Crewpierce Metcon for Muscle Log

Look who’s backkkkk :sunglasses:

I’m looking forward to starting this badass program next week, love the farmers carry in there! Blends well with my physique and strongman training :muscle:

1 Like

It’s actually a pretty nice “early off-season” prep approach for strongmen competitors as it will vastly improve work capacity, which is a sore point with many strongmen. Don’t hesitate to ask me questions so that I can help you. Tag me so that I’m sure to see your questions.

1 Like

Did my first workout yesterday, the lemon drop flavor is amazing! Had a great pump too, which makes running around with dumbbells a little hard lol

1 Like
2 Likes

For you gents having a hard time falling asleep, here’s my stack for when I’m cutting @Andrewgen_Receptors

1 Like

The quad and calf pump are real on these between the Surge and leg extensions :skull:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Awsome thanks for the video share!

1 Like

Ok so @Christian_Thibaudeau 4 turns suck on these farmers lol I need a longer runway :joy: also I need to keep my back more upright but not bad for beltless I guess

3 Likes

You can also just bring it back down and deadlift it back up on each turn. Getting some reps in.

3 Likes

I’ve done this for farmer’s carries before when I lacked the space to do it in linear form.

I call it the “Box Method” for farmer’s carries. Typically I just do 1 step forward, 1 step left, 1 step back, 1 step right, with feet coming together after each step - but whichever works.

(If @Christian_Thibaudeau approves)

Haha you sir are either way more daring than me or a lot younger or both :joy: There’s no way I’m stepping sideways with 200+ per hand, I can hear my knee popping already! The video was 200 pounds per hand, I usually do 250-300 but given the speed requirements and 1 minute duration I dropped it down accordingly.

Our length is usual competition length for and down and back, but we are going for time here not distance in the program so hence all my turns lol

1 Like

Btw,
I’m up 3 pounds from 207 to 210 while keeping my conditioning so pretty stoked about that!

I’ve dropped down the weight considerably for the 1min and 2min farmers walk. I figure it’s a good opportunity to clean up form while taking a break from the competition weights. Alot easier to practice good pickups and foot speed. Still the longer duration walks are tougher.

1 Like

Well, the Rx says:
So I’ve been using 55-60lb DBs (pending availability) as I weigh 225(ish). I do believe you are going well above the prescribed weight, but more power to you for going above and beyond!

BTW, I’m 28, pull ~500 and would NEVER want to side-step with 200lbs+ per hand lol

2 Likes

Light is relative, if I can jog with the weight and do 1 minute without slowing down, that’s light to me. That being said, I’m not going sideways and risking my knee health. I’m approaching 40 so joint health is top of mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One method that I like is to use “infinity walks” … simply because it sounds cool… but basically you walk in an 8 path, which you can actually make pretty small. According to Coach Dan Fichter walking in an “8/infinity” pattern has neurlogical benefits.

2 Likes

At a gym in DC this week as I’m traveling for work but got in my physical labor workout without issue!

Given I didn’t travel with my belt I opted for wagon wheel deadlifts as it’s easier on my lower back.

1 Like

As FYI my Surge and all my meals made it on my 3 day trip to DC. Didn’t miss a workout or meal

3 Likes