Critique and Suggestions

I just did the excalibur show in Dec 2006, I came in excatly 176 1/4 but still I feel like I need more fullness and more size for my weight class…

I’m 5’8 and I believe I may do better in light heavy class to bring up the same physique in the same proportions but bigger any advice wether I should stick to middle weight or move up to light heavy. I will be entering the USA next year and I dont know what would be a smarter move for me…

I think you could do better at light heavy. But that’s my uncultured, unprofessional opinion TEHEHE. I can see you weighing 15-25lbs more though.

Thanx for the response…I gota year to gain 15 - 20 lbs…Impossible?? not really, but its not gona come easy…haha

Youd look pretty nasty as a lightheavy. You look really dense at 176. I say go for it.

I mean, no one in this sport ever sets a maximum size do they? (excluding the crossfit-“get jacked with kettlebells like the guys from 300” guys)

First off, nice physique. If you are doing the USA in one year you might want to stay in the current weight class and try to maximize that class. You could gain about 5-9lbs. of LBM and come in about 5-9lbs. leaner and dryer… Then maybe take two years off from competing and step up in classes…just a thought. Keep up the hard work.

another thought is to weigh in on Friday and then carb load like crazy to super-compensate you muscles with glycogen so you appear bigger and harder on stage. You could litterly weigh in at 176 1/4 the night befor, then be like 178 on stage! You do look pretty hard in your pics so 5 lbs is probably all the additonal LBM you will be able to swap for BF and water for the USA if you decide to stay in middle weight.

I think you’re right for the most part…but then again I probably could try to come in leaner and more shredded…with that being said I gota go visit the coloseum…haha Train with big bad Milos see if he can try to get me leaner from last year and if he can I’d like to know what changes he would make for me…cuz the person he beat me at the Excalibur was being trained by milos for the asian games…he looked damn good too…

BDB

Your delts looks pretty gnarly in that back double bicep shot, and your quads are crazy shredded. Keep up the good work and best of luck in the future…start a journal thread here and keep us updated!

Did you happen to notice there’s a dead guy behind you?

Hahaha…dead guy that’s funny shit. Yeah, I’ve noticed a lot of people brought blankets and slept out in between call outs…I mean you worked this hard to show off your physique and you sleep…shit I’m up and atom taking photos enjoying the day…

Excellent physique.

[quote]Hypertrophykid wrote:
BDB[/quote]

Look very nice

Solid bro, looking great. How did you like that show? I heard there were way too many competitors and the times between the morning’s pre-judging and finals at night were long as hell. How did you deal with that?

I have never competed but have a lot of friends and clients that have and it always amazes me you guys can find the energy and will power in-between and then get back on stage at night.

A

[quote]Hypertrophykid wrote:
My name is Joel Fayad I just did the excalibur show in Dec 2006, I came in excatly 176 1/4 but still I feel like I need more fullness and more size for my weight class…

I’m 5’8 and I believe I may do better in light heavy class to bring up the same physique in the same proportions but bigger any advice wether I should stick to middle weight or move up to light heavy. I will be entering the USA next year and I dont know what would be a smarter move for me…[/quote]

Looking great but, are you naked in the first pic?! :slight_smile:

You’re right there was a lot of competitors in my class it was rediculous…a lot of figure women, they always take the longest cuz they’re sooooooo many of them they’re like antz…in my class the middle weights open alone had around 19 guys!

but figure there was close to 100 women competing so it took a while…but over-all show I liked the show cuz of the trophies =) they give out bad ass freakin trophies lol I still hate the pump up room at the veterans memorial auditorium it sucks!

wish they would upgrade it and it’s sooooo small and a bunch of dudes are there sweating, smellin like spam, conola oil and tanning shit…that’s the only thing I would change…I know the figure girls are just as upset and eager to get done as well as the men do so…

its all good everyone needs their 15 min, I prepared 3 months for this whats another couple hours or so…

and no…Im not naked, if I was you would see more figure girls surounding me…lol my # is on the bottom left handside…I have my posing trunks on…I’ve actually been asked that once b4…haha dude are you naked??

NOOO you think id be standing there at prejudging nude?? infront of bunch of gay dudes who are willing to pay top $$$ to be naked and pose for free…atleast if I was gona pose nude Id get some $$$ out of it haha, but still I wouldn’t pose nude for anyone…I gota jealous Girlfriend

Wow, man. I don’t know how you placed so low, you have a great physique, you clearly worked very hard. Good work man, keep it up. Like everyone has been saying, I could see you gaining 10-25 more pounds and still be as gnarly as you look now.

I dont understand by placed low? 2nd in the open, novice 1st and overall? I wanted first but the guy who beat me deserved to win 1st place…

I appologize, I read the whole thing wrong, I thought I read you placed low - my bad, I was reading the forum way too fast. I’m super impressed man, shit.