T Nation

Crewpierce - Still At It

So not sure if anyone is still around from the old physique clinic days but I thought I would update y’all just in case :slight_smile:

I just wanted to say that I’m still around these days but I have switched gears from powerlifting to competing in the NPC these days. My last powerlifting meet was about a year ago and I won my weight class in the RPS federation meet but truthfully I have always wanted to get on stage!

So I set a goal for myself to get on stage by the time I turned 30 and I accomplished it with a few months to spare. I competed in the Men’s Physique division but have plans this off season to bulk up (lean bulk) and transition to bodybuilding for next year. Thus far a month or so post show the bulk is going well and I am currently at 220 pounds verse the 190 I stepped on stage at.

To be honest the results weren’t what I hoped for and my coach actually flaked out on me the day of the show (didn’t show up as planned or respond to texts/calls), but the end result is on me. I thought I was holding water when in reality I was super flat so I pretty much did everything wrong the day of haha. I figured it out that night when I ate a hamburger and looked 100x better than I did at pre-judging. Oops! It was an awesome learning experience though and now I have a path to exceed when prepping for my next show!

This first pic I’m posting is my back shot, I’m the guy in the middle (tall one).

Just thought I would update and post some bulk pictures as I go along. The plan is to see how big I can get by Jan 1, if my legs have come up enough (Hell and everything else) than I’ll prep for bodybuilding, if I’m still lacking than I’ll prep for the pretty boy contest :slight_smile:

Here’s a front shot, sorry no good pics from the contest haha I apparently wasn’t worthy of getting my picture taken by the guy there

Day before the show

Last Back shot - post show

Looked good. So you said your posting current pics?

Here’s a pic from last week of me copying Mark Dugdale’s shoulder workout with the DB side Lateral Raises, with leaning away cable raises, then band lateral raises

I only have gym pics at the moment but will take some proper bodybuilding shots shortly of the bulk!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I only have gym pics at the moment but will take some proper bodybuilding shots shortly of the bulk![/quote]

Nice. What are your plans for the gaining phase? What your macros at? Or normal diet? And what did you end your contest at?

good stuff man, i remember the physic clinic…thats right around the time i started to lift weights! right on!

Good thread!

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
I only have gym pics at the moment but will take some proper bodybuilding shots shortly of the bulk![/quote]

Nice. What are your plans for the gaining phase? What your macros at? Or normal diet? And what did you end your contest at?[/quote]

Plans for the gaining phase are to really focus on bringing up my legs, no set body weight, just making sure to never go over 10% BF. Cut for the next show will begin in Jan.

I am currently carb cycling with 2 high days, 3 medium days, and 2 low days (my days off from training). My high carb days are currently 350 grams carbs, medium 150, low are 80. I ended my cut at roughly 185-190, I believe my exact weight was 187 when I was back stage.

Btw I apologize if the pics appear sideways for folks! On my laptop they looked normal but now on my
iPhone the first few were sideways :-/