CrewPierce Continues

Ok so yesterday was bench press, bench press, and yet more bench press.

Did:
barx3x20
135x3x10
and then a crap ton of sets of 5 working up to 3-4 sets of 205x5.
Finished off with 135x2x20

Lots of volume and working on my form. I need to get more leg drive in my lift and we are also working on getting my hands out wider on the bench. Before my hands were actually just inside the power rings, but yesterday we were working with my middle finger on the ring.

I was feeling pretty sore during the workout so I put some icy hot on and that took care of it. Not feeling sore anywhere today which is surprising.

Today is an off day and I’m going to watch a baseball game. Should be fun.

This will be a great thread. As a frustrated, old, former Oly guy; (and southerner) I will be following this! Good Luck

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
This will be a great thread. As a frustrated, old, former Oly guy; (and southerner) I will be following this! Good Luck[/quote]

Haha thanks for following and for the luck!

Today was squat day and I’ll update about that tomorrow morning. here are some pictures, sorry they are so late.

In the first picture, that’s the weight Nash did 4x3 and he made it look easy!

And our benches

Damn man hardcore training partners and gym. THAT is what makes progress.

I’ll be following along :slight_smile:

Oh I am so jealous. That gym reminds me of the gym I trained at in Boone, NC about 10,000 years ago. It will be fun to follow your progress. Good training!

[quote]Kalle wrote:
Damn man hardcore training partners and gym. THAT is what makes progress.

I’ll be following along :)[/quote]

Haha yea man, I should take a picture of Shannon benching. This girl did 275 at the last meet and she’s going for 315 in the next one to set the world record in her class. Oh…and she benches RAW.

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
Oh I am so jealous. That gym reminds me of the gym I trained at in Boone, NC about 10,000 years ago. It will be fun to follow your progress. Good training![/quote]

You know you’re jealous of our homemade monolift! I really like the gym and for $20 a month you can’t beat it.

So yesterday we were working on getting my stance about 10inches wider.

My hips are the lacking point just like in the deadlift so Nash is trying to get me to use them more.

I am slow coming out of the hole, but the other 3/4th of the lift is explosive.

I was doing sets of 2 at 275 yesterday with the wider stance. We then kept reducing the weight and working on going wider until I was doing sets of 10 at 135 with my feet very wide.

My hips are SORE today! Haha clearly from the new wider stance. It feels good though to be working on correct form. Nash said other than my stance being a bit narrow that my squat form was great, so that made me feel pretty good yesterday.

Today is more of a bodybuilding workout to be used for active recovery.

CP, I’m jealous of the whole deal. Y’alls deal is what strength training is all about!

So yesterday was deadlift day and everything went really well.

Warm-up was:
Rotator therapy- 5 exercises
3 sets of 10 on hypers

I did sumo stance up until my working sets. The sumo stance should help with my wider stance on squats as my hips are where I’m lacking.

Did 135 for 3 sets of 10
225 for 2 sets of 10
275 for 2 sets of 3
315 for 2 sets of 3 (one set sumo then to the stance I’ll be using to compete with)
345 for 2 sets of 3
365 for 3 sets of 3

Then I did 3 sets of max V handle pull-ups which were 14, 10, 9.

I used some deadlifting socks yesterday to try and keep myself from bleeding on the barbell, well I only accomplished bleeding on the socks as they helped very little. Kept the blood off the barbell so good enough! At least I know I’m bringing it up my legs like I should.

Oh and Nash, Shannon, and I had some great laughs last night talking about “stripping and loading, cutting 2 inches off the black rod because it was bottoming out in the hole, and those damn people that don’t join in on the stripping and loading.”

Oh crap I forgot to mention, I only used my belt on the last sets of 3. Normally I would put it on at 315, but my back has been feeling really good lately and appears to be getting stronger.

Nice workout CP

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
Nice workout CP[/quote]

The workout is from Nash, I just lift until he says stop :slight_smile:

Well I also follow his advice on what I’m doing wrong. Still working on lifting more with my hips when the weight gets about knee height.

2 pro bodybuilders were supposed to stop by yesterday but they never came, so they may be coming by today. If so we’ll have some more pictures up tonight!

-Sorry I know that last part had NOTHING to do with your post lol

hahahaha. Point well taken CP. Bud, your pulling good numbers. the direction you are getting is impressive. It reminds me of the help I got from a guy during my Oly training time. Your work is pretty cool to follow.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

You know you’re jealous of our homemade monolift! I really like the gym and for $20 a month you can’t beat it.[/quote]

CP,
Remember how we were talking a while back about home-made gym set-ups? See what you can do with a welder? And $20 a month, nice…

Your keeping another log is a great idea, it keeps the positive momentum going from your last one.

Jelly

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

You know you’re jealous of our homemade monolift! I really like the gym and for $20 a month you can’t beat it.

CP,
Remember how we were talking a while back about home-made gym set-ups? See what you can do with a welder? And $20 a month, nice…

Your keeping another log is a great idea, it keeps the positive momentum going from your last one.

Jelly

[/quote]

Haha you were damn right my friend. Good call on what you can do with a welder and charging only $20 for a gym membership! I never even made the connection that I joined a gym that’s exactly like your up and coming one.

Yesterday was bench day and we had 2 other guys join us.

The first guy is about 160lbs and he benches 315 RAW. Damn strong skinny guy!

The second guy that joined us is around 275 I believe and his numbers are insane. Nash told him to come over yesterday and show off to scare me a bit, well it worked. This guy was repping out 315 for 8-10 reps with a REVERSE grip. The really scary thing was that he hadn’t been working out in a month or two!

So yea I am officially the worst bencher in the group by far. It really pisses me off that my bench is 50lbs behind both Shannon’s and the skinny dudes. It pisses me off though in a way that motivates me. This was just what I needed.

So the workout was:
Shoulder rehab work
3 sets of 20 with the bar
2 sets of 10 with 135
2 sets of 3 with 185
1 set of 2 with 205
2 sets of 1 with 225
3* sets of 5 with 185
3* sets of 5 with 205
1 set of 20 with 135 WIDE grip

4 sets of 8-10 on Standing Shoulder Press with 40lb DB’s

*There may have been more sets, at this point it was hard to keep counting

Well my maxes suck hairy monkey balls but Nash said to expect it since we are building up my endurance on the lifts first. Still pisses me off though when a 160lb guy is doing sets of 2 with 275, another guy is doing sets of 10 with 315 reverse grip, and a lady is doing sets of 2-3 with 225.

I need to step it up on my bench.

Still a good workout CP. What’s the plan to get your bench #'s up?