’t you have peri-workout shakes?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I don’t care for debating either. [/quote]

Suuuuure…and so why did you create this thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

EDIT: I’m not being bitchy, just venting; I’ve encountered quite a bit of pushy Paleos in my day, so I take my frustration out on the innocent… :D[/quote]

I can’t speak about dairy, but in my experience, I look, feel and perform waaaay better when I limit my grains to every once in a while rather than every meal. It’s HUGE for me. I still eat some pancakes, some baked goods on occasion, but limiting them from diet is the best thing I’ve ever done for my health! So I can understand how people get on that bandwagon.

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I don’t care for debating either. [/quote]

Suuuuure…and so why did you create this thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
[/quote]

I was semi-buzzed from a few glasses of wine here and decided to type out my currently less-than-stellar diet because of the trend to post diets. I actually don’t know why I made the thread now that I think of it.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
and why don’t you have peri-workout shakes?[/quote]

After twelve years of using protein powders, I developed an aversion to them. I do like bars though.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

After twelve years of using protein powders, I developed an aversion to them. I do like bars though. [/quote]
Ah that sucks dude.

I still think you are an attention whore for starting this thread. :stuck_out_tongue: Especially after your new profound love for ‘general fitness’-ness.

Aaand nevermind about my last post because I just read your response to Deb. I’m glad you posted anyways because I always like to see what folks are eating.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

After twelve years of using protein powders, I developed an aversion to them. I do like bars though. [/quote]
Ah that sucks dude.

I still think you are an attention whore for starting this thread. :stuck_out_tongue: Especially after your new profound love for ‘general fitness’-ness.[/quote]

I think so too . :slight_smile:

But at least I’m staying out of the BB section.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Aaand nevermind about my last post because I just read your response to Deb. I’m glad you posted anyways because I always like to see what folks are eating.[/quote]

This makes me LOL for some reason