Crime to Exercise Free Speech on a Public Sidewalk!

You can fucking protest at a soldier’s funeral, but can’t pass out pamphlets near that festival. Complete horseshit. America has turned into a disgrace. They (muslims) burn the fucking American Flag in Dearborn and I dare you to say something about that, the ACLU will be on your ass so fast…welcome to the Former United States of America.

[quote]dk44 wrote:
You can fucking protest at a soldier’s funeral, but can’t pass out pamphlets near that festival. Complete horseshit. America has turned into a disgrace. They (muslims) burn the fucking American Flag in Dearborn and I dare you to say something about that, the ACLU will be on your ass so fast…welcome to the Former United States of America.[/quote]

Those protesters at military funeral should be arrested or removed for the same reason: Instigation.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:
You can fucking protest at a soldier’s funeral, but can’t pass out pamphlets near that festival. Complete horseshit. America has turned into a disgrace. They (muslims) burn the fucking American Flag in Dearborn and I dare you to say something about that, the ACLU will be on your ass so fast…welcome to the Former United States of America.[/quote]

Those protesters at military funeral should be arrested or removed for the same reason: Instigation.[/quote]

Just curious, do you think that what we saw in this video (standing on a corner, quietly offering pamphlets to those who would take them) is comparable to the megaphones, shouted obscenities, and degrading signs being paraded outside of military funerals by WBC?

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
I can’t watch this at work - could someome please summarise real quick what happens in the videos?

As an ex-muslim, this is particularly interesting.[/quote]

sure,

There is a Muslim festival (one of the largest in north America from what I understand), a couple of former Muslims and some white guy are standing outside of the festival on a public sidewalk handing out free copies of the Gospel of John in english and arabic and are stopped by the police within a matter of minutes, detained and prevented from handing out free literature on a public sidewalk within 5 blocks of the festival. It is quite obvious that it is the content of what they are handing out that causes the problem as I am certain that if they were handing out free ice cream coupons there would not have been an issue. So because they are handing out Christian literature outside of a Muslim festival (open to the public, i might add) their civil rights and freedom of speech are being violated.[/quote]

Thanks mate. If it is as you described then the police have over-reacted by detaining/stopping them. People have a right to get offended, and I believe people have a right to offend.

In my experience, a good deal of muslims are very protective and defensive of what they believe in. Their conditioning in general, from a very very young age, makes sure of this.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

Those protesters at military funeral should be arrested or removed for the same reason: Instigation.[/quote]

apparently free speech is an unknown thing in New Zealand . . .

Anybody notice that nobody cares about free speech? When the right sees a cop take out a liberal protestor, its good work, when the left sees christians protesting muslim events get arrested, its quelling instigation.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Anybody notice that nobody cares about free speech? When the right sees a cop take out a liberal protestor, its good work, when the left sees christians protesting muslim events get arrested, its quelling instigation.

[/quote]

I beg to differ. When a liberal speaks out it is their Constitutional Right, but when a Conservative speaks out they are called Racists.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

I beg to differ. When a liberal speaks out it is their Constitutional Right, but when a Conservative speaks out they are called Racists. [/quote]

Right. Except when a liberal gets smacked with a baton by a cop, he’s getting what he deserves.

Please, dont pretend like your stance on whatever issue doesn’t influence what you think, or that its only that conservatives get the short end of the stick.

[/quote]

Nope - heartily disagree with you on this - as I told Mak, I’ll stand on the street and defend his free speech right regardless of what it is that he is handing out. As for the left’s perspective - you might be on to something there - lol

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

I beg to differ. When a liberal speaks out it is their Constitutional Right, but when a Conservative speaks out they are called Racists. [/quote]

Right. Except when a liberal gets smacked with a baton by a cop, he’s getting what he deserves.

Please, dont pretend like your stance on whatever issue doesn’t influence what you think, or that its only that conservatives get the short end of the stick.[/quote]

Please, dont pretend like your stance on whatever issue doesn’t influence what you think, or that its only that liberals get the short end of the stick.

Sorry had to do it. You have some good points, but this country is going down hill fast. I like it when people speak out, I just hate that when a liberals free speech is stepped on the ACLU shows up, but when a Conservatives is stepped on the ACLU shows up to defend the other person.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

1, nobody in the videos were protesting. (The guys in the second vid just asked a question)

2, The people at the soldiers funeral were purposely causing psychological harm. They were hurting people.

Please, dont pretend like your stance on whatever issue doesn’t influence what you think, or that its only that conservatives get the short end of the stick.[/quote]

[/quote]

Please show me an example in the past 40 years where this has happened and the protesters being assaulted weren’t already rioting and destroying property.

This sounds a lot like you making stuff up about “how things are” to support your made up point.

The muslims in those vids are just as free to stop them from speaking as anybody else is to stop the muslims from from taking the actions that they took.

Sometimes when you feel strongly enough about something, you should make a stand.

They have made a stand. If no one does anything about it and relies on someone else to do something, you will have a dispersion of responsibility followed by cries of “Why didn’t anybody do anything?”.

So, if you don’t like them smacking, crowding and otherwise intimidating, do something about it.

Putting a video on youtube is effective for getting the word out, but this country wasn’t founded on words. It was founded on action.

This is the type of shit that happens when we as a people raise up a country of passive aggressive pussy fucks who think that being a tattle tale is their job, but getting dirty and throwing blows is for someone else to do.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
The muslims in those vids are just as free to stop them from speaking as anybody else is to stop the muslims from from taking the actions that they took.

Sometimes when you feel strongly enough about something, you should make a stand.

They have made a stand. If no one does anything about it and relies on someone else to do something, you will have a dispersion of responsibility followed by cries of “Why didn’t anybody do anything?”.

So, if you don’t like them smacking, crowding and otherwise intimidating, do something about it.

Putting a video on youtube is effective for getting the word out, but this country wasn’t founded on words. It was founded on action.

This is the type of shit that happens when we as a people raise up a country of passive aggressive pussy fucks who think that being a tattle tale is their job, but getting dirty and throwing blows is for someone else to do.
[/quote]

Fighting back accomplishes little for your cause when the cards are stacked against you like that but I do agree to an extent. I think an ultimatum should have been given. “Hit me again and I’m going to mace you.” would have sufficed, let the cameras keep rolling and when the fucktard hits him, watch him go down clawing at his eyes. Excellent.

I saw the videos and am outraged, but (to play devil’s advocate) what would happen if a bunch of Muslims went to a Christian Festival (in the US) and started passing out Korans? Same thing? Nothing?

Or how about same thing at a random ethnic festival, an Italian fest for example?

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Fighting back accomplishes little for your cause when the cards are stacked against you like that but I do agree to an extent. I think an ultimatum should have been given. “Hit me again and I’m going to mace you.” would have sufficed, let the cameras keep rolling and when the fucktard hits him, watch him go down clawing at his eyes. Excellent.[/quote]

As funny as that would be to watch, whether or not you’d get in trouble for pulling something like that is uncertain…would depend on the area. In Dearborn…who knows.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
I saw the videos and am outraged, but (to play devil’s advocate) what would happen if a bunch of Muslims went to a Christian Festival (in the US) and started passing out Korans? Same thing? Nothing?

Or how about same thing at a random ethnic festival, an Italian fest for example?[/quote]

Honestly, I’m guessing that they would engage in conversation with a bunch of christians, get offended, call the christians terrorists or racists or both, and complain to their muslim friends about it.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

Just curious, do you think that what we saw in this video (standing on a corner, quietly offering pamphlets to those who would take them) is comparable to the megaphones, shouted obscenities, and degrading signs being paraded outside of military funerals by WBC?[/quote]

And taping it? Yeah, they’ve pretty much dropped to the same level in my eyes. If the tape was something a bystander happened to catch on camera while passing I might not say they were there to instigate. But the fact is that they took a camera and taped it.

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

apparently free speech is an unknown thing in New Zealand . . .[/quote]

Are you seriously defending the scum who picket funerals?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]dk44 wrote:

1, nobody in the videos were protesting. (The guys in the second vid just asked a question)

2, The people at the soldiers funeral were purposely causing psychological harm. They were hurting people.[/quote]

And they took the video camera and uploaded it to Youtube because?