T Nation

Criticize My Eating Plan

I finally made it up to 252 lbs. and I’ve started to get to the point where I am adding too much fat to my frame. Over the past 3 weeks, ive lost 7 lbs by easing my way into dieting down. I’m looking to carb cycle down(through the guidance of Stu) and I need some pointers on my Meal Plan.

I read CT’s Carb Cycling Codex, and the plan revolves around me working out after work(6PM). I’m trying not to eat P+F+C in one meal while getting my fast carbs in only during/after my gym sessions. My goal is to reach around 7-8% bodyfat(-6-7%), while maintaining most of my muscle.

I’m currently at 245 and 14-15% BF with a lbm of around 208-210. I have a very active job, so I burn shitloads of calories every day:

Maintenance cals: 3900
Base day: 3500

My Meal Plan is as follows:

Meal 1:

4 Eggs, 2 1/2 slices wheat toast. 1 Scoop Whey Protein Shake.
50g protein 50g carbs

Meal 2:

2 scoops Whey & Casein Shake, 2 Oatmeal Packets
50g protein 50g carbs

Meal 3:

8oz lean beef/chicken/turkey, 16 fish oil caps.
50g Protein 16g fat

Meal 4:

2 scoops Whey & Casein Shake, 16 fish oil caps
50g protein 16g fat

Meal 5:

2 scoops whey, PWO Arginine Creatine Citulline. 10 oz juice
50g protein, 50g carbs

Meal 6: 8oz beef/turkey/ham , 2 slices whole wheat bread
50g protein 50g carbs

Meal 7:

2 Scoops Whey & Casein Shake, Some form of complex carbs
50g protein, 50g carbs.


Please critique this, i know it needs more and I really want to do this successfully, and this monday, i will be in the no cheating zone.

Thanks for your help guys :wink:

32 fish oil caps? have you heard of Flameout, lol

I’m on a budget man. I get 3g CLA in separately, but that’s really it, i find that they really dont get stored as fat either way.

Sign up for online nutrition counseling.

Critique costs 75 bucks.

Or you can do it yourself. Calculate the macronutrients and calories you need to grow and then check if your diet matches these calculations. But then again, if you planned the diet according to the calculations in the first place, you wouldn’t need a critique.

Your food choices are alright. You can vary your carb sources a bit more.

You consume zero fruits and vegetable, a big no-no.

I do need to include some fuits n veg in there, thanks, I think i can include 1 serving in my breakfast meal and 1 in my PWO meal.

How about 6 to 10 servings of fruits and veggies per day, not 2?

+1 on Brick, you need more fruits and veggies.

Fruits and vegs are more than energy sources, but in fact provide essential nutrients and antioxidants. Even more, the added fiber will help your BMs since you’re eating all that protein.

Personally, I would eat ONE apple, orange, pear, banana, OR grapefruit in between meals at least three times per day. Eating an apple 30 minutes prior to your meal will help with digestion too. But if you eat fruit at the same time as meat, you might get some bad gas.

Then, with meals, I would eat vegetables and lots of them. Spinach and broccoli and definitely staples, but you can go with Kale for a more seasonal option.

To top it off, I am a big fan of Raw Sauerkraut to aid in digestion (live enzymes), immune support (loaded with beneficial bacteria), and the nutrients from cabbage of course (in particular high in Vitamin C).

Frozen fruits/veggies/berries can sometimes be more affordable and convenient. Just do what you gotta do.

definitely fruits and veggies as well as berries too. Blueberries

fiber- if you up your fruts/vegs it will help, but why not throw in some black or kidney beans?

throw in some beef liver tabs too. lots of them with meals.

best of luck!!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
How about 6 to 10 servings of fruits and veggies per day, not 2? [/quote]

I understand it nutritionally, but won’t i be on the shitter all day?

[quote]ragingbassist wrote:
definitely fruits and veggies as well as berries too. Blueberries

fiber- if you up your fruts/vegs it will help, but why not throw in some black or kidney beans?

throw in some beef liver tabs too. lots of them with meals.

best of luck!![/quote]

I will add this to my regimen, thanks.

[quote]Andre Ellison wrote:
+1 on Brick, you need more fruits and veggies.

Fruits and vegs are more than energy sources, but in fact provide essential nutrients and antioxidants. Even more, the added fiber will help your BMs since you’re eating all that protein.

Personally, I would eat ONE apple, orange, pear, banana, OR grapefruit in between meals at least three times per day. Eating an apple 30 minutes prior to your meal will help with digestion too. But if you eat fruit at the same time as meat, you might get some bad gas.

Then, with meals, I would eat vegetables and lots of them. Spinach and broccoli and definitely staples, but you can go with Kale for a more seasonal option.

To top it off, I am a big fan of Raw Sauerkraut to aid in digestion (live enzymes), immune support (loaded with beneficial bacteria), and the nutrients from cabbage of course (in particular high in Vitamin C).

Frozen fruits/veggies/berries can sometimes be more affordable and convenient. Just do what you gotta do. [/quote]

Thanks man, i guess i really should be eating more fruits n veg. My goal is to get to a Very low bodyfat %, so i hope this helps.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:
How about 6 to 10 servings of fruits and veggies per day, not 2?

I understand it nutritionally, but won’t i be on the shitter all day? [/quote]

HOw often do you go now? If you’re not going at least once per day something needs to change.

haha i go like 3-4 x a day, but one of my shakes has 5g fiber in it so… that may be why…

Also, I want to know if it is cool to get in the high and med days with fast carbs at peri nutrition.

AKA:

Low days, no fast carbs, only cardio.

Med days no fast carbs until workout sessions, 100-150g juice, fruit

High days, no fast carbs until workout sessions, 200g-250g juice, fruit

I’ve never had so many carbs during a cut, and theyre working great for my sessions, and I AM losing fat,
I’m just nervous.

I’ve always had carbs during my workouts with great results (finally acheived 18 inch arms) and now i just want to retain as much as possible. I want to make sure i get this diet down right.

Beforehand, I thought dieting down was just lowering all your cals and no fast carbs whatsoever unless on a cheat day.

Anyone?

“I AM losing fat…”

This is why no one should respond.

This too is also why no one should respond:

“…they’re working great for my sessions…”

How come so much fruit is being suggested on a fat loss diet? I mean carbs are carbs. Never would I have a piece of fruit in between every meal. As far as veggies, meh, I just take a veggie complex pill.

I don’t suggest so many fruits for a fat loss diet. I wrote 6 to 10 servings of fruits AND veggies. He eats NO veggies.

Some fruits have a low glycemic load and index. I don’t see why 1 or 2 can’t be consumed on a high-carb day.

But it also depends on how restrictive the diet needs to be. Do you want to lose the weight gradually with a lifesytle diet or carb-cycling approach, or do you have to lose fat FAST or are you getting ready for an event?