T Nation

Critical Bench Program?

Hey All,

I’m kind of curious about the “Critical Bench” program and if anyone has done it? What kind of gains did you make and what was the program like?

I’m really not intending on shelling out 40 bucks for it, but I’m just kind of curious if all their self-hype is really at all valid.

Thanks.

-MAtt

[quote]Matgic wrote:
Hey All,

I’m kind of curious about the “Critical Bench” program and if anyone has done it? What kind of gains did you make and what was the program like?

I’m really not intending on shelling out 40 bucks for it, but I’m just kind of curious if all their self-hype is really at all valid.

Thanks.

-MAtt[/quote]

I tried it once a few years ago. It worked for me. I think I was 16? when I tried it and I went from 175 to 225 in the 8 week period. I don’t know how it would work for more advanced lifters but that is just my personal experience.

Save your $40.
That money would be better spent on either Westside’s or EliteFTS’ Benching DVD.

how about I just give you the program for free?

ok for a projected 500lb max here are the reps/sets

week 1 100lbs x 1

week 2 100lbs x 1

week 3 100lbs x 1

week 4 100lbs x 1

week 5 100lbs x 1

week 6 100lbs x 1

week 7 100lbs x 1

week 8 100lbs x 1

week 9 100lbs x 1

week 10 485 x 2

yeah its that bad the only people who would benefit from this most likley never switch up thier training and wonder why thier progress stalls

however once you have the reps to it you can use math to figure it out for different maxes for instance set the program up to just add 20lbs to your bench in 10 week instead of 50

buy the blast your bench program its 1/3 as long and it works seriously its added 90lbs to my bench in 3 uses and one of those times I did the program with a close grip so I only put 15lbs on my normal bench they also have a money back guarantee I belive

Do not waste your money. I can’t say this strongly enough. I did it a couple years ago, program is terrible, I mean it uses dumbbell flyes to help you build strength. I put on, I believe, five pounds to my bench after 12 weeks effort. Complete waste of money. Keep doing your Westside stuff, I’ve made solid gains on my bench in the last month or so like that, or maybe try Thibaudeau’s bench program from a while back.

Thanks guys. Just to clarify, I wasn’t intending on buying it. I was just curious what type of program it was. But any prewritten “individualized” program can only be so good.

-MAtt

If you want something off crictical bench then have a look at the Paul Bossi Bench program. One of the guys I train with put 15ish kg on his bench in 12 weeks using it. And he’s someone who was already pressing over 400lbs.