Criss Angel - Mindfreak

I’m not sure if you all have heard of this guy, but he has a show on A&E (I highly suggest checking it out) in which he does stunts, magic acts, and strength acts which are - for lack of a better term - unbefuckinglievable…

He performs some truley amazing things weighing in at 165 lbs (in regards to his strength acts). The magic acts are very impressive as well.

Anyone else had a chance to see this?

his show is done strictly with a camera, its not very impressive at all.

All the people he does ‘on the street’ tricks with are clearly good looking actors. Occasionally he picks a street punk that’s too dumb to figure anything out.

I saw him in NYC, and it was pretty lame. I’ve never seen him on TV.

I watch it a lot. He can pick up a taxi thats 3,500 pounds. That’s pretty impressive I think? I dunno if all his stuff is real. I like watching it though…if only we could un-ravel the mysteries.

i think he’s fuckin’ awesome. he blatantly says his stunts are illusions (ie not real), but I get the feeling he’s just lying to not get the FBI on his case. One trick he did turned water into beer right in front of the camera. the man deserves a Nobel prize.

[quote]veruvius wrote:
he blatantly says his stunts are illusions (ie not real), but I get the feeling he’s just lying to not get the FBI on his case. [/quote]

I hate it when I use my telekinesis and the FBI gets all up in my shit.

magic isn’t real

That guy gets on my last nerve. He’s a drama queen. He doesn’t really lift the taxi - it’s “magic”.

that taxi shit pissed me off too. lets look at this from our “T-Nation” perspective…if the motherfucker can deadlift the engine-end of a taxi, at 165lbs…tell me why he isnt THE top powerlifter in the world, in addition to being a “mindfreak”, i mean, why wouldnt he want to be the strongest man in the world? id gladly take that title if i could.

but ok, its “magic” or and “illusion”…some of this shit just gets to the point where it pisses you off because you presume that its fake, and you want to know how they made it look real. and when a tv show pisses me off, thats no longer entertainment. and that shit where he floats…fucking teach me how to do that shit.

Ive seen the show maybe twice and all I can think is how fake it seems. I want to believe its all fake and staged, just becuase I dont want to see ‘magic’ from an emo makeup wearing jackass. Im sure his stunts are elaborate and he just cant do them like any ordinary act, obviously. If this is the case, then they are obviously staged and I wouldnt worry about it too much. Flying, walking on water, and other such deliberate acts are simply for show, and im sure done only once in public. If the man can cure cancer, buy me a new car, and other such practical heroic acts, then ill be impressed.Im sure if you kick him in the junk at any rate he wont have a trick to deal with that one.

It’s hard to suspend your disbelief when you’re watching a tv show. If you see something live, you can at least know that you saw it all happen. Not so on tv.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
that taxi shit pissed me off too. lets look at this from our “T-Nation” perspective…if the motherfucker can deadlift the engine-end of a taxi, at 165lbs…tell me why he isnt THE top powerlifter in the world, in addition to being a “mindfreak”, i mean, why wouldnt he want to be the strongest man in the world? id gladly take that title if i could.

but ok, its “magic” or and “illusion”…some of this shit just gets to the point where it pisses you off because you presume that its fake, and you want to know how they made it look real. and when a tv show pisses me off, thats no longer entertainment. and that shit where he floats…fucking teach me how to do that shit.[/quote]

Wow man, tell us how you really feel! Its just a tv show.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
Im sure if you kick him in the junk at any rate he wont have a trick to deal with that one. [/quote]

AHAHAHAHA well said