T Nation

Criticize My Routine

So I did athletics(shot put)and started BB 9 months ago but I did weight lifting, mostly military,bench,clean and squat, few other.I started BB and did HIT training with very good succes(20lbs muscle in 4 month),but now i need a change.I am 195 lbs(87kg),186 cm tall(6"1-2),BF about 8-9%.In lifting weight im ok, i do 240 squat,260 deadlift,208 bench…

1:
workout 1
Bench press 3x4-8
Dips 3x6-8
Military press 3x4-6
+ABS or Calves

workout 2
pull up 3x6
T bar row 3x6-8
BB row 3x6
+ABS or Calves

Workout 3
Front squat 3x8
Squat 3x8
Deadlift3x8

By days 123 123 off 123 123 off
so 6 days on 1 off

Q:Would you reccomend me to do twice a day workout with more emphasis on smaller muscles like direct delts and arms work and some olympicl lifts?

[quote]Dorian12345 wrote:
I started BB and did HIT training with very good succes(20lbs muscle in 4 month),but now i need a change.[/quote]
Why? If it ain’t broke …

Steps you should take:

1. Define a goal (use S.M.A.R.T)
  2. Make a plan that will take you from where you are to your goal.
  • Include Diet
    **Include a lifting routine of your choosing designed by a professional.

For your routine reference:

I started BB and did HIT training with very good succes(20lbs muscle in 4 month),but now i need a change.I am 195 lbs(87kg),186 cm tall(6"1-2),BF about 8-9%.In lifting weight im ok, i do 240 squat,260 deadlift,208 bench…[/quote]
Sounds like you’ve gained some muscle (which was necessary at your height and former weight), but haven’t really gained much strength. That can be a common issue with HIT training, because the emphasis isn’t usually on building strength with that style of lifting.

x2 on pretty much everything JLone said. If you’ve been happy with your results, stick with the general plan (though it could definitely be improved). Ideally, your lower body strength “should” even higher than your upper body strength (Having your squat and bench so close is a sign of a problem somewhere). Get on a better training program, pretty much any of the ones already mentioned.

Definitely not.

Definitely yes.

Sure, it’s not a bad idea.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

I started BB and did HIT training with very good succes(20lbs muscle in 4 month),but now i need a change.I am 195 lbs(87kg),186 cm tall(6"1-2),BF about 8-9%.In lifting weight im ok, i do 240 squat,260 deadlift,208 bench…[/quote]
Sounds like you’ve gained some muscle (which was necessary at your height and former weight), but haven’t really gained much strength. That can be a common issue with HIT training, because the emphasis isn’t usually on building strength with that style of lifting.

x2 on pretty much everything JLone said. If you’ve been happy with your results, stick with the general plan (though it could definitely be improved). Ideally, your lower body strength “should” even higher than your upper body strength (Having your squat and bench so close is a sign of a problem somewhere). Get on a better training program, pretty much any of the ones already mentioned.

Definitely not.

Definitely yes.

Sure, it’s not a bad idea.[/quote]
i wrote it bad,my squat is 70lbs bigger than bench

but why do u think training twice day would be bad (if i only trained 4 times a week)?

i wrote it bad,my squat is 70lbs bigger than bench[/quote]
Better, but keep going. A rule of thumb is to shoot for benching 200-something, squatting 300-something, and deadlifting 400-something.

So training twice a day, two days a week, and that’s it? That’s an odd plan, to say the least. I don’t think you’d be able to get enough frequency to see great gains for long, but as a shock program for a month or so, it might be something.

If you meant training twice a day, four days a week, that would be even more intense. Joel Marion wrote a program like that:

However, you’re not in a situation to need that kind of “shock program” just yet. The plan you’ve been on is in need of such fundamental improvements that you should see great results from just switching to a better-designed, though basic, routine.

In addition to what JLone posted, any of these templates would be more effective than what you’re doing:

i wrote it bad,my squat is 70lbs bigger than bench[/quote]
Better, but keep going. A rule of thumb is to shoot for benching 200-something, squatting 300-something, and deadlifting 400-something.

So training twice a day, two days a week, and that’s it? That’s an odd plan, to say the least. I don’t think you’d be able to get enough frequency to see great gains for long, but as a shock program for a month or so, it might be something.

If you meant training twice a day, four days a week, that would be even more intense. Joel Marion wrote a program like that:

However, you’re not in a situation to need that kind of “shock program” just yet. The plan you’ve been on is in need of such fundamental improvements that you should see great results from just switching to a better-designed, though basic, routine.

In addition to what JLone posted, any of these templates would be more effective than what you’re doing:

[/quote]
yes i was thinking about 4 days a week twice day workout,but for more advanced lifters is it bad to use twice a day workout for 2 week and then 1 week only 1 workout a day? or is twice a day too much?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/ten_killer_splits [/quote]
yes i was thinking about 4 days a week twice day workout,but for more advanced lifters is it bad to use twice a day workout for 2 week and then 1 week only 1 workout a day? or is twice a day too much?[/quote]
For experienced lifters who need a drastic routine change to spark new progress, two-a-days can be fine for a while. The Indigo Boot Camp demonstrated that two or three lifting sessions can be tolerated if the lifters are getting sufficient nutrition. That goes a long way towards making gains. Olympic weightlifters also often lift a few times a day. So yeah, it can definitely work under the right conditions.

I get the feeling you’re itchy to lift twice a day, so I’ll say again that, in your situation, it would be like using a sledgehammer to kill an ant when a rolled up magazine will do the job just as well. But it’s your call.

just get on a proven program like 5/3/1 or texas method