Cringiest Youtube Lifter I Have Ever Seen

Actually I mean gyms (plural).:grinning:

Well, this thread took a weird turn…

3 Likes

Read an interview with him from more recent times and it seems like it’s a decent enough guy. Didn’t appear to have any regrets about those videos!

He is a nice guy.

Of course one can grow with loose or even awful form. Now whether that form actually has one getting a specific muscle growing in the best way is another story.

I hope people avoid bad form for squats, overhead presses, benches, bent over rows, and pull-ups. It’s asking for problems.

People with different body types and levers won’t squat the same bro… Also low bar squatting isn’t the only way to squat, there are numerous variations that people can use. I believe that when a coach says that his way of training ( whether it be a training program or methods on certain exercises) is the best and only, he’s inexperienced/dumb/close-minded or all of them combined.

1 Like

Nothing here makes sense lol. Nothing!

1 Like

In the future, I request that you address me as “Sir” not “bro”. Please note that the capitalized “S” is intended. This goes for the rest of the forum as well. Thanks so much for your understanding.

Secondly, “different body types” is just an excuse used by those who are too lazy to address their mobility & flexibility.

Furthermore, yes there are many different ways to lift a weighted object, but only one of these methods is biomechanically correct, and thus the most efficient & effective.

Lastly, I respect that you have an opinion when you state “I believe”. However, your belief is just that, a belief. What i’m talking about is “science & fact”, as perfected by Sports Scientists throughout the world, most notably those with Ph.d’s, those with millions of followers on internet forums, and those found within the Russian Federation.

Finally furthermore, if I were to tell you there’s many different ways to breathe, you’d call me crazy right? There’s only one correct & most efficient way to breathe, just like there’s only one correct way to run, sprint, jump, squat, bench, etc. What i’m talking about here, is the most fundamentally human, most biomechanical, energy cost efficient, most optimal use of leverages, and most optimal recruitment of muscle fiber. If you were to analyze all of these movements and their data using IBM Watson’s Deep Learning platform as part of my pursuit of my Ministry of Sport certification, you would probably understand this like I do.

Thank you.

Good luck with that, bossman :rofl:

4 Likes

Lol at this fucking guy.

4 Likes

really don’t think this is true. hip structures vary greatly among individuals. I think you can run into a lot of problems trying to fit your squat into a cookie-cutter mold if that mold is placing undo strain on ligaments/tendons. I’ve learned, for instance, that in a push press, I have to angle my feet differently and use a slightly different stance from what I generally see from other people to get reasonable energy transfer, based on the way my knees naturally track versus other people. It’s not a mobility issue, I can sit in a deep squat, etc. I think that to say there is only one biomechanically correct way to do anything, you’re going to have to assume that everyone has essentially the same underlying skeletal structure, and that just doesn’t seem to be the case based on what we know to be true about hips.

4 Likes

Whilst you may not think it to be true, I know it to be true.

Most people are just impatient: they want it now. This is a cultural problem that manifests itself throughout our lives, especially in the mastery of weightlifting by the dedicated sportsman.

I’ll give you a quick example. I, myself, have not squatting a barbell for over 5 years. After being told my form was “atrocious” on T-Nation by several respectable members, I searched deep within online literature and found several pamphlets by none other than Jay Schroeder and Mark Rippetoe. As for Jay Schroeder, he taught me how to be patient, whilst Rippetoe taught me how to squat, deadlift, bench press, and drink milk perfectly.

I stopped squatting and went to the local hardware store, bought myself a broom stick, and started squatting exclusively with it. What do you know? I couldn’t squat it properly. So, I began to analyze every angle, my mobility, my flexibility, and realized that after ~30 years of sitting in chairs and defecating using toilets, my hip flexors, ankles, hips, low beck, tensor fasciae latte, soleus, gastrocs, and my popliteus were tight beyond belief. I had acquired “sedentary life style syndrome”. I was born an animal, and became a sedentary human.

So instead of squatting with a barbell, I just kept squatting my broom stick while working on my mobility & flexibility. After 5 years, i’m almost ready to return back to barbell lifting. I know once I do, my lifts will sky rocket.

When I squat my broom stick, I actually think about squatting “10 plates”. This is something I learned from Jay Schroeder after listening to him describe his training of Adam Archuleta while also explaining how he re-attached someones severed arm using an ARP Wave, returning him back to powerlifting within 6 months and incredibly adding 250 lb to their total, which resulted in them winning IPF World’s. Anyway, visualization is very important. Once you can visualize yourself lifting such heavy weight for a duration of no less than 5 minutes, while pulling yourself into position and holding the perfect squat isometrically, you are then, and ONLY THEN, ready to lift a barbell. If any of those variables are not accounted for, you remain on the broom.

So after about 5 years on the broom, i’m very close to finally getting back into barbell lifting. I’ve been told by many sources than I can expect my Rippetoe certified squat to reach 3 x BW within 6 months of picking up a barbell. As you can expect, I am extremely excited.

Thanks so much for your time.

haha!

Epic.

Thanks, man. I really needed that today.

9 Likes

I laughed my ass off with that same part too. Adarqui is one of the best trolls I’ve seen for a while. I honestly enjoy this,.

4 Likes

yeah, he’s been good so far.

I wonder if some teenage lurker read his post and now thinks that if he spends 5 years mastering a squat with a broomstick that’ll mean he can reach the 3xBW in 6 months.

Because obviously if it takes you 5 years to learn to squat a broomstick then you’ll definitely squat 3x bodyweight in 6 months. Yup. That’s totally how it works.

2 Likes

I’m still fucking this one up, any tips?

1 Like

That’s because you guys are T-Nation Newbs…

no no, I remember. Isn’t that the original post a shoe thread?

Edit: hold a shoe, rather

Lol, no, that’s a different one. This is machete guy that wanted to get anorexia skinny for better bball skills.

*ElitaBalla3 was the shoe guy. I haven’t found the thread, yet.

1 Like

Sir, I want in on this scientifical breakthrough. I’ll send you lots of money and promise to spread the knowledge like a fat kid spreads peanut butter.

Thanks,

SkyzykS

ps. There were lots of other “Like a fat ________ spreads _______” but that is the one I typically use in conversations of such great importance.

1 Like