Critique Cardio Program

Ok I?m trying to design a cardio program for my lifting class, with main goals to improve bf % and speed. We have about 8 minutes per roation and little over 1/2 hour. The first and last rotation will be a stretch and some ab work (unless I should run more?).

120yd Sprint x4
Rest 60 sec between each sprint

60yd Sprint x4
Rest 30 sec between each sprint

Cone Work x8 (various setup)
Rest 1 Minute

Suggestions?

Anybody?

What does your lifting program look like?

How old are you?

What?s your training age?

How stressful is your life?

Is your diet in order?

To design a truly effective program we need more info.

A general program (sample) might look like this:
Sprint session # 1:
100m x 1, 100m x 1
100m x 1, 100m x 2
100m x 2, 100m x 2
100m x 1, 100m x 2
100m x 1, 100m x 1
Rest intervals= 1:30
Total volume= 1400m

Sprint session # 2:
50m x 5
40m x 4
30m x 3
20m x 2
10m x 5
Rest intervals= 30sec?1minute, depending on how you fell.
Total volume= 590m
Total volume for both sessions= 1990m

Just my .02.

[quote]BOSS wrote:
What does your lifting program look like?

How old are you?

What?s your training age?

How stressful is your life?

Is your diet in order?

[/quote]

Thanks for the help so far. My lifting program is a little off due to my back injury, by I still am able to get a few good workouts in a week. I’m 17 and have been training for about 1.5yrs. My life isn’t to stressfull other thans school and I always eat clean.

i don’t know what kind intensity you are talking about as far as your sprinting goes but the rest periods are way too low to maintain any decent intensity for many sets if these are unexperienced sprinters. Sprinting is not only taxing on atp syntesis but also neurally.

Also you need to start the class on smaller distances and work your way up to longer distances as the class progresses and becomes more efficient. Start off with longer rest periods and then start decreasing the rest periods slowly.

Rememebr that form is important and that individuals have a different learning curve so it might be wise to maybe group people according to performance. This is not time to worry about people’s egos when it comes to proper training. just my thoughts. laters pk

[quote]pkradgreek wrote:
i don’t know what kind intensity you are talking about as far as your sprinting goes but the rest periods are way too low to maintain any decent intensity for many sets if these are unexperienced sprinters. Sprinting is not only taxing on atp syntesis but also neurally.

Also you need to start the class on smaller distances and work your way up to longer distances as the class progresses and becomes more efficient. Start off with longer rest periods and then start decreasing the rest periods slowly.

Rememebr that form is important and that individuals have a different learning curve so it might be wise to maybe group people according to performance. This is not time to worry about people’s egos when it comes to proper training. just my thoughts. laters pk[/quote]

Thanks for the help. I started this program today and after 8 minutes of sprinting and resting I just started puking. It was a very humbling experience, because although I may be one of the strongest people in my class I am definitely not in shape (at least when it comes to running.