Crime Scenarios & What to Do

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:
If I witness a criminal act, I’m hoping the guy doing it weighs less than 315lbs(pr) so I can dead-lift his ass then break his back over my knee. [/quote]

why deadlift when you can snatch his a@@.[/quote]

Nothing better than a 315 pound snatch. ifyouknowwhatimean.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:
If I witness a criminal act, I’m hoping the guy doing it weighs less than 315lbs(pr) so I can dead-lift his ass then break his back over my knee. [/quote]

Funny enough, I was considering my choice of words, and realized I don’t oly-lift, so I went with what I’m familiar with :smiley:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

Funny enough, I was considering my choice of words, and realized I don’t oly-lift, so I went with what I’m familiar with :D[/quote]

Actually, going with that logic, I should kick him in the balls. I’ve had 15 years of practice in that.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

Nothing better than a 315 pound snatch. ifyouknowwhatimean.[/quote]

That is freaking hilarious. I am laughing so hard I can barely see.

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:

Funny enough, I was considering my choice of words, and realized I don’t oly-lift, so I went with what I’m familiar with :D[/quote]

Actually, going with that logic, I should kick him in the balls. I’ve had 15 years of practice in that. [/quote]

You play kickball?

This.

[quote]Claudan wrote:
This.[/quote]

Yep you play the kickball.

Edit: You have a hearing problem?

Punching people is so dumb.

Leaves marks on your assailant, and yourself, every time.
Not to mention it’s painful as fuck, and usually pretty ineffective.

Slams, breaks, kicks, you can FUCK someone up and leave zero evidence.
Even Knees and Elbows you could make a case that you just fell off a bike or something, but what the fuck do you say to a bunch of broken knuckles? “I fell off my skateboard and decided to break my fall with my fists…” Right.

If you have to fight, which is very rare, fight smart.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:
This.[/quote]

Edit: You have a hearing problem?[/quote]

Nah, that’s called being a boss after you help your team win. Apparently, you’ve never had that happen to you.

[quote]Claudan wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Claudan wrote:
This.[/quote]

Edit: You have a hearing problem?[/quote]

Nah, that’s called being a boss after you help your team win. Apparently, you’ve never had that happen to you.[/quote]

Or being a Prince.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. At all.
[/quote]

Then don’t give out legal advice.[/quote]

Yeah, cause all the advice/opinions on these are only given by professionals speaking about their chosen professions. It’s a discussion dude. [/quote]

Well, uh, there ARE quite a few lawyers on this site who could answer the OPs questions for him.[/quote]

Well, hopefully they’ll chime in and we can all learn something. In the meantime I don’t see the harm in the rest of us having a little chat based on our own understanding and experiences.

[quote]WN76 wrote:
Like idaho said, develop your own terms of action. They should be limited to your loved ones and the truly helpless people out there. You don’t want to expose yourself to unnecessary risk for people you don’t know. Sometimes shitty things happen and you can’t do anything about it.

In my hometown’s bar district, it’s common for a group of thugs to have one guy (usually a smaller one) in the group grab the ass of a woman walking with a man. The others stand back, and wait for the man to confront the small guy. This usually results in a swarm and the beating of the guy who thought it was just some small punk trying to get a piece of his woman’s ass.

[/quote]

We had a rash of this type of thing a few years ago. A co worker of mine caught a pretty decent beating in basically exactly that scenario. Just because something is “right” doesn’t necessarily make it a good idea.

get concealed carry permit
buy gun
shoot people
wait for cops to show up
shoot cops
get on bus
go home

pin your mushroom tip with needles
take picture with instagram
get a fancy filter
massive distribute the photo to kids
cook rabbit in a sock
wake up in sweats
your were not sleeping
shit just got real

If you try and “arrest” someone as a civilian here in England you are more than likely to face

• Racism charges if they are a different race to you if you’re white
  • False imprisonment of a person means you;re going to court AND they will win a payout
  • Rape charges if you intervene in a domestic incident on the street (woman would always attack you)

You wouldn’t think this was possible but thanks to the lawyers and court system (and police) it now is.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
If you try and “arrest” someone as a civilian here in England you are more than likely to face

• Racism charges if they are a different race to you if you’re white
  • False imprisonment of a person means you;re going to court AND they will win a payout
  • Rape charges if you intervene in a domestic incident on the street (woman would always attack you)

You wouldn’t think this was possible but thanks to the lawyers and court system (and police) it now is.[/quote]

Enjoy the decline?

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]WN76 wrote:
Like idaho said, develop your own terms of action. They should be limited to your loved ones and the truly helpless people out there. You don’t want to expose yourself to unnecessary risk for people you don’t know. Sometimes shitty things happen and you can’t do anything about it.

In my hometown’s bar district, it’s common for a group of thugs to have one guy (usually a smaller one) in the group grab the ass of a woman walking with a man. The others stand back, and wait for the man to confront the small guy. This usually results in a swarm and the beating of the guy who thought it was just some small punk trying to get a piece of his woman’s ass.

[/quote]

We had a rash of this type of thing a few years ago. A co worker of mine caught a pretty decent beating in basically exactly that scenario. Just because something is “right” doesn’t necessarily make it a good idea.

[/quote]

If you don’t mind me asking, how far up the island are you? If you don’t want to disclose that info, I understand completely.

Anybody know the laws for assault in California because I would love to know. Recently I went to a country concert with my girlfriend and sister. When we were in line for alcohol wristbands I got mine and walked to the back of the line to wait. While waiting they walked up to me and told me that one guy waiting in line grabbed both of their asses as they walked by. I was about ready to destroy this guy but was told I’d be arrested. Info? It still bugs me to this day

[quote]Dustinsk wrote:
Anybody know the laws for assault in California because I would love to know. Recently I went to a country concert with my girlfriend and sister. When we were in line for alcohol wristbands I got mine and walked to the back of the line to wait. While waiting they walked up to me and told me that one guy waiting in line grabbed both of their asses as they walked by. I was about ready to destroy this guy but was told I’d be arrested. Info? It still bugs me to this day [/quote]

You could have told the event security guys and they probably would have booted him. If you would have destroyed him, you could have been arrested. Having said that, if you were arrested and didn’t seriously injure the guy, they may just tell the both of you to forget it all happened unless you guys want to go to jail.

You did the right thing by letting it go. You would have only satisfied your ego.

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. At all.
[/quote]

Then don’t give out legal advice.[/quote]

Says the guy that told someone that’s depressed to take LSD. [/quote]

I’ve been depressed before and I’ve taken LSD on multiple occasions. Unless the Batman has made an argument in front of a judge defending or prosecuting a client, I’m infinitely more qualified to hand out advice about avant garde depression-fighting techniques than he is to hand out advice about the legality of anything.