Criticize My Deadlift!

Hey bromosexuals! So, I’ve been deadlifting for about two months now and realized I should get a vid up to help do it properly (I know its sub par form). I did a heavier weight for myself because that’s when form obviously gets harder to maintain. It’s 425 for four reps.

Remember to keep your head up and try to utilize more leg-drive. You’re putting it all in your back.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Remember to keep your head up and try to utilize more leg-drive. You’re putting it all in your back.[/quote]

Yeah, I have a rough time utilizing my legs more, my back is just stronger and I’m inexperienced. I forgot I had read about keeping your head up and will make sure to do that next time. Thanks for the reponse!

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Remember to keep your head up and try to utilize more leg-drive. You’re putting it all in your back.[/quote]

This. Think about pushing your butt as far back behind you as possible and move only at the legs until you reach the knees with the bar. Try not to crank your neck too hard to look up, either.

[quote]DanceWitSquirels wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

Yeah, I have a rough time utilizing my legs more, my back is just stronger and I’m inexperienced. I forgot I had read about keeping your head up and will make sure to do that next time. Thanks for the reponse![/quote]

Not so much head up, but more “packed.” Think double-chin

And I can’t quite tell from the vid, but make sure you touch down every rep and reset. Trying to decelerate a heavy deadlift that low to the ground is murder on the back.

[quote]Bmacres wrote:
And I can’t quite tell from the vid, but make sure you touch down every rep and reset. Trying to decelerate a heavy deadlift that low to the ground is murder on the back.[/quote]

I touch but don’t really reset… Will be more attentive next time.

Thanks for the feed back everyone!

I mean, you don’t really have to reset the deads. Once you pull 1 your form goes to shit for the rest, relatively. If you want to do reps you can do them like you did, drop the weight, stay tight and pull the bitch back up.

Also, the vid was fast so I’ll second what bmacres said, don’t slow down when you drop it. I can’t tell if you are but just make sure you don’t.

Seems like the hips are tight to me. Try making it more of a squat until you can keep your low back straighter, meaning drop the hips lower and arch your low back more. Also try playing with your stance, so bring your feet in more and turn your toes out some (less than 30 degrees). Do some extended warmups with different stances and feel it out until you can find what is comfortable/safer.

Good luck and keep posting vids

Impressive after only 2 months of DLing. Try and post a video of normal speed. It seems like your back never really gets set before you lift, you never quite get it tightened up before pulling. Keep the good work up though!

[quote]americaninsweden wrote:
Impressive after only 2 months of DLing. Try and post a video of normal speed. It seems like your back never really gets set before you lift, you never quite get it tightened up before pulling. Keep the good work up though![/quote]

Not sure why the video is sped up. I just uploaded it from my phone and that’s what happened.

“Criticize My Deadlift!” you say?

ok,your deadlift is by far the worst of any deadlift i have seen in all my years. Bar none.

hope that helped.

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:
“Criticize My Deadlift!” you say?

ok,your deadlift is by far the worst of any deadlift i have seen in all my years. Bar none.

hope that helped. [/quote]

…shitty, bro

I have nothing constructive to add, but you seem like a fun person.
I am curious about your user name.

?

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
I have nothing constructive to add, but you seem like a fun person.
I am curious about your user name.

?[/quote]

It’s actually from “boy meets world” referring to “dances with wolves”. It’s my ps3 name as well. Makes me giggle.

nice deadlift, eric matthews

^Best username ever. Me and my friends use that all the time.